Golden Glade In A Hole In The Ground...
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha's den felt too small. She never liked small areas. It made her feel scared, feel like she could get stuck and never get out again. Like the air would suddenly grow less and less until none was left. That feeling made her tail go limp as she moved through the commoner area.

She decided to move. If she could find a larger den, she would take it. If not...well, she would rather sleep outside in the rain then some small hole in the ground. The fear was too much for her.

forgot to tag. @Ayla
55 Posts
Ooc —
Ayla didn't think much of being a commoner, but she would bear it for now. Charley's tales of nobility and grandeur had entrapped her, and she had decided that she would prove herself to the king and queen. At the moment, she flounce around the commoners area, catching sight of one of her packmates, letting out a small chuff of greeting
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha moved her head to find someone she had not met yet. It made sense that they were a packmate, as they were inside the pack borders. "Morning. My name is Heartha. What is yours?" she asked, stopping momentarily in her search.
55 Posts
Ooc —
The packmate greeted her in a friendly manner, and so Ayla offered a smile of her own. "Morning, Heartha. I'm Ayla." she trilled, voice soft. She noted the scent of her packmate, attaching it to a name from now on. Perhaps this Heartha could help her? "I'm looking for a plant, a mushroom. I've seen it around here, somewhere, and meant to investigate it. I've never seen something like it before. Would you help me?"
353 Posts
Ooc —
Despite how kindly Ayla asked, Heartha had something to do. But then again, perhaps this could be a case of 'a favor for a favor'. "I need help finding a larger home. Maybe, if I help you, you could help me after?" Heartha looked her expression over quizzically while waiting for her response.
55 Posts
Ooc —
Ayla nodded absently, gaze skirting around the clearing then fastening back on the wolf. "Sure. That sounds good." she said in her lilting voice. "Perhaps we could look for your den first? I don't mind looking for the 'shroom later." Her brilliant blue eyes fastened for a moment on the ground by her feet, watching a magnificently golden insect scuttle along as she waited for the other woman's reply.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha shook her head. "We'll find this mushroom first." She didn't want to end up staying in the den and getting side tracked with examining each and every possible site just for time to run out in finding Ayla's mystery shroom. "Lead the way."
55 Posts
Ooc —
The other woman agreed to search for the mushroom with her, and a smile flitted across Ayla's features. She , after a moment, decided to descride the mushroom for her packmate. "Well, I don't know what it's called, nor have I ever seen it before. It looks really cool- pale and kind of...twisty? and there are these oozing red things on it, that look sorta like blood. Like...a bleeding bone. That's kind what it looks like, but...a mushroom." she paused, looking at the other and wondering if that description was adequite.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha slighlty regretted asking. The description Ayla gave, it did not give the prettiest of sights in her mind. She was not one for much gore, which came with her dislike of violence. Her eyes widened a little as the picture became all too clear in her mind. It turned bad when she mentioned 'oozing red things'.

"Okay then..." That was all she said, cause it was all that came to mind. She did not find the appearance of the mushroom described 'cool' in any way. But rather unappetizing. For a brief moment, she wondered what the purpose of it was, and thought it to be poisonous just by the look of it.
55 Posts
Ooc —
Ayla had no idea of Heartha's discomfort with the mushroom, but grinned at her acceptance and went on. "I think we should look in cool, shadowy places; I'm pretty sure I saw it in the west side of the Glade" she said motioning with her muzzle. She was excited to find and examine this new mushroom, see how many grew around the glade as well.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Should they find the mushroom on your next post?

Heartha listened in on the area Ayla remembered having seen it. The western part of the Glade. She could see the excitement, and despite the subject of her excitement, she couldn't help but smile at her companion's mood. She followed along to the west part of the Glade as Ayla led.
55 Posts
Ooc —
They searched together for a while, but, eventually, Ayla noted something by Heartha's side. Her gaze fastened on it a moment, then she hurried over, nosing the thing. It was hideous, the mushroom, but unique. She smiled at her friend, looking around and remembering the location. "Perfect. Now I'll just have to remember the location" she said, her gaze falling on another mushroom.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Suddenly Ayla surged forward at something near Heartha. She looked down at the ground, and found herself sickened by the sight. Now seeing it, it did look like a bleeding bone. And the blood was thick, or whatever it was. She had to force her gaze up to keep herself being sick in her stomach, and forced a smile up at Ayla.

"Well, you found it. Can we get going? It's appearance is a bit...unsettling." A chill ran across her spine as she said that, daring another glance at it.
55 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha didn't seem to like the find very much, which Ayla found crazy. To her, it was beautiful, unique. But she shrugged it off, saying. "Where'd you like to go find your den?"
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha shrugged. She had no exact location planned out for her new den. Just as long as it was much more spacious. She had made the mistake of choosing one with a very tight fit, and she hated being in tight spaces. "As long as it's spacious, I'm fine with it. Large enough to fit two of me, not a half of me...I don't like small spaces."
55 Posts
Ooc —
Ayla considered for a moment, then with a swish of her tail led the female to the other side of the clearing, her eyes sought out what she had glimpsed on time- there it was. She gestured wordlessly toward the base of a huge oak. The roots had been elevated as erosion melted away the earth, leaving a sizable entrance to a closed off hollow below the roots. From where she stood, it looked spacious. "What about this?" she asked.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha went looking with Ayla. Sizing up every hole she saw, estimating how much she would have to dig if she chose it without having it collapse on her. Then Ayla noticed one, and Heartha's ears perked as she looked over. Heartha went up to the hole curiously, then poked her head in. And came out with a grin. "It's perfect. Thanks."

@Ayla we can finish this up now
55 Posts
Ooc —
"I'm glad" I grin stole her features, and she dipped her head. Then she was gone, nymph lost to the woods, and left with little but that. She was never one for goodbyes.