Tuktu Hinterlands Travel Weary
5 Posts
Ooc — chesire
All Welcome 
@Zaavier

A moutainous wolf tramps over new green sprouts and little holes of critters. Raynar owns then disgards the ground he walks on as none of it mattered. The top of the black haired wolf was covered in twigs and mud as he sighed. Laying in a patch of rubble, it jabs him but he welcomes the discomfort. He had to think where his sister could be.
If "Plan A" doesn't work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.
155 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Im just going to assume that he is near Hideaway Strath!

With his new territory all set up, Zaavier set to work marking the borders. He rubbed against trees, bushes and rocks, he scraped his paw pads against the earth every few steps. Once in a while, he'd even lift a leg to relieve himself of a few drops before walking on again to find somewhere else to do it. 

After about out an hour of silence and spreading his scent everywhere he walked, a new scent filled his nostrils. It was familiar, although he could not pin point the owner. With a furrow in his brow, Zaavier lowered his massive head to the ground, nosing about the debris until he caught another drop of scent. He followed the trail like this until the large frame came into view. The wolf appeared to be almost as large as himself with the exception of a few inches. At this distance, it was impossible to tell who it was, but as he grew closer, his heart seemed to stop. Could it be? No. But was it? 

"Raynar.." He rumbled, figuring he would try. If it wasn't Ray, he would laugh it off and throw an apology his way, but Zaavier couldn't be any more sure. Was it really Laika's brother?

5 Posts
Ooc — chesire
Stimulate something rocks, especially that one poking my ribs. Raynar thought and arches his back to adjust the rubble bedding. The male believed he had no life for he had no passions to fulfill. He must only find......Raynar's ears perked  to his name. "I can't see who's talking." He grumbled, staring at the sky
155 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Raynar -- or who he assumed to be Ray -- seemed to be in a bad mood, and a smirk formed across his handsome features. Zaavier padded over, all the way until her was looming over the top of the wolf, staring down his nose at the wolf. Sure enough, it was his cousin, and his long tail began to wag. A doggish smile formed and tongue lolled. "Hey Ray!" he exclaimed, pawing at his shoulder.

"What brings you to these parts? And what's the mood for?" he teased, stepping back and lowering his massive frame to the ground. Zaavier was taller than Raynar, but he was lankier. What Raynar lacked in height he got back in muscle. He was a very big boned wolf with a robust frame, very intimidating to the naked eye. However, Zaav remembered all the play fights he'd had with him, and the large man was not on big afraid of the brute before him.

5 Posts
Ooc — chesire
Avoiding the eye crusts and inner nose canals belonging to the zoomed up face, Raynar tucks his chin in. The miniature increased space did not stop the taller wolf from smiling and touching his shoulder. Too late to bat that paw as the wolf steps back, Raynar drops his scowl. "Zachery? No, Za-Zaaiver! Zaavier!!! I couldn't get your name for some reason, wow." Raynar jerks to his paws, slamming them to stand. He was ecstatic, "I'm in these parts for two adolscent wolves of my childhood or two adult wolves." He chuckles, his beaming golden eyes expecting Laika to be coming since those two had left their birth packs together. Raynar happily pokes then lightly bites his cousin on the foreleg, barely delivering a pinch.
155 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Zaavier laughed when he got his name wrong, batting his shoulder and releasing his grip on his cousin, rolling off to sit beside him. The immense brute smiled when his friend mentioned wanted to find two someones from his childhood, knowing exactly what he meant. He was looking for Zaavier! And... Laika. His cheerful expression faded. "S-she's dead." He uttered quietly, fighting back more tears. He glanced at Ray to gauge his reaction before returning his grief stricken eyes to his paws. 

Little did he know, what he thought was the reality, really wasn't, and Raynar could have caught a small whiff of his sister's scent to tell him otherwise.

5 Posts
Ooc — chesire
Raynar, chuckling lightly, flinched forward with each pat from Zaavier. His cousin was no pup despite his memories. They were grown and will have experiences that will make up for the lost time. The bush daisy eyes of the male wanted so badly to see Zaavier's snout move but not hear him speak of death. "No. If she was dead, you would be too. You were with her and should have stayed by her. She can't be dead" Everything he held in judgement was placed on Zaavier as he slowly took his words for the truth. Deeply shocked, his nose failed him of the whiff that any unrelated wolf would pick up in an instant.
155 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
"We were-.. We were together, and then a bear attacked. Got me good, and then.." He swallowed. He wasn't about to share the details. However, as he thought about it more, he realized that she may not be dead. The bear chased her away.. But she was tuff, right?

He stowed the hope away for later, nudging Raynar's shoulder to comfort him. "Sorry Ray," he muttered, "I failed." 

5 Posts
Ooc — chesire
"I failed in the beginning to set this catastrophe." Raynar stolen the burden from his cousin and leaned inwards to the nudge. "Do you den close by? I'm not feeling too good...." He trails off, his stomach tightening. He was done with family, it was gone for good.
155 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Saddened and guilty, the lanky brute gave but one nod. "I am forming a pack. I will take you to my home and you can stay to become a member of you want," he offered, standing shakily to his paws to set off. "Let's go."