Blackfoot Forest Bad decisions, that's alright
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Pack Activity 
Thought I would make a thread to recognize the changes made to the ranks. First round ends a week from now. @Amara @Sen @Minna @Leto @Lilith 

Liri had not thought she would ever find herself in a position to be Beta let alone to be an Alpha. Luckily, she had Sen and Amara to show her the ropes though she wasn't sure how Amara was holding up at the loss of her husband. The two had quite a bit in common, abandoned by their men and now leading the pack. They were in the same boat and she would look to Rosings's queen for advice.

Finding herself in the heart of the territory, Liri decided to call the pack so that they could address Aaron's departure and she could speak with them about the new change in leadership. She howled loudly, calling for all of those who belonged to the forest to assemble here.

Once gathered, she stepped up and began to speak to them. "As all of you know Aaron has left Rosings. Amara will remain on as an Alpha and I too have been promoted to co-Alpha. Sen, a former Alpha, has been made Beta and I will be looking to them both for advice. She is to be welcomed and respected as we are," she paused, glancing at the dark former Alpha briefly before turning her attention back to the crowd.

"I have never been an Alpha. I hope that I will do you well and make you all feel at home. Hopefully Rosings will come to be your family," Liri nodded, stepping back and glancing to Amara to see if she had anything to add.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

years of love have been forgotten; in the hatred of a minute.
110 Posts
Ooc — Allie
she had been unmoving, yet rose only by the call of liri who had been named leader by aaron, the one who had abandoned them. she never knew she could hate anyone, she had not even hated kierkegaard after all he had done because she could not bring herself to wish ill upon any soul, guilty or not. yet, in that moment, she hated aaron. amara hated aaron odolf. what had he brung her but disappointment and sadness, whisked her away from her blossoming life by his charm and persuasion to shove her into a corner only for a reign of disaster to fall upon him, for her to idly sit by and treat his wounds like she had been led to believe was her only job in life. to be his wife. nothing more, nothing less. and yet, he had turned the cards on her once more and left them in their time of need to chase after a girl who clearly did not give a care for him, after they had treated her with all they had to offer during the famine. yet, amara wished aaron would find his beloved sister, they were meant for each other, two leeches, two betrayers. it made her crimes look like nothing in her mind. and she could not bring herself to care. aaron had abandoned them, abandoned her when they needed him the most.

he was dead to her.

she sat, with what remained of their pack as liri spoke. family. they were no family anymore. family did not leave, family did not turn their backs on each other. they were simply a group. sen and liri would do well as leaders, for they sure were strong enough for the part. never had amara been told she her efforts were applaudible, never had she been looked at like she was worthy being called an alpha. she was only little, innocent amara, and yet, she was not even that anymore. she had nothing to say.
she turned her head away from the group. they did not need her, they had never needed her.
96 Posts
Ooc —
Leto roused himself from the den he now shared with @Minna, nudging his wife to her feet and gesturing her to come. He considered himself lucky not to be thrown from the pack, could hardly believe that he got Minna in the deal as well. 

Others love interests didn't seem to be going quite as smoothly as Leto's however. Samuel, his brother in law, had disappeared and Leto couldn't wait for him to come back so that he could give the coward a piece of his mind. His sister seemed to be holding up well but Amara was in worse shape. She didn't seem to be with them, her eyes were unfocused on a point in the distance and Leto could tell the Alpha no longer cared about what happened to the pack nor what Liri was saying.

Leto nodded to Liri's words, already having developed a sense of home here in Rosings and Liri was family. He could try to make the others, Sen and Lilith, more welcome so that they too felt comfortable here. That was all he could do to help.
Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same thing.
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
As she padded next to her mate to the meeting, she realised something odd. She and Leto were the only ones left. Lilith's scent had faded, she never had been reliable anyway. Many others had left, Aaron and Samuel among them. Minna's heart went out to Amara and Liri, the two alphas who mates had simply left them. She glanced at Leto, an odd feeling that she had no name for at the moment.

At the meeting, she sat beside her love, no longer hiding their feelings for each other. She leaned in the slightest against his larger form as she listened to Liri speak, hiding a grin. It was only she and Leto she truly addressed, perhaps Sen. And Rosings was already their family, and Liri would make an excellent Alpha, she reasoned.

Her gaze went to Amara, seeing what she had to add. But when the female simply turned her head aside, disregarding them, Minna's heart plummeted. Amara seemed...duller. Like the loss of Aaron had left her less, like her role in the pack no longer mattered. As she watched the woman, her eyes found the slight curve of her stomach, and a chilling thought occurred to her. Amara's heat had been about a month ago, hadn't it? She had scented it around the alpha's den. And now with Aaron gone...the possibility that occurred to her was shocking, but she remained silent.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
An uneasy feeling had crept into the woman's stomach, followed quickly by anger. Her daughter was gone, stolen away from her by some mongrel. She had tried to track them earlier, following the scents until there existed no longer a trail able to be followed. It was there that she'd lashed out, spewing curses at the sky and wondering to herself how she could have allowed for it to happen. It was unclear, and her questioning of it had only lasted for a short while before she'd needed to turn back and return to Rosings. Never had her pace quickened, though, the trek being dragged out whilst her mind traveled far from her body. Someday, she knew, she would find them. She would locate her daughter and the one that had taken her, she would kill the foolish male, and then she would return home with her family intact. When it would happen, she did not know, but she was certain that it would. In the meantime, however, it was the rounded stomach of Amara that had kept her from abandoning the forest in favour of her quest, an idea having developed during her time away.

By the time Sen had returned, a howl was heard calling for the entirety of the pack. In spite of her weariness from wandering around previously, she'd answered it with her presence, understanding that she needed to make for herself a tolerable appearance. She would not let herself be either shunned or cast from the pack entirely, for it was there that she'd eventually obtain a new generation of Gorgons. And so she'd remained throughout the whole speech, listening only partially as her true focus was elsewhere. When Liri had finished speaking, though, the woman had stood up and made her way over to Amara, offering her support. Even though she did so for purely selfish reasons, it still meant something, for Sen had acknowledged her as being important; it wasn't something that would mean anything there within the pack, but within the Gorgon family it'd be considered something of a miracle.
Notice: Sen's actions and words do not, in any way, reflect my OOC opinion.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
The only whom gathered in the crowd were her brother and sister in law, whom she sent grateful smiles to for their obvious encouragement. Leto looked stoic as ever but she could tell he wouldn't need much convincing to follow her, nor would Minna who looked pleased. 

Amara had shown, though it appeared that she wished to be anywhere but here. The brown female stared blankly into the treeline, not seeming to hear or notice any of what was going on around her. Sen too had shown, sitting near Amara to offer comfort to which Liri shook her head slightly, sadly. It didn't seem anything would help her.

Lilith had not shown, which she noted, and Liri wondered if she was in on the disappearance of Zephyr and Sen's daughter. 

"Please keep an eye out for Zepyhr Maverick and Chusi. One is a large black male with white markings and green eyes. The other is a young pup who looks like a mini-Sen. They have disappeared and while I would like to hope that this is merely a misguided field trip, I don't have high hopes," she informed grimly, a wrinkle of concern in her brow.

"That was all I wished to say, and unless anyone has any other subjects to bring up, you may return to whatever it is I disturbed you from," she smiled lightly, though it did not quite reach her eyes.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."