Sunbeam Lair that's a spicy meme
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
athenacantthinkofcleaverthreadnames.exe @Asterr ??

He carried himself through the woods swiftly, searching for the dark cheiftess. Her absence had made him worry greatly and he just needed the confidence of knowing she was there. Her scent had grown stronger for the past few days, which made him relieved to an extent. He didn't want her to leave his life too.

The male had yet to find out the reason of her departure. He knew nothing about going into heat. The things it could do to wolves and the outcome of it, nothing at all. Also, he had yet to find out of Ukko's existence.

Grey eyes scanned the area and his senses were alert. Leo stopped in his tracks, letting out a howl to see if Asterr would come to his call.
”the voices”
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Asterr had fallen back into her usual routine, wandering around the cavern and taking note of the various herbs. Many could be harvested and the storing process started, and so she'd begun doing so. Yet, she was careful. She knew not for certain if there was life growing within her womb, and so she'd avoided the plants that could bring harm to any potential children just in case. Though her journeying had been eventful, to say the least, she'd not encountered a single soul that had forced her to do anything against her will. If she were to bear a litter, then so be it; she would not have the blood of the innocent on her paws, especially when they were that of her own. She'd raise them as they should be, and offer to them the same love that her family had given her.

When a familiar voice was heard, she'd placed whatever herbs she'd been working with in a secure location immediately. Thereafter, she'd headed off in search of her dear friend—adopted son?—for it'd felt like ages had passed since they'd last been able to spend some quality time together. During her travels she had missed him terribly, and felt awful for having not sought out a moment alone with him any earlier.

The girl had slowed only a bit once she'd spotted him, an eager walk having quickly eaten up the space between them so that she'd been able to greet him. Out of habit, her nose had found its way to his shoulder before any words had been exchanged, a smile lighting up her features by the time she'd pulled back. "Leo, how have you been?" the dragoness asked, glancing over him a few times before returning her gaze to rest easy on his. "I am sorry for having left without telling you, as well as for having not searched for you after my return. There was something that I had needed to tend to." Rather, something that she had needed to wait out.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
His eyes lit up as he made out her familiar dark form coming towards him. Relief washed over him at that very moment. With the knowledge of knowing the cheiftess was around once more, the voices could cease to an extent.

Her touches were expected at this point. He copied her, touching her shoulder in a similar fashion before reeling back to face her. "I've been alright." Alright was a lie. Those demons had damaged him while she was away. Leo wanted to tell her, but kept his mouth shut, not wanting to worry her. It wasn't a big deal anymore. That's what he thought anyways. "Just a little worried." It was the best way to explain his true feelings.

The male didn't know what she meant by "something I needed to tend to." His head tilted, curious to know what it was. "What was it?"
”the voices”
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
There was relief upon feeling his touch to her shoulder, as well as by hearing his voice. She felt guilty for having left him, and even more so for having made him worry. A great length of time had past since they'd first met, back when she'd taken him in as her own and nursed him back to health. She could still remember what he'd looked like back then, the memory having never dimmed, serving always as a reminder to her of how strong he truly was. It was her job as his guardian and friend to ensure his life was a full one, as well as easy and worry-free; in regards to the latter, she'd felt herself to have failed, having been a cause of worry for him in her time abroad. "I apologize for causing you to worry," the girl had offered, her words sincere and overall tone gentle. "It was unfair of me to put you through that." And it was something that she'd be sure to never do again.

When he'd posed a question, she'd fallen silent, wondering to herself how she might answer. In all the time that they'd known one another, never had a lie slipped from her lips. Always had she been honest with him, and so she'd not act differently now. "The time for my heat had arrived—a period within the year that marks my opportunity to be blessed with children," Asterr had answered, starting with an explanation. "Jolon found me, and was unable to resist temptation." Her heart thrummed whilst thinking back, recalling the rush of adrenaline as she'd worked to get away. The words he'd spoken, the expression that he'd worn; she could not forget these things no matter how strong her desire to do so had been. "He had not succeeded in taking me for himself, but after that, I had left," her words trailed off towards the end, a shake of her head having soon followed suit. "Still, despite his actions, I should have called to you." Even if she'd not have hung around to actually see him, informing him of her departure ahead of time would have been manageable.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
Heat was something he had never heard of before. Never had he encountered a female going through it, so he could not understand the temptation from both sides.

The mention of children had sparked even more interest in him. "Children?" he barked, a obvious excitement in his tone. "Does this mean I'm getting new siblings?" The thought of it made him beyond happy. It meant another chance to be a brother. The male had that chance twice and it all went down the drain.
”the voices”
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Someday—and it would have to be soon, given his age—the girl would teach him all that he needed to know in regards to reproduction. How a female's heat worked, how it might make him feel, and, most of all, how he should act during such a time. For the manner in which Jolon had behaved should never be repeated, and especially not by her adopted son. All of the resources at her disposal would be used in order to ensure that Leo turned out well. That, even if temptation were to stare him right in the eye, he'd be able to turn away from it and act properly. It was her desire, and so she would will it to become a reality.

For the time being, she focused on the present, and on the excitement in his voice. A smile formed across her lips, taking joy in seeing him happy. "It is possible," was her response. "I do not yet know for sure if I am pregnant, but, if I am, I would like for you to be present when they are born." He had a right to be there, having been at her side since the very beginning. Never had the boy abandoned her, nor she him, and always had be remained within the tribe. Leo was her friend, her son, and the other end of one of the strongest bonds that she'd ever formed by herself. Should he wish to be there during the potential birth, she would allow him to.

Eventually, the girl had been made to settle for the answer of maybe. It wasn't what she'd wanted to hear, but was understandable, and so she'd nodded. For the next short while, she'd spent her time speaking with Leo and catching up with him, before having eventually let him head off to rest.