Larksong Grotto Creeping in my soul
51 Posts
Ooc — Eoran
She could see the impatience in his eyes when she stumbled on her words and she hated herself for it. Slate was in no way a weak person or struck by idiocy, but she had not spoken to another living being for very long. She should have prepared herself before his arrival or she could have risked getting shunned away. She had little to no idea that it was mostly the expression on her face that made matters worse, but not being properly socialized made this unknown territory. She simply didn’t know any better. She was not illiterate, she was properly raised, but it was new to her to express herself to others or even react and empathize to others.

This was going to be very painful for her and likely for the black one as well. ” Not instinct, You have been drawn here, yes -- but it has been the call of the Daystar that you follow.” She was not especially good at hiding her face or thoughts and she gave him a look – a look that very obviously had doubt, but even more so a question of whatever or not the man was right in the fucking brain. Her ears folded slightly backward and she shifted nervously with her shoulders. Maybe she – misunderstood? Did not know the meaning? Was this some sort of test or code for something? ”Don’t know what that is.” Honestly, she really didn’t.

"I am the Cardinal, Hiarm, And you?” This she could deal with though and the expression returned to a mild scowl (this was indeed a flaw of hers, sooner or later this cardinal would realize that the scowl was almost permanent of this one’s face). ”Slate – That would be my name. No fancy title, Mr. cardinal.” Hint of sarcasm spewed from her lips and she attempted to hold her tongue but that was not going well. She should not have said that should she? Nah – likely not. At this point she would find no one anywhere would she? Might as well say whatever now.

”Was it a joke? The eh star thing? It seems like a joke. I don’t get jokes.. I get – logic. The earth and how that works.” She stood a little silently and realized she might be able to salvage this recruit if she could turn things in her favor ”I’ve lived off the land my entire life. Plants, the earth, that I know of, this I am good at. Even if I screw up in talking to others. That I am not good at. I was once told I look like a bitch – and that’s okay. I will be a bitch if that means I won’t believe in anyone I meet or their fairytales. I believe in what I know.” And stand by what I know, she swished her tail lightly and lowered her head to take a look at this cardinal, her eyes narrowing in suspicion. ”So tell me what I should know Mr. cardinal – for so far I might believe you will gain more out of this arrangement than I.” Bold, dangerous words. She knew but did not hold it.
Messages In This Thread
Creeping in my soul - by Slate - August 05, 2016, 01:52 PM
RE: Creeping in my soul - by Reek - August 06, 2016, 01:05 PM
RE: Creeping in my soul - by Slate - August 06, 2016, 01:23 PM
RE: Creeping in my soul - by Reek - August 06, 2016, 01:37 PM
RE: Creeping in my soul - by Slate - August 06, 2016, 01:56 PM
RE: Creeping in my soul - by Reek - August 07, 2016, 05:07 PM