Broken Antler Fen Start of something good
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
All Welcome 
@Sebastian 

Aviana awoke early that morning, her intent to go and search the pack lands and figure out what herbs and plants it already had that she knew about. She knew a few here and there from her traveling days, ones that had helped her out when she got sick or injured. Those were the ones she was most focused on today.

She wandered, mostly aimlessly, though she kept track of where she had been. She came to a field full of flowers and sniffed around a bit, looking for one in particular. She remembered what it looked like, but hadn't found it yet.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was curious what his sister was doing. He knew that other members were also busy with their own things. Yet, knowing that his sister slept somewhere else, he didn't get to see her as regularly. The young male followed her scent and tracked her down. He saw her in a field with flowers and barked in greeting.

The male was pleased to see her. "Hi Avi!," he hummed. "What are you doing?," he curiously asked. It seemed that she was looking for something, and perhaps he could help her look for the things she needed.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
When the bark rang out, Aviana's body instantly stiffened, but she didn't lowered it to the ground, or run, as she normally would have. She was getting accustomed to the comings and goings of the other wolves here, and learning to trust that they weren't going to hurt her. She did, however, lower her body in respect to her brother, the one in which the bark had come from. 

Her tail wagged and she smiled, obviously happy to see him, as always. Hey, Seb! she greeted. Her tone had changed since their last big conversation. She was a little more easy going these days, and a little more relaxed. I'm looking for a flower! she said excitedly, her eyes going back to searching, though she didn't move away from her brother. It looks like... well, all of these, she admitted. But, the leaves are different. These are all daisies, and I'm looking for chamomile. Her gaze went back to him. Want to help me? she asked, hoping they could spend a little time together.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian's tail wagged playfully when the other greeted him with such excitement. The male definitely had seen more of a change and he was so happy for her. She looked more relaxed and even seemed to be doing things herself. "Hey! Of course I will help!," he let out with some excitement. The male stepped towards her with a grin. "You look great today," he complimented.

The tall grey male hummed happily and then looked around. "What do the leaves look like?," he asked curiously. "Is this a plant that will help me with being a medic?," he asked about the uses of this plant. Sebastian instantly put himself to work because he was more than happy to help her out, especially if it would help him with his medical trade. He was keen on being a doctor.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She smiled when he said he would help her look, and even more so when he complimented her. It had been a very long time since anyone had said that to her. Thanks, Seb,  she said softly in return. As the days went on, she got more and more comfortable here, and her old, friendly personality was beginning to show its way through the timid girl that had spend all that time alone.

She cocked her head to the side as she brought forth the memory of the plant. Well, they're not like regular plant leaves, where you can plainly see each one individually, she explained. They're kinda... feathery, I guess you could call it. It was the only way she could think to describe it. As they looked, he asked if they would help them. Maybe, she said tentatively. I used them when I couldn't control my anxiety. If someone is not majorly hurt, you might be able to give them that to calm down a little.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian nodded as he listened to her. He scanned over the flowers seeing the common leaves, but these needed to be feathery. "Alright. I will help you look," he instantly agreed and brought his eyes closer to through ground. His eyes scanning for the special leaves. Maybe they wouldn't grow with these kind, maybe they were somewhere else.

"Good to know. You seem more relaxed but if something happens I know what to give you,"he admitted with a smile. "I'm glad you are feeling more relaxed, Avi. I missed having you around for so long," he spoke. In truth she reminded him a bit of their mother. Though their mother was far bolder she did have that same kindness and sweetness that Aviana also had. "I think mom would be happy to see us together right now. Maybe Nathaniel is around too somewhere."
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Her tail wagged and she smiled as he agreed to help her look. She strolled through the followers, taking her time as she didn't want to miss the plant. She wasn't exactly sure if these plants and chamomile grew together, but figured she'd find out today. 

She smiled to him when he said she was doing better. She surely felt it. She wasn't put off by his worry that something would happen, either. Being alone for so long allowed to get to get know herself very well, and she did realize she had anxiety issues that could come and go without notice. I'll get a stash started, too, so you'll know where to find them quickly, she said. I missed you, too, Seb. I didn't realize how much until I seen you. She thought she was going to live alone forever. But, coming to live with Seb had been her saving grace. She had new hope for the new life she had already started here. She had good thoughts of her mother, and had often thought about what it would be like to go back and see her. Knowing now that she had passed made her sad, but she agreed with her brother. I think she would, too. Her ears perked up at the mention of Nathaniel. Have you seen him? Aviana had assumed he was back home.

A plant caught her eye, and her tail wagged. Here's the chamomile! she said, gesturing Seb over to see it. See? Leaves kinda like feathers, she said with a grin. It's flowers were white with a yellow middle, but it was the leaves that made it stand out among the others.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian could only nod in agreement. The young male liked to have a stash of plants. Perhaps these daisies were good for something else too? He wasn't sure. "Do Daisies have a good effect on a wolf? Or are they useless?," he asked curiously. Maybe then they could have a stash for that too if it had any use.

Sebastian shook his head. "I have not. I just left after I -- Well after I killed Darius. I am not sure if he stayed around or went his own way. Maybe he is an alpha too now! If I can do it he probably could do it too," he spoke. He was not sure what to expect from his brother. It had been rather traumatic for all of them, or at least affected them in a different way. As seen with his sister who had left before all of that happened.

Sebastian looked up and trotted towards her. "Great! Yes I see now! Awesome," he spoke and remembered the shape. He sniffed it too before getting to work. He started to spot them quite quickly and started to pull them out and gather them in a small pile. He was not sure how many his sister wanted to gather.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She had to think for a moment about his question regarding the daisies. I think I remember using it once when my stomach was upset. I hadn't eaten for a couple of days, and it seemed like I didn't have an appetite at all... So, I mushed some up with some water in a skull head and drank it. Either it worked, or my appetite happened to come back shortly after that.  She hadn't needed it since, so didn't experiment with it any more than that.

Her face fell a little when he admitted that he hadn't seen their brother. Her ears flattened at the sound of her Uncle's name and she couldn't stop the shiver than ran through her body. Please don't say his name, she asked softly. It wasn't so much that she hated hearing it as she hated the reaction her body gave to it. It still sent fear through her body, even with the knowledge that he wasn't even alive any more.

I hope so, she said. You say that as if you didn't think you could, she added. Seb seemed like a very good Alpha, and Aviana had decided that it suited him well. He wasn't overbearing, and he didn't act like a dictator. He was kind to his pack, and she was proud of him for that. I'm proud of what you've accomplished here, she said aloud. 
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
It was interesting to hear that these daisies might have some effect too. Sebastian decided to take some with him, in another pile next to the chamomile. Just so he could test her theory of someone with a lack of appetite. Curious. "I will try and test that theory. I can see that if two kinds were alike they might both have healing abilities," he spoke to her.

Once they talked about their past he made the mistake to mention his name. He had not such a negativity towards the name but he could imagine that Aviana had. "I am sorry," he spoke with an genuinely apologetic tone. He had not been thinking.

Sebastian started to grab some more chamomile when Aviana spoke again. "Well I am a man, I do better with visuals instead of a verbal direction," he laughed. Then she continued, which made him smile widely. "Thank you , that means a lot coming from you. I hope that these lands will grow and it will house nice wolves."
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
As Seb picked plants and made his pile, Aviana did, too. She paused when her brother said that he would experiment with her Daisy theory. Experiment? She hadn't thought of that. That's a good idea, she said. Let me know how it turns out. She wasn't sure when a wolf might come out who had lost its appetite, but she hoped someone would soon. 

She gave him a soft smile when he apologized, instantly forgiving him. She knew that name had a different affect on her than it did him; after all, he was the one who had killed their Uncle. If Aviana had gotten to see the lifeless body, maybe she would feel differently, stronger.

She giggled at his man comment, though realized she had next to know experience when it came to males. It didn't bother her as it might some, mostly because it just didn't interest her at the moment. She was so timid around them that it was hard to imagine anything more than a conversation. She paused again in her pickings to look at him. I does house nice wolves. If I can see that, everyone else can, too. For she was the one who always thought the worst in others, and feared their bad intentions. Coming here let her see that it simply wasn't that way.

Do you have a herb den? I think I might make one of my own, she said, picking up her stash of chamomile and daisies. She trotted over to him and set them down. Do you have anything in particular you want me to look for next? she asked, unsure if he had a need for something immediately.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian nodded. However he would need to wait until one of his wolves would have some symptoms of it. He would have to store it somewhere. He did not have a storage point just yet. The male quirked up his lips. "I will try," he admitted.

Aviana accepted his apology, which he was glad for. Then she also made another compliment. Sebastian was just almost flustered with his sister believing in him and just being so great. "I'm glad you believe in me," he spoke. "It is great to have you around."

The male knew he didn't have a herb den. "I have not. If you could find one that would be great," he admitted. The male thought about what she had to look at. "Perhaps Goldenrod? It is good for wounds and infections."
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She looked up from her pile to give him a soft smile. I'm glad you're around, too, she said softly. If he had remained at their home pack, she would have never seen him again, since she never had the intention of going back. It was funny the way that things turned out sometimes. One bad thing seemed to turn into a blessing.

Her expression changed to thoughtful as she thought about the plant he asked for. What does it look like? She wasn't sure of the names of some of the plants she came across, but if he described it, maybe she might know. She hadn't really gotten many injuries, though, and no infections, so it was entirely possible she had never used it before.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian smiled at her and then started to think how to describe how a goldenrod looks like. "It is a yellow flower, that smells... hmm," he spoke, thinking about it. "Perhaps I have some laying around in my den. I could have a look. But it is a yellow flower. Plumes of yellow actually,"he pointed out. "Very large."

Perhaps she would find a few and could return to him to show if the ones she found were the right one. Sebastian couldn't remember if he still had some at his den, he wasn't sure. He used it for Brandy's gash in her leg.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She tilted her head to the side as he tried to explain the flower. Big, and yellow. She gave him a look that said that wasn't very helpful, but it turned into a teasing grin quickly. I'll see if I come across something like that, she said, committing the flower to memory. 

She picked up her stash and began to make her way towards somewhere, but then stopped, remembering she didn't even have a den here. Normally, she figured most wolves would make a new den next to their sleeping one for the herbs. She supposed it was time to make herself a permanent sleeping den. Turning, she headed towards the communal sleeping area, intent on at least making an herb den today. She assumed Sebastian would follow her.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian chuckled when seeing her grin so teasingly. It was really fun to see her smile and joke like that. He grabbed his own pile of flowers which were actually two piles but he would sort that out later and then followed Aviana. It seemed like she was going to the cove. He walked next to her, not much talking could be done until they were at the cove.

Sebastian eventually broke out in a trot and continued further into the forest until they reached the familiar clearing. He placed the herbs on the tree stump like placing it on a table. "So would you like the herb den here?"
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
They arrived at the dens, and Seb asked if that's where she wanted it. Her gaze scanned the area before returning to him a few moments later. Her head bobbed up and down. Yes, I think this is a good spot, she concluded. She chose specifically, and then began to dig. She figured since she wasn't sleeping in this one, it wouldn't have to be as deep. Just enough to store her plants. 

Once she was finished digging, she picked up her stash and placed them in the shallow hole. She then placed the dirt back over, but didn't pat it firm. It would be easier later on to dig it back up. Happy with her work, she turned a smiling face to her brother. Do you want some help with yours? she asked.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian nodded in agreement when Aviana showed the place for the den. He wanted to help digging but it did seem a one wolf kind of job. He watched her digging and deemed it deep enough. He grabbed his pile of flowers and herbs and then placed it inside next to hers, but a little distance between them seeing that they were different.

The male then let her cover it up. "I think we are good,"he spoke with a smile. "Thank you for showing me. I learned a lot of new things," he grinned. He was going to take a bit of a break and cool of in one of the fens. "Want to go for a cooling swim?,"he asked then.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Seb placed his stash with hers, too, and Aviana wagged her tail. She hadn't thought of putting them together, but it did make sense to keep them all in one place in case someone needed them. Aviana would check it often to see if any needed to be replenished, too.

She thought a moment after he asked if she wanted to go with him for a swim. Not this time, I think, she said. She wanted to keep looking around the area for more herbs, and hoped he understood. I'll catch up with you later, she added, before turning to go.