Overture Downs That tastes like coconut... and metal!
A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
All Welcome 
Its endless. This is pointless. His thoughts swirl between the ideas of what Octavia had done and where she was to what seemed like the fruitless chase of Pippin and to the now missing Mordecai and Larkspur. He spent his nights with Tambourine and Banner, Rhodes nearby, because that was the only thing that felt safe to him. Safe had become this obsessive point, alternating between the haven it should have been and the prison that it was becoming. Octavia was obsessed with it. She couldn't function without considering the safety. 

Stark sighed softly as he crested a small hill, looking towards the lands in the distance - the Hollow. Where Mordecai's family had stayed. From far off he could imagine it as they probably had, vibrant, alive. Beautiful. Now it seemed to just start to come back to it's former glory, but still, the grounds seemed disrupted and it wasn't the paradise it once had been. 

Beneath the midday sun the dark male stopped, his blue eyes peering through the lands - hoping for something. Anything. Some little miracle of hope.
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
[Image: gamekeeper.gif] 3/5
Well, it's me, and I'm here, so get over it and move on!
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
hope I can join in :)

Rhodes had follow his friend silently, just slightly behind the man. He was so preoccupied these days, it saddened Rhodey to see his friend so upset. He had been watching for a few days now, his friend's smile was gone and the bounce in his step seemed smaller. Stark wasn't the same Stark Rhodes remembered. Rhodes could only hope they found the pup soon, maybe that would help. For now though, he would try to help, in any way he could think of.

Rhodes bound up the hill, coming to stand beside his friend. "Where are we?" He asked a curious smile on his face as he looked out at the expanse bellow them, Rhodes new very little of the Teekon Wilds. He only knew the coast and of course the Marauder's Keep pack lands. This was a whole new situation for Rhodes, and he was excited to explore, but he knew this wasn't a vacation and remained vigilant at all times.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
Counselor {I II III IV V/5}Scout {I II III IV V/5}
Feel free to tag Rhodes whenever.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
always <3 

Stark didn't mind Rhodey's company - he 
welcomed it even. Briefly he pressed his shoulder against his friends and followed the males gaze over the lands for a moment. "Something like Overture Downs, I think." Though he was the more seasoned Scout of the pack - next to Octavia, if she counted, Stark still hadn't been everywhere and he was learning about the Wilds as he went. Still, he hadn't encountered a single unfriendly pack - save for the grotto but that was a particular reason. 

Stark looked over at Rhodey, moving slowly and trying to keep his eyes peeled. "How long should I wait, y'think, before I claim the pack?" it was said as casually as he could - something utterly Stark in the way he spoke. He wouldn't make it a huge deal. It was take it or leave it to the wolves of the keep. 
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Great!!!!! I love bromance bonding time :) Besides we need to have the best bromance on Wolf! 

Rhodes nodded his head excepting the lable for the particular land they gazed upon, Overture Downs. He filed the name away on his mental map of the Teekon Wilds. He had travelled along the Shimmering Sands, and up through Ravenshook Cliffs, following the water to Stavangers Bay and the Sea Lion Shores. Eventually making his way to Blackbeak Bluff and further into the Raven's Watch where he had found his friend Stark. Rhodey had no idea what these places were called only that he had travelled along the beach. Now he was adding to his mental map, and hoped that one day he would fill it all in, having visited every pack and territory. Perhaps one day we would have to ask for permission to expand the pack knowledge of the surrounding lands and packs.

He was surprised however when his friends next topic came up, claim the pack. He momentarily at a lose for words for a moment, the question to sudden. "Well.... ummm..." He took a moment to gather his thoughts on the matter. He took a breath and looked at his friend, clearing his throat he continued with more conviction that before, "I don't know Octavia or Harlyn very well, I haven't had much contact with them in the last month since I joined. However I do know you Stark, when you feel ready and you think the pack is ready, and I have faith that you will know when that is. I doubt you will find much resistance to your advancement, and if you do, well.... it's nothing you, Banner and myself can't handle." He smiled sligthly, "I haven't seen Octavia or Harlyn since I join, you are who everyone has been turning to Stark. I think you could take over when you feel ready." Rhodey shrugged, he knew that Stark would become Alpha of a pack someday, and Rhodes was just glad that he could see it happen. Rhodes smiled at Stark and gave him a nod, "By the way...." He nudged the male, "I think you're ready." It was sincere, Rhodes was never able to lie to Stark.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Pfft we already do! 

Stark trusted Rhodey like he did Banner. His words came to Stark with a level of strength that he wouldn't question. "It's less about me, I think. Harlyn has enough to focus on trying to heal and then Pippin being missing - but... I don't know. Octavia running off..." Stark sighed and shook his head, blue eyes on Rhodes. "I know that others have been there longer but they haven't stepped up, and I'm not letting anyone else I won't trust step in."   

He peered through the Downs again, glancing at Rhodes for a moment. "What are your goals in the pack? I mean, not just because we're back together kind of thing - what are you hoping to do?" Stark was curious, he had ideas about acquiring a full set of specialties for the pack. They needed a proper healer, despite the way Trick and Grace both promised their skills neither had seemed to help out with Harlyn. They needed a botanist, perhaps, with all the foliage in the lands. There was a lot of work to do and it could only start from the inside sect. 
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
  I mean obviously....

Rhodey nodded, he knew at heart his friend was noble and protective, so he understood where Stark was coming from. "Then I would do it sooner rather than later." He shrugged he couldn't see any reason why Stark shouldn't take over as Alpha.

As he looked down at the adventure to come he thought silently about what Stark had asked him. He knew that he had already completed his goal of finding Stark, now though, he had to think of what he wanted above that. What he wanted for himself. "I want..." He thought for another moment, "I want to advance my skills Stark, scouting and mercenary are my main focus at the moment. I've been thinking a lot about my future recently, I've got my eyes on higher ranks as well. However I need to earn my way up, which I respect." Rhodes spoke from his heart, and sighed quietly, "Although my biggest goal Stark. I want a family." He spoke quietly, "Something I haven't had since my father and sister passed. I miss the feeling of family Stark, so much." Rhodes looked to his paws, sadness seeping into his expression.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Stark nodded at Rhodey's words, watching his friend as he considered what he was wanting from the pack and his life there. Rhodey always had goals, always was a strong sense of right and wrong that Stark leaned on. The more quiet response at the end surprised him, and yet, really, did it? He smiled gently, blue eyes fixed on Rhodes' for a moment. "A family, yeah?" He could see Rhodey as a father - a good one. "You....you know that you're welcome around Tam, right?" He asked, his voice much quieter for a moment. "I've kinda fallen into Dad mode. He's not mine - but he is and that makes you and Banner his Uncle and Aunt, in a way." 

He was quiet as he waited to see Rhodey's response to that, wondering what his friend thought about that. Stark worried sometimes, frequently actually, that this was too much too soon and he'd fail everyone by trying to do so much. What if he couldn't keep it together and everything fell apart because of him? 
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
!!!! SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT!!!!!!!!!

"Uncle Rhodey!" Rhodes laughed, "I could get used to that, and besides Lenena never complained about my antics." He smiled thinking of Lenena, his niece. When they returned Rhodes would make sure to take the time to find his new 'nephew'. Give Stark a hand with the boy. He had talked of having a family, and now it was time to put it to the test. "Just be warned! I might be here to clean up after you," He said jokingly, "But with Tam, it's going to be a different story! Maybe you'll have to clean up after the two of us." Rhodes smiled brightly, "Seriously though. This kid is lucky to have you." He looked at his long time friend, "I hope you realize that."
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Stark grinned at the mention of Rhodey's niece, thinking fondly of her. "God, she'll be old enough to have kids of her own soon enough." Which was bewildering. It wasn't exactly bad, as neither of the males were that old but still - still time marched on no matter how they might have willed it to slow down. Stark bumped his shoulder against Rhodey's and gave him a fond smile. "He couldn't have picked a better pack." Stark murmured with a little nod. "He's got us to teach him - and Banner too, and with any luck his Mom will come home and we can get her back on the mend." 

Because whoever had screamed at him and then run off - that wasn't Octavia. It wasn't who he'd grown to know. "So we open up our little scouting mission to the missing Keep members and any cute little thing that catches your eye." He teased, trying to keep them both off edge. It just felt better that way than trying and failing to either entirely remove their thoughts of ro focus on one thing. It was more natural for them. 
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
"Oh lord! Don't make me think about that, she will always be my little niece! No one can touch her." He laughed out loud, while he was truly protective of her. Really there was nothing he could do to make sure she found the right mate, one that would treat her with the respect she deserved. One that would make her happy. "Lenena deserves the best, just like her mother did." Rhodes sighed slightly. One day he would come to terms with everything that had lead up to his life here in the Keep. One day, but not this day.

Rhodes just nodded, indeed Tam was lucky, especially to have such a good guardian as Stark was. Who knew that Stark would become a father. Rhodey knew he always had it in him, Stark was.... well he was Stark. The best man he knew and this pup was truely lucky to have Stark on his side.

"Looking for Pippin is the most important issue right now." He looked at Stark, Rhodes wasn't to focused on his love life right now, it just wasn't as important as everything else happening right now. One day he would full fill his dream.

"So Stark, where we headed?" Stark always had a plan, especially when the stakes were this high. It was time to move on to the reason they were out here in the first place. The sooner that set out looking, the sooner they would get home.
Sorry again for the long wait.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
ooooh does Stark have lots to tell Rhodey <3

"We both know she won't put up with anything less." Stark offered with a gentle smile, looking over at Rhodey. He could understand the emotions welling up in the male - hell, it was like his own family too after all. Stark hoped that maybe at some point Rhodey might get some more peace about everything but it was hard. It wasn't as easy to handle everything and it would take time. 

"So the Ostregas came from a pack called Lost Creek Hollow." Stark began. "Before they came to the Keep there was a horrible storm that tore up the packlands. It wasn't livable anymore. His dad thought maybe he might sneak off that way." Stark was speculating, truly, and he was hoping that maybe one of the directions they were all going in might pay off.