Cedar Sweep fire to gasoline
14 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
All Welcome 
Morning light, with the shimmer of the sun’s ray through the dancing branches awoke her. Upon her face a light flickered among the dark surroundings. The tall regal cedar trees stood like tall pillars around here. Here she felt peaceful among the silence and solitude, not wanting or needing anything. Although it was a dark and shadow-like place with the trees blocking off much of the sunlight during this early morning she knew nothing could harm her here. She was like the fire that met the gasoline.

In the distance squirrels quibbled out loud, one chasing the other as if life was just a simple game of tag. Lazily Digit watched the playfulness of the small creatures. She could have looked at it for hours. In reality it turned out to be more like minutes. Her stomach rumbled and ‘hunger’ was knocking on her door. No way – she muttered crisply, breaking off the early morning silence. This meant an end to her eternal laziness, time to get up and do something. Instead, however, she yawned slowly, exposing her teeth to the world. This was her answer to her hunger. Maybe next time, or maybe not. Would the squirrels enjoy a game of tag with her?
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
With Alder's dissapearance, Aspen had little other options than to premote Shalon. She deserved it, of course, and with the realization that she was pregnant came the knowledge that she would need help. Her husband would be back though, he wouldn't just up and leave her. Something must be holding him out there.... Aspen just hoped it wasn't another affair. 
This morning, rising early, she'd decided to take advantage of her more early stages of pregnancy and do a patrol. She could feel the changes: the fur on her belly began to thin below the slight buldging of her abdomen, the stirrings of tiny bodies, and always the fragile fluxation of her emotions.
Stretching from her lonely tunnel, the graceful Queen strode into the pale morning light and started to start near the cedar border. The scent of a stranger made her curious, and perhaps it was the Courts low numbers that spurred her slim paws forward through the cool Autumn air. It wasn't long before she saw another figure, and the mother to be gave a friendly, but wary, chuff of greeting.
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
14 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Being lazy actually felt very good, it was oh so tempting to close the eyes and simply drift asleep yet again. For an hour, maybe two. However her longing thoughts were interrupted by the scent of a stranger; something, or rather someone, was drawing near. Digit had to seal her lips while fighting off the urge to growl out loud. If she could pretend to be a monster maybe it would scare the other off and she could enjoy her nap. Peaceful, quiet and alone.

Surprise, surprise. Well, that was quite unexpected, a regal Queen with a coat of silk white appeared into neutral grounds. The leader female smelled strongly of a pack. But even more notable was the silhouette of life and rebirth; she was expecting puppies. It was quite unlike Digit had ever seen before, a Queen wolf leaving the safety of her castle and instead, escaping from her guards, the jester and the joker, to move off on her own. Luckily Digit was no enemy and not out there to harm another – especially not one so precious as a mother to be. ”H-hey!” Digit chuffed, a little questioning. ”What brings you here?”
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
The slender, multicolored woman seemed surprised to see Aspen, and though she was polite the Queen wasn't hesitant to show her royal title in the highness of her tail and head, the forward cupping of her ears and her tall stance. Shee had more of a reason to be here than this stranger, so close to her borders, but luckily today the white woman felt much more relaxed than she had in the last week. Her answering tone, while laced with a sharpness that requested respect, was soft and curious. While this wasnt close enough to be too close, it was enough of a reason for the wary mother to check out.
                 "The scent of a stranger so close to my borders. Im Aspen, Queen of the Golden Glade behind me." 
The Pryor drew close enough that they could hear each other without raised voices, but it was clear she wasn't entirely sure that Digit was no danger.
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
14 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Digit did not respond with submission when the Queen showed her proper, leader-like stance by raising head and tail. To the yearling showing submission to a leader was one thing; but earning respect (both ways) was entirely different. By her own (stubborn) judgment she was far enough from the borders and she had no intention to trespass or come any closer. Thus Digit was – and remained – neutral at best.

”I’m ..” ”Bandit” she wanted to say but instead held back her tongue and added. ”Digit. I’m Digit Imperri-D’Erom.” And just because the regal Queen was with a child, the yearling added; ”Is there any way I can bring your mind at ease?” Because if she was too close for comfort she wouldn’t mind packing her bags and leave.
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
While the girl-Digit, she called herself- did not show submission, there was no fault Aspen could find in the lack of it. As were both their thoughts, nobody expected submission, and nobody gave it. Her rank might have been flaunted as she pleased, but that didn't mean she was going to be totally crazy about it. The strangers offer was appeasing, and after a slight moment the Queen gave a kinder responce. 
                "Just don't come closer, and there won't be any problems.... Unless you had a thought to join us?"
While the white wolf didn't expect Digit to come, she hoped that this conversation would not prove fruitless. The Court needed help, loyalty, and it was a waste of Aspen's time to be out here for anything else. What use was a friend outside of her home, after all?
14 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Being invited into a pack several minutes after meeting the leader; even if technically they weren’t on the borders (only nearby) was something that left the Mexican female speechless for a few minutes. Her tongue was tied, frozen solid, she couldn’t speak. Was this even real? Aspen appeared to be genuine and kind, trusting and warm. But Digit’s experience with the world was a different one, nothing came for free; and this was also the first time she had left a shattering impression that she was offered a home. Most of the times it meant grovelling or being thrown out in the flash of an eye.

”T-thanks.” She said hesitantly, feeling stupefied. She trembled slightly. ”What can you tell me about your home?” Digit wasn’t the sort of wolf who would jump into any offer; in case there was something slippery underneath that offer. Besides, the yearling wasn’t the best example of being a good pack mate.
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
It was clear that Aspen was the one doing the surprising today, and again she understood why. Being invited to the pack without a question was a big thing, and if she were to take interest the Queen planned to talk to her a bit more first. For now, she wanted to know about it. 
            "Theres a lot I can't tell you, I'm sure you understand. But what I can tell you is that everyone welcomed within our borders lives like royalty. We have different levels of members too. The Outer Circle is for newer members, called Gentry wolves, and when you prove yourself loyal and get into the Inner Crcle, we give you a more unique rank. Inner Circle wolves sleep in our community space, but I can assure you that everyone is treated with the respect they deserve, and we are very familial, but proud." 
She spoke with pride about her home, the one she and Alder had created together as much as they'd created the little paws that were now prodding around in her belly. How could things so tiny be so very uncomfortable? Ignoring it for but a flick of her grey ear, Aspen went on to gently question the possible newcomer. 
                              "Of course, I have to ask about you, too. Were you born a lone wolf, or do you know the ways of a pack? We are unique, yes, but ranks are still ranks and everyone is expected to act accordingly. Not that we would reject you, our Duchess had never been in a pack before when she joined us, and now she's a Beta." 
14 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Digit listened carefully when Aspen, the Queen, spoke with a fierce pride of her pack. The young yearling nodded in understanding when the leader-wolf said that not every snippet of information could be shared with just about anyone. And thus, that meant her, the straggler or lone wanderer around these parts. However, what the white wolf said next was even more so very interesting; there was an Outer Circle and an Inner Circle. Thus, you’d have to proof your value and worth to the pack, by defending the lands, taking care of the (soon-to-be) puppies or bringing home food. ”That sounds good!” Digit said honestly, then added. ”I have to think about your offer. How do you proof yourself to be loyal?” Perhaps they even had a newbie test? Did you have to stick around for a long time? Or did you have to pitch in with great deeds?

However, with giving the information also came a need to return. Slowly the roles shifted from two neutral wolves to a leader and a potential (?) subordinate. Digit wasn’t sure if she liked to adopt that role just yet. ”I’ve been in a pack before. It’s called Sterenvuur. It was a nice, tight-knit pack existing mostly of many generations of family. However, then the wanderlust took over.” It wasn’t the most interesting story, or the most exciting one but Digit has seen and done a lot during her adventures of being a lone wolf.
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
The younger girl seemed to understand fully well, but what was even better was that she seemed excited. There hadn't been a new recruit in a little while. They'd never been a big pack, but they were new and Aspen had a lot of hope. A grin lit up her face at Digit's response, and the question brought a pleased wave of her tail. Questions meant interest, and that she was paying attention! Sitting down with the smallest of grunts, Aspen set to explaining-the hesitance in Digit was clear, but maybe providing more information would comfort her. 
            "I wouldn't presure you to join- we want fully loyal members that become part of our family, not just subordinates. The easiest way is earning a trade, being here and proving you want to be here, but anything that really shows you'd put the pack and those within it in as high reguards as yourself: our first member, she attacked a bear, and the rest of us only just got there in time to help her out. Ayla was willing to give her life for us." 
In return for her own information, Digit gave some from her past. She'd been in a pack before, so that meant she knew how ranks in general worked. Wanderlust was brought up, but that was something Aspen understood. Alder, too: he'd only been in two packs his entire life, including the one they now ran. All his life had been travel-hell, he was gone now!
                            "I understand wanderlust, but my King, Alder, would understand even better. Perhaps becoming a Scout would suit you. That doesn't hinder your ability to be a good packmate."
14 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Here she was, slowly feeling an invisible wrap around her destiny; she was offered a home by a Queen with a big heart. She was offered a life, as a scout, at a new kingdom. A second chance, a way to start over, all again. It didn’t sound bad at all, in fact it sounded almost too good to be true. Digit trusted Aspen, she knew that her offer was forged out of honest and smitten with genuinely. However such an offer was far away from the adventures she had envisioned as a yearling. It sounded safe and good, but she sought to be carefree and bad, walking upon the borders of legal and illegal acts.

”I-I’ll keep it in mind.” The yearling said, hesitant and doubtful; not wanting to turn down the offer or accept it just yet. Any good soul would immediately accept, after all, it would increase the chance of survival and being in a tight-knit, drama-free pack was like a wolf heaven. But somehow she couldn’t, her wanderlust stopped her and so did her thirst for adventure. Digit sighed softly, warm bright eyes almost shone with disappointment, afraid to discourage the Royal Fire Court Queen. Even the name had something regal to it.

”I can’t – for now. However I still take it into consideration; I’m touched by your kindness.” Digit said, then added pensively. ”I’m sure you don’t offer your home, your pack, to just about anyone. Why bestow that kindness upon me? Giving me such a chance and opportunity?”
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspens tail twitched beside her as the wolf explained that she could not join them. Aspen couldn't help the slight disappointment she felt, she had had high hopes for digit but it seems the wanderlust was still thriving in the fae and Aspen accepted that some wolves were like that. 

The fae questioned why Aspen had offered a place to the wolf anyway stating she was sure that they didn't just offer a home to anyone.  "I offered you a place in our ranks because I can tell you could be a Wolf worthy of our trust and I do not doubt your loyalty should you ever join a pack. I also believe that every wolf deserves a chance, having been given a few of my own," she said pausing for a moment to reflect briefly on her past before continuing. "Though I do not hold your decision against you and should you need or decide you want a home, be sure to keep us in mind. For now though, I bid you safe travels," Aspen said smile warm and she dipped her head slightly knowing this meeting would be coming to an end shortly. Perhaps this wolf would come back. Someday.