The Sentinels The Passionate Shepherd to His Love
the man in the moon
43 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
A mottled wolf, carrying with him a soul that was twice the age of his body, ambled in uncertain steps towards the buffeting line of scents that marginalized the home of a healthy pack. Had the time of year been different— or maybe if Flaris preferred hisself to the company of others— he might've continued to float within the Wilds on his own, but as things were, he needed the support. And craved it, where he didn't need it. The forest, cool and bathed by the white glow of a low-bearing moon, had drawn him in at a distance, and as this was the first pack he had come across since departing Bergamont, he couldn't imagine that this was anything other than Fate.

Still, he was cautious. The gentleman in him bade him to call for an audience, but if the pack had turned in for the night, he was not keen on disturbing them. Instead of running the risk, Flaris decided to hang back and wait for a passing patrol, or until a more decent hour had arrived. He was hungry but not starved, nor was he desperate for shelter, so it was easy enough for him to find a spot about twenty yards from the border, where he could curl up in wait for as long as it took.
hiodrainsia
raised up from perdition
73 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
No matter if Winchester got better or not Castiel still had work to do. Though the chocolate male was loathe to actually leave the dark man's side he still had work to do and that included frequently running the borders. On his return trips he usually brought back something - occasionally bringing back food, other times he brought back some oddity that he found. Today he left the male's side and for the evening to make another patrol before he retired for the night. 

He liked the late night patrols, he liked to explore while others might have been sleeping. It meant that he owned the hours himself, that they became nothing but his and he could take his time and move as leisurely as he pleased. He caught a scent maybe halfway around the borders and went to investigate, giving a low chuff as he did so. 
contact me for plotting - want to be the demon to this angel? [Image: warrior.gif] 4/5
the man in the moon
43 Posts
Ooc —
Through half-lidded eyes Flaris watched the night pass. The owls and crickets kept him company with their overlapping symphonies, but he was listening for something more substantial than the simple melody of background ambiance. Fortunately, only about an hour had passed before the sound of footfall reached him, and slowly he began to unfurl himself as he perked up towards the indication of an approaching wolf.

Pulling his legs from beneath his body, he set them in a way that would allow him to get on his feet in one swift motion, but he refrained from standing at first so that he might remain as unassuming as possible to his audience. His ears twitched lightly, finding that the closer the movements came, the heavier they sounded. But before he could change his mind and get to his feet, an airy chuff drew his sangrian gaze directly unto the towering build of a packwolf. Quietly, Flaris returned the noise, opening up his prone and lying position for investigation.

He watched in wary coolness as the male drew closer, silently pulling back his ears out of respect for the broad stranger's presence there. He didn't make to stand up, or make any movement at all except to avert his eyes; imagining that it would be most polite for him to be examined and spoken to before speaking himself.
hiodrainsia
raised up from perdition
73 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
For the male it was frequent to come upon those who were respectful; these exchanges were far more enjoyable to Castiel though from time to time he could not deny the thrill of the scrap and the scuffle. With the memories of war still so fresh in his head he was happier to not need to struggle and fight with anyone and the wolf before him was being proper to him anyways. Castiel stopped with a few paces away, builty frame watching the male closely. "Good evening," He rumbled, gravely voice pitched low. "What were you doing out here?" Sleeping - perhaps, or resting, but Castiel was more interested in the intentions of the stranger. 

His blue eyes drifted across the male's form, noting his respectful posture with a pleased hum. "Relax, if you would like." Unlike the female who had called herself a warrior while being mortally wounded (at least Castiel assumed so) this male was polite. He did not feel the need to use force or demand extended respect from him.
contact me for plotting - want to be the demon to this angel? [Image: warrior.gif] 4/5
the man in the moon
43 Posts
Ooc —
Upon closer inspection— or rather, according to the fleeting glances he allowed himself to pass up towards the towering sentinel— he noticed the male was a heavy brown, instead of the black he appeared at a distance. His eyes, too, were a kind sort of blue set into a face that could only be described as roguishly noble. The august swain wagged his tail in soundless thumps against his hind leg, offering the guard a sheepish smile before answering. "I was hoping to find company," he mused; "but I thought I might wait until the morn to disturb your borders." His voice was quiet and just as low, but it lacked a natural rasp, or one of misuse, unlike his present companion. 

At the invitation to relaxed, Flaris' tail begin a swifter pace, now making an audible sound as it swooshed. His shoulders lost all tension he had unintentionally set there, and he could feel his spine ease comfortably out of its rigid bracing. "My name is Flaris," he introduced kindly. "I seek a place to call my home."
hiodrainsia
raised up from perdition
73 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
His ears shifted to curve towards the male, listening intently. He hadn't wanted to disturb anyone during the night. Fair enough. He wasn't trying to be too sneaky nor was he wanting to set the pack on edge. A ghost of a smile grew on his face and Castiel nodded, listening to his name and retaining it. Flaris. It wasn't one he'd heard before but then, everyone in Poughkeepsie had an unusual name. "Castiel," He offered evenly. He rarely had anyone who he considered close enough to call him Cas - Winchester might, but, it would depend on how the male felt.

"Donnelaith is the pack you have come upon, a place respectful to it's wolves and their passions." He explained. "And what, Flaris, are yours?" He asked curiously, wondering more about the male and his intentions. 
the man in the moon
43 Posts
Ooc —
Castiel— a brutish figure with courtly seaborn eyes and the lilted name of a blueblood. The softly proud accent of his name certainly didn't match the stoic voracity of his appearance, but Flaris was appreciative of the male all the same. Regardless of his name, or how he looked, he was in a position to assist him, and the solitary wolf wasn't inclined to miss opportunities based on superficial notions. He listened intently to the coffee wolf, thirstily drinking in what little information he was given at that time; and it took him less than a second to answer Castiel's given query.

"Life, my friend. I am passionate about life, and the glory that comes with having lived a full and happy life." It was an automatic response, having taken much longer for him to realize how incredibly vague the answer was than it had taken to give it. Clearing his throat, the earth-marked loner pressed on after a dismissive laugh. "My apologies, Castiel. I fear that I am filled with more heart than brain, I do." Smiling still, his tail slowed to a stop as he found a more serious answer on his tongue. "My greatest love lies in the cultivation of others. I have  a fine pair of eyes and ears, a solid nose, and an above-average curiosity for the wiles of nature, so as long as I am able to spend my time assisting Donnelaith's way of life, I would be most happy."
hiodrainsia
raised up from perdition
73 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
The answer was neither here nor there, and for any wolf the hope of living a long and happy life was a noble one. They so rarely got such luxuries however, and Castiel had first hand experienced such things. To be betrayed by friends and family alike, to see the ones you loved fall to war - it would last with the brute until his death. It had damaged his trusting nature and now Castiel had begun to regard things with suspicion. 

Castiel focused in on what the male was saying, working to consider if this male would be a proper fit. So far, there had not been many who didn't fit with the concepts of Donnelaith and the peaceful forest pack's ways. "There are many who heal here, a few who run the borders, is mentoring  others what you would like to do here, as well?' Castiel asked curiously. "What areas do you mentor in?" Not only did it give the male more insight to the stranger but it also stole some time so that when he did call Aria, it might not have been quite so late out. 
the man in the moon
43 Posts
Ooc —
The multi-toned wolf didn't mind talking. In fact, he quite liked it if he was being honest; and since he saw the necessity behind Castiel's questions, there was nothing he would rather do more in that moment than chat about and give away all the information that was asked of him. This, though, was more a testament to the type of wolf Flaris was, as opposed to how elated he might've been feeling in that moment. He nodded, preparing to respond verbally as the Donnelaith patrolman asked about his aptitude for mentoring.

"I worked mostly with children from whence I came. Teaching them the basics of survival and what have you. I also picked up on a few menial talents in my adolescence— sky-watching and plant cultivation— but I must admit, these aspirations of mine have not been visited in quite some time."
hiodrainsia
raised up from perdition
73 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Castiel's ears perked a little - he liked the stars himself, though he wasn't sure that he was properly trained or could suggest he was. Castiel listened to him, giving a nod while he admitted it was mostly survival, traits that were good for the young. Though the pack's only children were soon to join the adult ranks it might be beneficial should they have any fertile females wish to have children in the spring. "There is much we can all still learn, perhaps brushing up skills might not be a bad thing for even the elders." Castiel suggested. It wasn't his choice though. "@Aria, the Alpha, would give final word on your acceptance or dismissal." He explained calmly before he lifted his head, calling the Alpha. 
the man in the moon
43 Posts
Ooc —
"Aria," he breathed the name to himself, red eyes cast down on his own paws as the trumpeting howl of Castiel summoned the alpha of this wooded realm. As the song died, reverberating from the tree trunks like the last note of a concert, Flaris turned his muzzle in a curious cant towards the umber canine as they waited in soft darkness. "How long have you served Donnelaith?"
hiodrainsia
raised up from perdition
73 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
When his howl had ebbed Castiel took a seat, waiting for Aria to approach. The question that he asked was not unexpected. How long had it been? The better part of the season, he felt. He wasn't even certain anymore. "A couple months," Though it was admittedly a guess. He had barely even focused on the time frame. "Have you traveled long?" He asked, wondering if the man had seen many changes on his time - the life of a wanderer though noble enough, was not the one that Castiel preferred. 
the man in the moon
43 Posts
Ooc —
Flaris might've expected that Castiel had been born here, or had at least been here since reaching adulthood— under the assumption that he had been chased from his birthplace by the dominant male— but neither was the case. He had only been here, more or less, through the summer, and the loner was put at some degree of ease, feeling less out of place than he might've before. In this case, even if Castiel was the only other wolf having come from someplace else, he would not be alone on that front. "I moved through much of  summer. A journey that might have been made more pleasant had I a companion at my side. But alas, not one of my siblings wished for such greener pastures as I."

Chuckling, he shifted on his stomach, and recanted his head. "Have you any siblings?"
hiodrainsia
raised up from perdition
73 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Castiel regarded him for a moment when he spoke of the journey and his siblings. He didn't even know if any of them had ever survived. Winchester had, so, perhaps that left more opportunities open for some of his siblings to show up. "I had many, yes." He said quietly, though what the man was asking for whas the present and he could not provide that. "There was....an attack, of my home pack. I do not know how many of ours made it out alive." He admitted quietly. 
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
deirdre moved, wraithlike in the shadowed depths of donnelaith. she heard aria be called for, but deirdre knew the woman to not be around. aria had told the girl she would be searching for a territory to take her new residence in with constantine. perhaps she had told castiel and it had slipped his mind, or perhaps she had not. the pale woman who was giving deirdre her scepter and crown had told her, before her departure, that deirdre could accept who she pleased in her absence. it certainly made sense for deirdre to do so, as in the coming days she would become the true queen of donnelaith.

there was a subtle shift in her bearing. the way she moved was not at all arrogant or presumptuous, and there had always been a regal deportment to her person, but there was something else unnamable, there. she was emerging from her cocoon, she was becoming. the woods seemed to part as she moved 'round a tree and came into their eyesight, and deirdre hummed to castiel with a small, heartfelt smile, aria has requested that i allow others into the fold in her absence, if they are suited, the requirements were truly few; only that the other be, or become if they were not, self-sufficient to aid the sanctuary, and have a good heart. deirdre had not heard the dismal turn in the conversation, but was soft-spoken all the same. still, there was a command to her being that seemed to call for respect.  is this the reason you have called for her? her eyes had held fast to castiel, but now turned to inspect the wolf at their doorstep.
[Image: BCay9TG.png]
in oceans deep. my faith will stand
the man in the moon
43 Posts
Ooc —
Realizing that he had touched on a very tender subject for Castiel, Flaris cast him a sympathetic look. "No fear, my friend, for you needn't suffer these tragedies alone," he said softly, perhaps intending to say more when a pale slash of movement became caught in his peripheral. The man looked sharply to his left, and watched the gentle and proud approach of a snowwhite druid. Assuming this was Aria, Flaris pushed himself up from his stomach, rising into a carefully fluid stand with his head bowed and tailtip wagging politely as the pale and young queen came to pause at her guardian's side.

Her airy words refuted that this was Aria, and he glanced towards Castiel because this seemed a safer place to look. "My name is Flaris, fair sovereign. I come to uphold your way of life in exchange for the preservation of mine," he offered sanguinely once the cocoa titan had answered her.
hiodrainsia
raised up from perdition
73 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
He didn't fault the male for his question, it had been an unlucky point of conversation. He should have investigated more - he might have found more of their wolves and been able to help. He was not sure what he might have been able to do but he could have tried and he had not. He had been weak, and he had shown cowardice, though at the time he felt it was the only course of action that was appropriate. Maybe he would journey back but it would take weeks - take months perhaps in total and he didn't want to be away from Winchester for that long. "I did not mean to rouse you so late, Deirdre." He offered - he had not known that Aria had left the pack in the hands of the child and his concern grew. 

Castiel did not know the inner workings of Donnelaith, the plans laid out by the snowy Alpha for the pack she would certainly be abandoning - nor did he know why. He looked to Flaris for a moment as the male introduced himself, getting straight to the point. "He enjoys mentoring," The guardian offered to the young woman, as if to allow her insight into their previous conversation. 
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
deirdre smiled at the mans concern. it is no trouble at all, castiel; i quite enjoy these hours, for the moon was high and its light was bright! she celebrated life within the depths of donnelaith at these hours with the creatures that still were awake, laughing and singing unless there were beings in need of her healing. the other spoke his introductory piece, and deirdre listened well to him. castiel, too, offered something on behalf of the man before her who called himself flaris.

ours is a peaceful way of life, she hummed, if you could uphold this and offer unto others the skills you possess, you are welcome here, and he enjoyed mentoring, so she imagined this would not come to be an issue for him! castiel had not spoken a dismal word toward the other, and so deirdre felt this man before her must be good for him to have not turned him away.
[Image: BCay9TG.png]
in oceans deep. my faith will stand
the man in the moon
43 Posts
Ooc —
"It would be my absolute pleasure, madam Deirdre," he bore himself elegantly then bowed. She was young, but like him, her spirit seemed much, much older. The formal wolf said nothing else, wagging his tail as ducked his head and tiptoed forward, slipping softly into the waiting pelts of his new companions, bathing himself in their scents. His pledge with Donnelaith sealed.

Last post from me!