Blackfoot Forest Don't put your eyes down, you're not to blame
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Private 

It felt as if there were two Liris there days. The first was Liri the leader, the one pretending that she didn't sleep in Sam's divot at night and pretending that it didn't bother her how her husband had jilted her. This was the one who had to keep it together and push aside thoughts of him, hold together their tiny family. 

The other Liri came out when alone only, her shoulders bowed like the worn pages of a book. They sagged with the weight and stress and whatever the hell was wrong with Amara. This Liri looked older, sadder. It was this Liri that trudged across the pack with heavy thoughts towards her brother's den, which she knew Leto shared with Minna.

Liri paused when reaching the den, blinking as if only just noticing its presence. The Alpha called out softly for them, not wanting to attract attention. She had some serious matters to discuss, some good and some bad.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
She had slept in late that day, exhausted. The lack of activity around the forest had led to her becoming somewhat of a recluse, spending her days with her mate and pursuing other small tasks. A few days ago, she had expanded the den. Then, it had been attempting to grow seeds in a patch of earth close to the den. She was becoming unsure about her second trade. Wandering did not speak to her as strongly anymore, though she had once loved it. Herbs didn't seem so stuffy anymore- perhaps healer or naturalist was for her.

Her eyes flicked one at the summons,  her sleep blurred brain dimly registering it as Liri's. She yawned, rising slowly and nudging the pale lump beside her as she stretched her small form luxuriously.

She slipped from their den, offering Liro a warm but sleepy smile. "Morning, LirI. What's on your mind?" She treated her in a more familiar way then she would a typical alpha, feeling a closeness to this female.
96 Posts
Ooc —
Things had hit a rough patch for the pack lately, or so it seemed to Leto. He could see his sister was trying hard and knowing her, Liri was hurting. It wasn't like her to let anyone know she was, but Leto knew Liri. It was the kind of thing she would do, hide her pain from them. In his opinion, Liri was entitled to some pain. Leto knew how much she looked up to Aaron who had simply left, and Amara was...broken for lack of better word. That left the pack on his sister's shoulders and on top of that, Sam up and abandoned her. 

The call woke him, as did Minna's sudden departure and the lack of warmth beside him. Ducking to exit, the easy smile on his face dimmed at the obvious stress his baby sister was going through. Any other time, Leto might have turned immediately to his wife and greeted her affectionately but he was unsure if that would make Liri uncomfortable. Her own mate was gone and Leto didn't want to make her upset by rubbing it in.

He nudged Minna gently, moving to Liri and draping his head over her shoulders in a wolfy hug. "Hey sis."
Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same thing.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri smiled at Minna, not expecting much from her sister in law by way of submission. It was obvious how much she and Leto cared for her, Minna had proven her loyalty to Rosings many times before. It was one of the reasons Liri trusted her so much, why she wanted Minna beside her. 

Her lips had just parted to speak when Leto appeared as well and her words died in her throat. He was her brother and always intuitive to her emotions, ever since they were children. Liri allowed herself to rest against him for a moment, drawing comfort from the hug. "Hey Lee."

Liri pulled back, shooting them both a grateful smile; for what she wasn't sure. Being there, being loyal, being family. "I have some things to discuss with you guys." Liri glanced around as if she expected someone to be listening in on their conversation.

"Firstly, you two are my most trusted of anyone in the pack or who might join. It appears that Zephyr, Chusi, and Lilith have all disappeared. Sen remains and I don't trust her," Liri spoke honestly. The only reason the former Alpha had retained the Beta position was because Aaron had wanted her there and Liri had thought the woman could offer advice. Then again, the dark woman seemed a bit off, as if she had something hidden or just plain untrustworthy about her.

"Secondly, Amara seems a bit effected by Aaron's departure," Liri paused to glance at Minna who had been there when they found her straddling the rock. "I would like one of you to keep an eye on each of them as much as you can. It will be sometime before Amara has her pups and when she does, I don't want Sen anywhere near them," Liri warned. If she had to, she would raise them herself. It wasn't unheard of for females to begin lactating after a birth in the pack, if Amara no longer wanted Aaron's children then Liri would take them.

ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
At their hug, Minna smiled. She was painfully reminded of her own siblings a minute, but pushed away the thought when Liri begun to speak. She smiled, grateful, whwn Liri named her the most trusted, along with Leto. "Thank you" she said, feeling oddly flushed.

Unknown to her, Minna's thoughts echoed Liri's. Ever since the episode with Amara, Minna harboured a deep mistrust of the woman. Should she touch any one of her packmates again, the tiny girl would not hesitate to challenge her place in the pack. Amara's recent episode had Minna very concerned, she knew, deep inside, that something about Amara was broken, perhaps beyond repair. She just...didn't care anymore.Should she not wish to raise her pups...it had long been a dream of Minna's to raise some. But should Liri wish to care for them, she had no complaint whatsoever.

So at Liri's words, Minna nodded in agreement, expression serious as sleepyness was banished in favour of this conversation. "I'll keep an eye on her- it pains me to know how much she has gone through, she could use a friend." She hesitated a moment before speaking again, worry tainting her expression. "I...I don't trust this Sen either." There were many, many reasons for this. The loss of those she had came with, or rather, the escape. Her own daughter gone, the brisk, rude way she had treated Amara.
96 Posts
Ooc —
Leto stepped back as Liri drew back, settling comfortably next to his wife and making no mention of whatever troubled Liri. His ears perked curiously, awaiting whatever news Liri had to speak. It would have been too perfect if things settled easily after Kierkegaard's departure but of course nothing was ever easy for them. 

"I'll watch Sen," Leto assured, certain that with a larger frame he had better success of battling the ebony femme who was larger than his petite sister and wife. It might have been easier to just demote Sen but even Leto knew Liri would have her reasons for not doing so.

"Was that all?" His question was meant to be curious not rude, unsure if she had come to them so early for only what she had told them so far.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
"I don't think she even wants friends anymore, Amara is no longer herself. Only a shell," Liri frowned, turning and nodding to her brother at his words. Even should Sen get the wrong idea and challenge any of them, it was more like for the Beta to be chased from Rosings than permitted to hold the position. They gained things through hard work and loyalty here, they were a tight knit bunch and usurpers were intolerable in any form or fashion. 

Should Liri be challenged she didn't see it likely that the offender would stay long. If Liri went, Leto would likely go and with him Minna. Without their trio there was no more Rosings. Liri was unsure where Amara fit into this group, whether Sen would drag Amara with her or if Amara would be with them. 

"No. I've decided it's time to promote a Beta of my own. Someone I trust, that's why I want you, Minna," a true smile, the first in a while, crossed Liri's face as she addressed her sister in law. Minna was open to refuse if she so pleased but it was unlikely.

ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
A shell. Liri’s words brought Minna’s thoughts to cold reality, and her uttering them made it all the more real. However, inside, Minna held onto a hope that Amara could be restored, saved. She wondered what it must be like to have your mate leave you, pregnant, and have your pack crumble around you. But they were still there, Amara didn’t seem to see that. Minna doubted that Amara would hold the alpha position for much longer, unless something changed.

As Liri spoke again, Minna’s heart skipped a beat, her jaw fell open. There was a brief moment of silence in which Minna’s expression was one of shock, and then she managed to formulate words. “M-me? Liri, I-“ She broke off as her expression changed to one of joy. A wide smile, sincere and unrestrained, burst across her muzzle as she regarded Liri. “Thank you! Liri, I’m honoured, and I'll do whatever I can to benefit the pack.” Secretly, she had aspired to lead, but never given word to her thoughts. Now she was to be given the chance, and she thought her heart would burst.
96 Posts
Ooc —
Leto felt as if he knew what was coming before it left Liri's lips, grinning foolishly at the pair as it took place. He wasn't in the least upset that it was Minna and not him, Minna had been here longer and was one of Liri's most trusted friends. He was overjoyed that his wife was being given such a chance.

"That's amazing!" His exclamation was perhaps unneeded but then Leto was never the most articulate. He rubbed against his wife's shoulder in congratulations, silently rejoicing in it.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri felt true happiness as her family expressed their own glee at Minna's promotion. Her tail beat a joyful tune and for once, a brief moment, it seemed everything would be okay. Whether or not Sam came back, Liri would be fine. The healer had her family and that was of most importance.

"I am honoured to have you," she retorted easily, grin growing on her face. For a brief moment she recalled that with the Beta position came the permission to have children, or at least in most packs of it was expressed.

Obviously Amara's pups were to be raised first but someday they would be grown. Hopefully Liri would have nieces and nephews someday but for now the couple before her would be expected to realize that two litters could not be supported at the same time with so few members.