Broken Antler Fen Spear-Fishin
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
All Welcome 
Aduin set his mind on one objective in the afternoon. To catch a fish. He remembered when Brandy wanted to teach him. And he had gone away from the water. Well, not this time. He kept saying that in his head, over and over. That he would not shy away from the clear liquid.

Until he got there. Just a couple of paces then he would be in. But he just stood there. Suddenly hesitant. He got nervous a lot, and despite water being the thing that protected him from his greatest fear of fire, he did not like water itself. It was too cold, and could kill if someone could not swim. Which he could not. Perhaps this was fruitless. But he would not give up. Aduin took what felt like a daring step toward the water's edge, as if he was challenging it.

@Aviana
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana had settled in to Broken Antler Fen quite nicely. Her confidence was returning and it showed the way she held herself these days. She was not by any means dominant over any one, but she no longer coward to the ground in fear. It helped that it seemed some of the wolves had left, including Valtyr. She knew Seb would not like that she was pleased with the low numbers, so she said nothing, but it eased her knowing that she wasn't so outnumbered. She also had the confidence that Seb would come to her rescue, should anything happen to her. It was one of the reasons she had not left the territory since coming here- because that would mean she was further away from her savior. 

With food on her mind, and hunger in her belly, she made her way towards the lake, intent on fishing. It was one of her favorite past times, as it always seemed to calm her anxiety. She paused when she reached the edge of the forest, her gaze immediately set on Aduin. Seb had introduced them, and she and her brother had talked privately of her hanging out with the other male, but so far, she had not gotten up the confidence to approach him. She was sort of hoping Seb would do that for her. But, with the opportunity in front of her, she knew Seb would question why she didn't take it. 

She watched him for a few moments, wondering why he was simply standing at the edge of the water. He took a step towards it, but she got the impression of hesitation in his step. Her gaze looked around the area, finding no other wolves, and she took her own daring step forward. She chuffed to let him know she was here, not wanting to startle him. She approached the water, but kept several yards between herself and the Gamma. Her gaze flitted between him and the water. Am I interrupting? she asked softly. 
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin was one more step away. All he had to take was one little step and he would be touching the water. he reached out with a paw, for some reason anxious of the water, and..."Am I interrupting?" He slipped right in. The voice startled him, and for a moment he was hopeful it was Brandy planning to have fun. But it was not. Then he realised at the cold touch he was in the water, and ran out.

Immediately after his expression went bashful. Aduin really wished she hadn't seen that. He wished no one at all had seen that. "N-No! Not at a-all" he stumbled over his words. Once calm enough, which was after shaking off his fur, he looked over the other wolf. Only to realise it was Seb's sister. 

"Aviana? I-I'm not too good with n-names sometimes." He looked away so she couldn't see his bashful look. He could only imagine how silly he looked.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The calm scene suddenly turned frenzied as Aduin fell into the water. Aviana instinctively lowered her body to the ground, fighting the urge to flee. She had obviously surprised him and caused him to fall, and she was certain he was going to be angry with her. She moved to turn and leave, but his voice stopped her. 

Her gaze was glued to the ground as she nodded confirmation of her name. I'm so sorry I startled you. I thought you heard my chuff, she said quickly, her voice a little shaky. She didn't even register his own shaky voice, and she refused to lift her gaze to his own. She remained where she was, unsure of what to do next. 
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin shook his head. "N-No, it's my fault. I should have been paying attention." He paused there for a moment. Sebastain hadn't said much about Aviana upon their first meeting, so he didn't have much to go off. Not even personality wise. All he remembered was that Sebastain had said Aduin was ver very nice. 

"Let's start over" he said, calming himself over after some deep breaths. "Aduin. And you?" He already knew her name, but it would be better if it was like a first proper, more formal meeting. Maybe he could even get her help on his situation.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She shook her head, firmly believing that she was still at fault. No, you were obviously busy, and I shouldn't have come up like that. She was naturally quiet, not giving off much, if any, noise when she moved. In her loner days, she had never wanted to be noticed, and therefore had made sure she wasn't. It had come to be such a second nature that she didn't even realize she still did it.

He recommended they start over and she nodded, coming to a sitting position, though her shoulders were still slightly hunched. Nice to meet you, Aduin. I'm Aviana, she replied. Were you... going to go swimming? she asked tentatively.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin opened his mouth to go on, but he closed it. There was no point in arguing about who disturbed who. Besides, he didn't want to ruin a new friendship just by arguing. What good would that get him? She introduced herself, again, and he took the name in and paired it with the scent he smelt from a distance.

"Uh..no. I was going to go fishing. I'm doing it for Brandy. She tried to teach me once, but I kind of...wussed out of it." And now he would prove himself, for Brandy, and get a fish for her. He was just too anxious of water to do anything like that.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
He mentioned fishing, and Brandy, and Aviana remembered they were mates. She hadn't seen Brandy in a little while, but she assumed they had simply missed each other. She glanced at the water before turning her gaze back to Aduin. It would be rude of her, she was sure, to simply leave when it was obvious he was having trouble with fishing.

I was actually coming to fish, too. I could... help you, if you like, she offered hesitantly. He seemed to be kind, coming to fish to show Brandy he could do it, and she wanted him to succeed. She just hope she didn't chicken out herself.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
One of Aduin's ears flicked at her courteous offer. His tail even wagged. Sure, it wasn't Brandy teaching him. But he wanted to surprise her, to show her he could. "S-Sure" he answered in a bit nervous tone. "So, how do I?" 

He had never fished before, but he had an idea. That idea being sticking his head in. One of the things he was afraid of was not getting his head back out or something pulling him in. He felt silly at that second part but he had heard of things called sharks in the ocean. He readied himself at the water's edge, his head waiting above it as he stared into the water.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
He seemed as nervous as she, and it actually helped to calm herself a little bit. He looked hesitant to go into the water, so she gave him a soft smile as she began to wade into the water. Follow me, she said. She went out until the water reached her elbows, turning to see if he had done the same. 

Once he was in the water, she lowered her voice. Stay as still as possible, and try not to talk once the hunting starts. Somehow, they hear it and it scares them away, she explained. It might take a little while, but eventually, once you're settled into place, they start coming back around. When one is coming towards you, you strike where it's about to be. The water does something weird, and the fish isn't actually where it looks like it is; it's a little off. She hoped that all made sense. I'll try the first time, so you can see.

She grew quiet and her gaze went to the water. It was a little while, but eventually, the fish started swimming around them. Aviana made sure only to move her eyes and not her entire head. When one was coming her way, she tensed slightly, and then struck. Her head went into the water, and her open jaws clamped down on the fish. She retreated, the fish whipping its tail side to side in an effort to get free. But, Aviana had a strong hold on it. She went to shore, and dropped it on the ground. Her gaze turned to Aduin before she made her way back out into the water. Any questions? she asked, coming to a stop a few yards away. 

I PPed that he went in. If this isn't okay, let me know, and I'll change it :-)
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
It's fine. Success!

Aduin waded into the water, following Aviana's word. He was anxious at first and hesitantly paused. But after seeing her go in and be fine and safe, he himself went in. The water reached halfway up his legs. So it wasn't as deep as he had guessed. Though he did feel something go against his leg in a fast movement and he almost yelped.

She began talking so he did his best to ignore the fact something had gone against his leg. He assumed it were fish. And hoped he was right. She said to stay still, so he did. Worrying another thing, hopefully a fish, brushed against his leg.

It was some time till he felt another, this time go underneath him. He shivered, uttering a whimper. She struck and got a fish, and his previously panicked expression looked at her in awe. Maybe he could do this. 

So he waited. Remembering what she said, still anxious about the possibility of something else under. And spotted a fish. Aiming ahead, he struck. And then came back up, feeling something flapping around. It took him a second to realise he caught one! Then came the freaking out. With it flapping around, he started jumping around with it in his mouth, his shouts muffled by the fish out of water. Soon let go once he was close enough to the shore. "That was...crazy." he eyed the fish as it kept moving a little more.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
He was quiet as she fished, which was no surprised, since she had told them they needed to be. She was unaware that anything was touching him. It happened to her from time to time, but she was used to it. She knew she couldn't catch those fish, so it was a waste of time to try.

As he was for her, she was still and quiet for him, hoping that he would catch something; or, if he didn't, to at least not lose hope that he could. Fishing could be difficult, and there were more misses than catches. A wolf just needed to keep at it. But, this time, there was no fear of that, as Aduin's head speared into the waters, and came back up with a fish. Aviana smiled. Great job!

She followed him back to shore, going back to her fish. She turned to prevent her back being to him, and lowered her head to begin tearing the fish apart and eating it. Are you going to take yours to Brandy? she asked between bites.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
At her praise of him catching it, he couldn't help but let loose a proud yet sheepish grin. "The hard part for me was after. When it started flopping around in my mouth." Aduin shook to Aviana's question. This had been just a test of his skill, so that he could show Brandy the next time they went fishing. 

"Just a practice. I want to surprise her. Thanks" he said past the fish, then he pushed a paw on the fish so it stopped moving, then grabbed the fish around the middle to head off. He would later eat his elsewhere, alone.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
He expressed the difficult part for him was when he already had the fish and it flops around. She nodded. Yeah, it can be weird at first, and the large ones you have to really grab on to or else they will flop right out of your jaws, she warned. She hated doing all that work, catching the fish, only to have it slid out of her mouth because she didn't sink her teeth in enough.

She nodded her understanding that he wasn't going to take it to Brandy, and she continued to eat her fish until it was done. Her gaze went back to him every few seconds, as a way of keeping track where he was, should he move. While he killed the fish, he wasn't eating. She wondered, but she didn't ask, worried that it would be rude. Once she finished with her own, she licked her maw free of any remaining fish. Well, I think I'll go, she said, a bit awkwardly.