Hushed Willows the dragonfly it ran away.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Harlyn felt relief at hearing that there was still no sign of Tavi. There had been a time when she may have been distressed for the woman's absence, but not anymore. Not after she had proven herself to Harlyn to be dangerously impetuous. It was one thing to act violently to protect your children against a stranger when the situation was uncertain, but your own pack? Your fellow alpha?

The druid pushed it from her mind. She had spent too much time already considering what had happened between them and reflecting on her feelings towards her former leadership partner. It was a useless exercise, particular now that Octavia was gone and there seemed to be no indication that she would return. Harlyn assumed the woman had died for what else would be keeping her from returning home to her son? And so it was pointless to debate the idiosyncracies of her personality that Harlyn believed made her unfit to lead and how she would conduct herself if the day ever came that Tavi returned to claim her pack, or at least her son. Neither would she allow to happen, and she hoped fervently that Stark was of a like mind even if she was not willing to broach the subject with him.

"May the Gods keep her well, wherever she has gone," Harlyn murmured quietly, more so in prayer than actual response to Stark. She was silent for a moment longer before looking again at her companion. 

"The past weeks have been a haze for me," she said to him, studying his face in earnest, "But I do not believe I have thanked you properly for all that you have done for my family while I have been incapacitated. It means a great deal." Harlyn spoke mostly of Silas, and too of the care he had shown to her. She was certain he had offered his kindness to Mordecai and Larkspur as well while they were still there in the Keep, and so too now did he do so in his search for them, as well as for Pippin.
Open for Commissions! PM me for more info :)
Messages In This Thread
the dragonfly it ran away. - by Harlyn - August 18, 2016, 05:12 PM
RE: the dragonfly it ran away. - by Stark - August 18, 2016, 05:23 PM
RE: the dragonfly it ran away. - by Harlyn - August 18, 2016, 07:23 PM
RE: the dragonfly it ran away. - by Stark - August 18, 2016, 07:37 PM
RE: the dragonfly it ran away. - by Harlyn - August 19, 2016, 09:56 AM
RE: the dragonfly it ran away. - by Stark - August 20, 2016, 03:42 PM
RE: the dragonfly it ran away. - by Harlyn - August 20, 2016, 05:10 PM
RE: the dragonfly it ran away. - by Stark - August 24, 2016, 09:09 PM
RE: the dragonfly it ran away. - by Harlyn - September 01, 2016, 07:46 PM
RE: the dragonfly it ran away. - by Stark - September 11, 2016, 03:10 PM
RE: the dragonfly it ran away. - by Harlyn - September 12, 2016, 09:16 PM