Hushed Willows the dragonfly it ran away.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Stark took her words humbly, as Harlyn had known that he would. She returned his smile with a soft one of her own, but it faltered as he lamented their lack of good tidings. The druid took a slow, deep breath to steady the rise of her emotions. What she wouldn't give to see Larkspur's eagerly smiling face, or Pippin's molten whiskey eyes. She missed Mordecai as well, but it was different to be without her children than it was to be without him. In a way, she was comforted by the fact that he was not there as she willed herself to believe that he still was with Larkspur, watching over her, caring for her. Perhaps he had found Pippin as well, and the three were together. It was a wonderful thought, even if it was hard for her to be so optimistic as to believe it.

"I will admit that I am not sure where to go from here," Harlyn said quietly, in an almost confessional tone, "I want to find them. If I could, I would go to the ends of the earth to find them. Even if it meant wearing my limbs down to stubs and falling dead from exhaustion, I would do it to bring them safely back home to me." Harlyn paused, considering her words. Her heart pulled so desperately towards the idea. She wanted her kids back. She wanted her husband back.

"But Silas is here. I cannot leave him alone, with none left of his family," she continued, "I cannot tear him from a place he has grown comfortable, not again. My skills at tracking have never been great, and Winter approaches. I need to be here, preparing, helping the pack as they have helped me, and making this a good home for my son. But at the same time.. it feels like I am abandoning his father, his brother and sister. My kids, my mate..."

Harlyn breathed heavily and allowd her gaze to drift across the water's surface. "I must stay, and I must go. So what then do I do?"
Open for Commissions! PM me for more info :)
Messages In This Thread
the dragonfly it ran away. - by Harlyn - August 18, 2016, 05:12 PM
RE: the dragonfly it ran away. - by Stark - August 18, 2016, 05:23 PM
RE: the dragonfly it ran away. - by Harlyn - August 18, 2016, 07:23 PM
RE: the dragonfly it ran away. - by Stark - August 18, 2016, 07:37 PM
RE: the dragonfly it ran away. - by Harlyn - August 19, 2016, 09:56 AM
RE: the dragonfly it ran away. - by Stark - August 20, 2016, 03:42 PM
RE: the dragonfly it ran away. - by Harlyn - August 20, 2016, 05:10 PM
RE: the dragonfly it ran away. - by Stark - August 24, 2016, 09:09 PM
RE: the dragonfly it ran away. - by Harlyn - September 01, 2016, 07:46 PM
RE: the dragonfly it ran away. - by Stark - September 11, 2016, 03:10 PM
RE: the dragonfly it ran away. - by Harlyn - September 12, 2016, 09:16 PM