Silver Creek Teach Me Your Ways
353 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Set at the border. @Spring

After some thought on the situatuion, Heartha left the area of Charley Pryor's still-forming pack to find knowledge. She hoped she found what she searched for when she came across a pack's borders. Hesitantly and carefully, she howled out for the alpha. If anyone would know, surely the would. If not, they could surely call for someone who did.
Sometimes You Just Have To Believe
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
The sound of a howl caught Spring's attention and her head instantly whipped around in the direction from which she had heard it.  Without any hesitation, wanting to see who this was, the Alpha of Silver Creek began to make her way towards the border.  It took her a couple minutes to get to the border, dominant in stance, but soon enough she was there, staring into the face of a female.

"Who are you and what is your purpose here?"  She questioned the wolf with a solemn tone, curiously eyeing her with interest.  Did she wish to join Silver Creek?  If so she seemed like an able wolf and Spring would be glad to give her a chance if her personality didn't ruin anything.  Yet again she could just be a scout to or something like that, so Spring just waited there wondering what was up until the other wolf responded.
353 Posts
Ooc —
As she had hoped, someone came. Very dominant looking, obviously high in the chain. And straight to the point. "I came looking for knowledge. In healing" she replied, dipping her head and tucking her tail against one of her hind legs. "Is anyone here willing to teach?" Heartha asked, looking up at the alpha but not in the eye.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring found it strange that a wolf would come to her borders to learn healing, other than going to the lands just beyond.  Still though Spring would be happy to teach anyone about herbs.  Healing was something that she was proud to teach afterall.

"I can teach you," the Alpha began, "but first can I know your name?  I am Spring, Alpha of Silver Creek, the pack beyond the border which you stand across from now."  She informed the female, then awaited the wolf to tell her her name.  Then would Spring teach her what she wanted to know about herbs.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha felt silly having not introduced herself. She was right to the main subject. Most of the time. "Oh, Heartha." She bowed her head, now knowing this was the one she wanted, the alpha. Heartha recalled what her alpha had told her, to keep their pack a secret for now. Learning of the pack's name would prove useful later as well.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
The silver wolf gave her her name and Spring nodded in response.  "Pleasure to meet you Heartha.  What would you like most to learn about herbs?"  She asked curiously.  Her honey colored gaze watching the other with interest.  

She began to wonder herself what she would have wanted to learn about herbs from another had she not learned how to use them already.  Would she have wanted to learn about burdock root, yarrow, the healing tool cobwebs?  Spring waited for Heartha to answer her question.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha was about to answer right away, even opened her mouth. Then closed it, hesitating. What did she want to know? She only knew of herbs good for pregnancy, since those were the ones given to her. None of healing, or migraines. Nothing like that. She had a lot to learn.

"Anything, actually. I'm a bit rusty, and only know things for a pregnant mother" she replied with a sheepish look. She felt silly asking for nothing too specific. "Maybe...basics?"
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Heartha asked to know the basics and so the basics Spring would give her.  First though she found herself quickly scanning her memory to try and think of two herbs.  The first one she came up with was cobwebs which would be helpful to know about, but of course cobwebs were not an herb, more of a bandage.  The next one that she came up with was an herb though: burdock root.  They were two things that would be good to teach.

"Well... there is cobwebs for one, which is pretty much a spider web.  If you apply the to the wound it can help control the blood."  She started out, her mind tunning in on all of her herb knowledge.  "There's also burdock root which looks sorta like a stick I suppose and is found under the earth, with purplish pinkish looking flowers above it... burdock root can be used to increase urine flow, kill germs, reduces fevers, treat both colds and gout, help with joint infections and skin conditions."  Spring informed Heartha and with a small smile as she remembered when she had given lessons to Esaro and Lunar Eclispe... that smile quickly disapeared at the thought of Esaro though... he had ruined so much... and Lunar... well there relationship was complicated.  Spring wondered what the two of them were up to now.  Hopefully leading a much cleaner life.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha listened carefully to the lesson. She wouldn't have counted cobwebs as a herb, but it seemed the helped. Still, it confused her. Spring went onto the next, which was an actual herb this time. A root, used for many things. She would have to remember all those things.

When Spring's smile disappeared, Heartha believed she could drop the lesson for a while. "Is something the matter?" she asked in a concerned manner.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring was roused from her thoughts as Heartha asked her what was the matter.  Instantly she felt embaressed.  Had she really been that transparent?  Well apparently or Heartha would have never noticed.  For a moment she actually felt like spilling out all her problems, but Heartha was still pretty much a strange.  So with that she didn't.

"I'm fine.  Just thinking."  Spring partially lied.  "Anyways, back onto the topic of herbs, what has inspired you to become a Healer?"  She asked curiously, as she always found herself interested in the backstory of what made one what to persue a trade.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha shrugged at Spring's answer. She mentally kicked herself, as it wasn't her business at all in the first place. She shouldn't have asked in the first place. Luckily, the subject went back to it's original purpose. "Well..." She remembered what Charley said. That he didn't want anyone knowing that their pack was about. "I have a friend who got hurt. They are recovering, but in case it happens again I want to be prepared."
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Heartha spoke of a injured friend that had really sparked her interests in learning how to heal.  It made enough sense.  If she didn't know what to do in a situation like that Spring would surely want to learn what to do future.  Yet the mention of a friend also made her curious about something else.  Was Heartha part of another pack?

"Do you live in a pack then?"  She asked Heartha expecting a yes as an answer to her question.  After all if Heartha's friend has been hurt badly enough and was recovering there would need to be a healer in the mix unless they just got really lucky.  Everything was pointing towards Heartha having a pack.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha started to get flustered as Srping asked if she were in a pack. Charley had specifically told her not to mention that she was. But how could she avoid it? "Uh..yes. But I was told not to tell where it is." She felt stupid having said that, doing exactly what Charley told her not to do. Though she had to say something. "I should get back."
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Her eyes narrowed when Heartha told her that she couldn't tell where her pack was located.  Well that was pretty stupid because Spring was sure that if anyone out enough energy into it they could find some pack, especially if the pack was also located in the same area as their own.  So when Heartha suggested that she should leave, Spring nodded with a gaze of steal.

"Perhaps you should and I would love to hear about this pack sometime, just remember to make sure that your packs territory stays away from my creek."  Then with that, Spring waited for Heartha to make her leave, wanting no more of this wolf right now who came from such a secretive pack.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha nodded, giving a friendly smile. Though this time under the steel gaze it was rather forced. She had Spring, the alpha of one pack, that she was part of a pack. Against the word of her own alpha. Quickly, she turned and trotted off, soon turning into a sprint. The warning she held in her memory. She would do her best to heed that warning from now on.