Ankyra Sound Let mercy come and wash away what I've done
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
that awkward moment when kja tries to be a diplomat, lol.

Their tussle only lasted a few moments longer before Maude emerged the victor with Ondine forced to accept the Beta's dominance. There was a part of Kjalarr that was without a doubt proud of Maude for holding her own and putting Ondine in her place for the woman had been blatantly insubordinate, regardless of her reasons for it. Kjalarr's ears slicked back against his skull as they both turned to him: Ondine tattling on Maude for being aggressive and breaking skin (which reminded him of a child), even going for the extra dramatic flair by stating that she would be doomed if it got infected. Maude defended herself, saying that it was a “love bite” as to which Kjalarr squinted at her, gazing moving from Ondine to Maude. Kjalarr doubted that Ondine's wound was that bad and winter was a good few months off yet. No doubt her wound would be long healed by the time it was upon them. “Maude, enough,” He rumbled at his Beta when she threatened Ondine that she could do worse.

“Neither of you are victims in this,” Kjalarr pointed out to them, diplomatic, not siding with either. He was their alpha: and as such he would not play favorites nor could he be swayed to a side. “Maude, for whatever reason, you instigated this by giving Ondine looks,” It sounded so strange: that a look could cause all of this. “Ondine,” The Jarl's gaze slid to rest upon Ondine. “You were blatantly insubordinate towards Maude who is your superior as my second,” His salmon pink tongue drew across his lips. “Unless you intend to challenge her for her rank next time, I expect you to show her the same respect that you show me from here on out.” It was the way in Saltwinter: ranks were challengable but unless one intended to challenge they needed to submit to the dominance of their leaders.

“Maude, it is true that Ondine is not maimed but you do not have to draw blood to emphasis your dominance. I did tell you two to keep it clean,” And in that, Ondine was right: Maude had disobeyed. “There will be a consequence for it, but you and I will discuss that on a patrol, later.” He informed Maude, before his gaze went to Ondine. “I'm no medic but I know a thing or two about serious wounds,” Kjalarr lifted his muzzle slightly, to emphasis the three crimson claw marks that marred his muzzle. “It was late winter when I received these and they didn't get infected. I just made sure to submerge the wound in salt water a few times each day. It will sting like hell but it will keep it clean.” That was the extent of his medical “expertise”. “You solved it among yourselves, without needing me to intervene or pick sides. We must earn each other's respect and sometimes it takes a tussle of dominance in the sand; but that is what Saltwinter is about. It's what makes us strong.” And in the long run: that was the thing that mattered the most. In a way, he was proud of them both for it, despite that in the end they'd turned to him in what he assumed to be “pick a side” sort of way (as to which he'd refused to do by calling them both out on things even if they both ended up mad at him for it).

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Messages In This Thread
Let mercy come and wash away what I've done - by Cattail - August 20, 2016, 12:41 PM
RE: Let mercy come and wash away what I've done - by Kjalarr - September 01, 2016, 03:40 PM
RE: Let mercy come and wash away what I've done - by Cattail - September 02, 2016, 06:47 AM
RE: Let mercy come and wash away what I've done - by Maude - September 03, 2016, 01:46 PM
RE: Let mercy come and wash away what I've done - by Kjalarr - September 04, 2016, 06:39 AM
RE: Let mercy come and wash away what I've done - by Cattail - September 04, 2016, 07:04 PM
RE: Let mercy come and wash away what I've done - by Maude - September 04, 2016, 08:22 PM
RE: Let mercy come and wash away what I've done - by Kjalarr - September 05, 2016, 05:49 AM
RE: Let mercy come and wash away what I've done - by Cattail - September 05, 2016, 06:10 AM
RE: Let mercy come and wash away what I've done - by Maude - September 05, 2016, 12:00 PM
RE: Let mercy come and wash away what I've done - by Kjalarr - September 08, 2016, 03:16 PM
RE: Let mercy come and wash away what I've done - by Cattail - September 09, 2016, 01:19 PM
RE: Let mercy come and wash away what I've done - by Maude - September 11, 2016, 08:20 PM