Duck Lake reality is a lovely place.
<font size=1><i>and then we'll take it higher</i></font>
11 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Yay I'm glad you joined! Hello hello! ^_^

Lake dove his head under the water and paddled back towards the floor. He had it in his head that he wanted to leap out of the surface of the water like a whale (he had seen them at it once--it was flippin' sweet), however he had long since learned that he didn't have the anatomy or strength it took to really succeed at it. So, he burst straight back up out of the water as though reaching for the sun, then evened himself back out so that he was parallel to the ground.

He was shaking his head to clear his ears of water when he suddenly became aware of the other wolf's presence. He twisted himself with a swing of an arm so that he was facing her, stretching his neck forward and perking his ears to hear her better even though the motion proved to be unnecessary--the power of her lungs was rather impressive. Not being blessed with the same vocal strength, Lake swam swiftly closer to the shore until his paws struck ground and he could stand upon all fours.

Lake's knowledge of the area was similar to hers--an educated guess at best, based on what he'd learned by strangers along the way. He parted his lips to advise her, but his voice clung to his throat as she suddenly spouted off another question to her. The second question brought a grin to his face (that is sooo not how you fish, thought the fishing/aquatic activities snob), however he backtracked, not wanting to leave any of her queries hanging.

"Well, I'd say you're by a Lake," Lake responded with a smirk, knowing she wouldn't understand what he meant, but knowing she'd definitely appreciate his humor once she did. "If you're asking about this lake though," he gestured to the water around him with a sweep of his head, "If I'm not mistaken, this is Duck Lake." The presence of the massive cluster of ducks at the opposite shore that he noticed over his shoulder seemed to support his hypothesis, at least.

"To answer your second question: No, I'm not fishing. You have to be a lot quieter and less.. splashy aroundy to fish successfully," he replied with a smile. "Why, are you hungry? I am an excellent fisherman if you require my services." Lake glanced briefly at her physique as he offered. She was a bit larger and grumpier-looking than he generally preferred, but who would turn away a blonde?

Messages In This Thread
reality is a lovely place. - by Lake - July 28, 2013, 08:16 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Turquoise - July 28, 2013, 09:12 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Lake - July 29, 2013, 05:02 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Turquoise - July 29, 2013, 06:31 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Lake - July 29, 2013, 07:36 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Turquoise - July 30, 2013, 09:47 AM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Lake - July 30, 2013, 06:11 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Turquoise - July 30, 2013, 08:33 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Lake - July 31, 2013, 05:39 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Turquoise - July 31, 2013, 09:14 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Lake - August 01, 2013, 07:23 PM