Sleeping Dragon ipsa scientia potestas est
i've lost the word for prayer
258 Posts
Ooc — Mica
All Welcome 
All welcome. Maybe someone new? @Mojave @Foxglove @Lucia

Things had grown quiet on the western border and most of his time had evened out to the rest of the claim. The scrawny wolf that had gotten too close had likely been a little mix up that he doesn't expect to happen again. He'd done a patrol and he's certain his bore his own path around the base of the mountain with as much time as he's spent. Today, however, he finds himself near the geyser field to the northern side of the territory. One has erupted in the distance and Gavriel watches it from afar. The grass, where not soaked by water, is lively and full of life—perhaps you wouldn't even know a famine had taken over their lives for so long—and he meanders through the field. 

Once the geyser dies down, Gavriel catches sight of a sliver of fawn sticking out from the rocky wall of the mountain. His brows knit together, having not spent a lot of time in this area, but he hesitates moving to spook the creature. The opening to the field leads away from the pack claim and he knows he can't corner and bring it down himself. In all likeliness, he's bound to scare the creature away from his grasp. Instead, Gavriel watches it from a distance. He moves only a little to get a better look to see the prey using the stone wall as a salt lick.
40 Posts
Ooc —
She had been accepted to the pack not too long ago, and considered herself pretty satisfied with her choice. Things were going well -- getting adjusted, meeting other members, and not to mention the territory too. It was beautiful, dotted with geysers in which she hadn't seen very often despite her short amount of time spent in the area. For being on top of a volcano, it was actually rather pleasant. 

It was not too long until one of the geysers erupted, spraying boiling hot water up into the air. Luckily, she was too far away to be in danger, and witnessed the spectacle from a good distance. The initial eruption began to die down, the air turning to a misty haze of water droplets. Lucia grinned, wanting to get closer but also not wanting to scald herself to death. That would be an unfortunate way to go. Death by geyser. Not exactly honorable.

She ventured forward in attempts to find something else, and she found just that. It wasn't something else, but rather, someone else; he was a male by scent with thick, tawny fur. His scent also carried the familiar smell of her pack, the hackles that had subconciously raised at his presence laying back down. She had nothing to worry about. Lucia ventured forth again, this time re-routing towards the stranger. Maybe he would become friends with her, or at least the two could hold a conversation like she had done with Portia. She arrived a few feet in front of him, dipping her head in greeting.

"Hi, I'm Lucia. I just joined," she spoke.
258 Posts
Ooc — Mica
With his focus on the deer in the distance, he has little attention for anything else. He knows he can’t take it down alone and even going after it will send it out of the field and out of the reach of the dragons entirely. Without someone on the other side, or at least an extra hand, he knows he won’t successfully take the kill. He doesn’t move from his spot, though, and so when another approaches, he jerks in surprise and turns to the light colored female for a brief second before turning back to what he’d been looking at. 

The deer remains in place, thankfully, but there is still little for them to do. So, instead, he swings his head back toward the woman that has introduced herself as Lucia.

“Gavriel,” he says then with one swish of his tail before he jerks his nose in the direction he’d been looking at, hoping to draw her attention to the same thing.
40 Posts
Ooc —
The male ahead had taken note of her presence, quickly turning back around to resume something she wasn't knowledgeable of. Further investigation provided that he was watching a deer, suddenly making her feel embarrassed over her loud introduction. Hi, I'm Lucia. I just joined. Wow, she hadn't even noticed that she probably should have been quiet.

She made eye-contact as he looked back again, introducing himself. "Greetings, Gavriel," she said, more quiet this time. She crept forward until she was side-by-side with him, her eyes trained on the deer in the distance. She didn't need to ask what Gavriel was planning to do -- she just didn't know if two wolves could take down a deer. The question popped up in her head mostly because she had little experience with hunting.

If she could do so with no risk, she would have started a conversation with the unfamiliar pack member. However, she didn't want to take any chances of scaring off the deer, or at least alert it of their presence.
258 Posts
Ooc — Mica
Gavriel doesn't hold it against the other for being abrupt, not always is everyone aware of their surroundings when in their own territory. Sometimes he is guilty of such things. In that moment, however, he worries he may have lost the deer in the distance but the longer he stands there and watches, he notes that Lucia hasn't disturbed it. Relief settles in and he relaxes, taking a step back on silent feet before he glances toward the other once more. 

"I don't want to scare it off," he whispers. "Perhaps if no one disturbs it in the next day or so, the herd will stay nearby and we can hunt," he adds though he doesn't know how to go about telling everyone without howling and howling may scare the creature away. With Lucia in the loop, perhaps she could help spread information and they can rally another day from the other side and trap the deer in the geyser field.