Grouse Thicket thou bleeding piece of earth
fallen angels and burning stars
182 Posts
Ooc — Avery
All Welcome 
AW but perhaps @Aeronwyn? :P

"Fuck," he hissed between gritted teeth as he stumbled through the glade, his eyes narrowed and flashing with pain. His breathing was ragged and irregular and as he crashed into a tree, and the rough bark tore at his shoulder, he didn't even appear to register the pain as he stumbled a bit more and fell by the edge of a small stream in the woodland. The soldier's legs collapsed beneath him and as his wounded shoulder rubbed against a jagged piece of rock, his eyes watered and he bit his tongue to avoid screaming, the familiar coppery taste of blood present in his mouth.

"Fuck," he repeated, spitting a wad of blood onto the rock as he crouched, turning his head ever so slightly to examine the damage in his shoulder. Bits of fur were torn out and the pale silver was tinged pink with blood. Deciding that it would heal rather quickly, his mind quickly occupied itself with another important subject and immediately, his expression morphed into a pained scowl as the feelings overwhelmed him.

"No...stop," he muttered, green eyes wide and raw with terror. "I can't....NO," he dunked his head into the water, and soon his body followed. Lost in his memories, it would be a matter of time before he drowned completely and died. A pale red tinged the clear water as the blood from his mouth and shoulder seeped into the river and he dipped lower and lower underwater.
Nico is aiming for the Scout and Mercenary trades

PM me for trade threads anytime :)
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Life trudged on, the gradual slip from summer to autumn becoming obvious as the days shortened and the weather cooled, cool stretches becoming more and more common. Their numbers were small, and yet she had no inclinations to leave. She went on with pack life, steadfast in her duty, though her past illness had brought weariness to her for a week. She felt recovered, better, now, and with nothing better to do she headed for the Thicket.

A part of her was waiting. A new, awakened part, how curious it was in it's intentions and thoughts. Part of her was waiting for Nico. He had not been seen since her unfortunate incident, and she had come to the conclusion that he was busy with his pack, and perhaps, did not wish to see her again till she would not have any chance of vomiting on him. The thought may have stung a little, but she saw the reason in it, and anyway, it was unlikely he felt thus, in her opinion. 

His scent. Fresh, and it hung heavy in the air, entwined with another. Blood. She halted, ears twisting atop her skull, mouth open partway as she inhaled the air, search for a trade of the scent. It was no preyblood, that she scented here. Wolfblood. She exhaled sharply, paws leading her at a stalking lope after his scent, he was easy to track. Agitation led a swift speed to her paws, it was quickly, fortunately, that she found him. 

He slipped below the surface of the water, tinged red in hue, and she growled, a low and angry sound, and one of fear. Fortune had led her here, she was a strong swimmer from all her weeks on the isle, and she did not fear the liquid. Her legs propelled her ever onward, toward the pool in silence driven by fear, protectiveness, and a rage at why her friend was like this. This volatile mixture of emotion set her nerves on fire, adrenaline surged as she dove after him, legs churning as she swum toward him, jaws searching for a grip on his scruff, and obtaining a rather awkward one. As soon as a grip was established, she clenched her jaws and reversed her momentum, muscles screaming as she tried to swim toward the surface,  the pale light that represented respite for her lungs. Fear and rage, fear that she had been too late, that something had gone horribly wrong, and rage, an all-consuming one directed at the shadow-figure which had somehow caused this.
facilis descensus averno
The Weak are Cruel, the Strong have no Need to be.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
I hope that you don't mind me jumping in :P DRAMA!

Shalon had been partolling the borders of the Court when she found Nico's scent leading out of the territory. At first she continued on her way, although she wasn't focused on the borders anylonger. Coming back to her senses, thinking for a moment. Where was her going? Surely he wouldn't leave, or go far? Huffing loudly, she shook her head rougly. Shalon couldn't let it go, she back tracked and ventured after his scent.

As she came to the Thicket Shalon found a sight she never hoped to see. Nico was being dragged out of the water, his wounds leaking blood slowly. This was bad enough, until she realized that the pale female from the border was dragging her friend from the water. A growl emitted from her chest as she rushed forward, "Hey!" She yelled at the female, "Stay away from him." Shalon couldn't tell if he was dead or alive, she could only hope the he lived.
✶☽ victory stands on the back of sacrifice ☾✶
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
182 Posts
Ooc — Avery
Images flashed through his mind, and with them came the feelings. The pain and anger, the feeling of lost, and ultimately hopelessness. Slowly, he lost his grip of his consciousness and began to drown in his memories.....little did he realise that ouside of his mind, he was literally drowning in water and was about to die. Nico did not feel anything, did not know that someone had jumped into the water and grabbed hold of him, attempting to save him from his death. Too lost was he in his whirlpool of emotions and memories and the fading blackness that threatened to take over everything.

Even if he managed to make it to the surface, he would not awaken immediately and he definitely would not know that his friends were fighting over him. No, he would only know the coldness of darkness and maybe, soon, he would see the pale light filtering through the trees....

sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Her legs were burning, thrashing as she finally broke the surface. Dimly, the voice of another, but that was of no concern. Now her muzzle broke through, air, glorious air, relieved her lungs. Somehow, her paws found purchase, and she dragged her limp comrade slowly toward shore, tired greatly by her rescue attempt. Attempt. Was he alive? But as she stood beside him, regaining her breath and eyeing the lump that was Nico, her gaze fell on another.

The voice she had heard returned to her, the words echoing in her mind as she slowly turned to the other. Expression, emotionless. Truly...not so much. Rage, rage bubbled within her. This...this bitch was attempting to stop her from checking on the silver soldier.  Her gaze was flame as it burned into the other drawing her words beneath her like arsenal for the verbal spew she was about to deliver. She was slipping into the rage that she kept carefully under check most of the time, which she couldn't. She could not afford to beat up this stupid woman while Nico potential died in the background. She drew herself up, staring at the other. "No. You stay away, bitch. Some fucking pack you are. Had I not been here, Nico would have died." Her formal, collected composer dissolved, and she lapsed into silence, trembling once at the extent of her temper. 

But worry for Nico far outweighed her anger, in a sudden, swift moment, she spoke again, tongue lashing as a viper. "Do not come near. You have no place here." she said, before half turning, eye still on the other as she attended to Nico. Memories of their past meeting flooded her, and her gut twisted with a fierce worry, and she simultaneously came to terms with a few things, which, she perhaps knew all along. Tenderly, trembling the slightest with barely restrained emotion and exhaustion, she nosed his fur his wounds, detecting the rise and fall of his chest, the tremble of a pulse. Had he inhaled water? She was no medic, but she knew that water in must come out. She nudged him, carefully, attempting to flip him onto his side, a better position in which to recover and in which to enact her plan should she discover that he had, in fact, swallowed water. She did not know of the extent in which she trembled as she did her best to help him, with worry and emotion and exhaustion, with the hope that the other would not attack, with rage.
facilis descensus averno
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon watched with worry as the female and her friend breached the water. It was during this time that she realized this woman was indeed helping. Shalon came forward, she had held her tongue and her temper while her friend was rescued by another. Begrudgingly the words of apology sticked to her tongue, she was about to thank the woman, but she spoke first. And Shalon's eyes widened, and narrowed sharply. She came closer, more slowly this time. Allowing the woman to check on him, she had rescued him after all, and didn't seem to be aggressive towards the male. She could not defend her pack, for the words she had spoken were true. If Aeronwyn had not been present Nico would have died. She stopped mid step when she mentioned Shalon had not place here. She continued on her pace however. Taking a deep breath, she tried to keep a cool head. "I thank you for saving my packmate." She stared the woman down, "But I think you will find that you have no place here stranger."

Shalon slowly looked away fromt he woman and down at Nico, a sad gaze claiming her silver orbs. I am so sorry Nico. She thought to herself, slowly dipping her head down, she nosed him, hoping beyond hope that he would at least awaken. She looked back up at the other woman, she didn't attack as that would be dishonourable, but she could at least realize that this was her packmate. He was now her responsibility.
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
182 Posts
Ooc — Avery
He coughed, the water spilling from his maw as he slowly began to regain consciousness, eyes widening ever so slowly, pulling himself out from the dark that threatened to engulf him, and the red tainted memories that almost caused him his life in first place. He locked them behind a mental room in his mind and brought himself back into the present, still coughing. When Nico looked up, he saw Aeronwyn, and then he saw Shalon and his heart clenched in misery. He'd thought to delay this until much later, but it appeared that he wouldn't have much of a choice now. "Hey, guys," he managed before collapsing into a fit of coughs once more.

When he had began to regain consciousness, he had managed to catch the last of Shalon's words and now, the corner of his lip quirked up in a half-hearted attempt to smile. "I think," he said softly, coughing halfway, his eyes watering with tears before blinking them away. "I think....you'll find that...she has just as much right to be here...as..." he swallowed, then smiled, closing his eyes as he did so, "you, Shalon." he finished wearily, the simple effort to speak taking the toll on him. However, he still opened his eyes to observe their reactions, wondering when the inevitable question would be asked.

sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
The woman did not seem surprised to hear that Aeronwyn knew the name of her packmate, but she did have the audacity to suggest that she did not belong here. Her gaze narrowed, and she opened her maw to deliver a report, but did not move from her position, half crouched over Nico. "I-" He spoke. She relaxed in the slightest, tremendously relieved. 

There were a number of ways, however, the wraith may have finished that sentence. "I saved him" "I think you have much less place being here then I do."
"I love him."
Of course, all of these things went unsaid, the latter being a rather new and alarming feeling that the wraith thought she may have identified at last. Perhaps, love was too strong a word. Very much like or slightly love didn't quite do it, though, and she had yet to identify the intensity of her emotion, though it was placed under stress here. Nico, she had discovered, was more than a friend. Though she could not voice it, save for in the direst of situations. For love was a fantasy, a story, to her. Not something tangible, as she felt now. And it unnerved her, as many things had since she had first met the male. 

His trademark grin, a few slow words. It caused the ghost of a smile to dance on her lips, she ignored the other for now as she looked at him. But the rage, diminished was still there, though for now overcome by relief. "Nico." The first word was unsteady, it portrayed emotion, relief, thankfulness. "How do you come by these wounds? Who has done this?" she said, voice fairly even, but soft. Following up what she could and would do to his supposed attacker seemed a bad idea, and instead she glanced quickly at the other female. For now, she supposed, they were on even ground.
facilis descensus averno
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon looked down at Nico quickly as he started coughing, she smiled softly at his attempted grin and reassurance. She listened carefully, his words spoken quietly. She wished she hadn't listened so closely, finding the sting more hurtfully than she would have imagined. So not only did he know her. But he seemed to know he well. At least well enough to be on the same standing as her. She would take a sligthly step back, her sadened expersion returning. She looked back at the female across from her, who was she? Emotions she rarely felt. Jealousy. Envy. Sadness. Why would he defend her? She remained quiet though, this wasn't the time.

Her question was logically, Shalon too wanted to know the answer. Shalon had assumed it had been the woman, but if she had inflicted these wounds she wouldn't be questioning them. She looked between the two, although her gaze came to rest on Nico. Awaiting his answer.
Shalon's Pawprints 
182 Posts
Ooc — Avery
Hello to you too, he said in reply to Aeronwyn saying his name, his tone teasing as he breathed in and out quietly, his eyes remaining closed, too weary to open them, and perhaps, a part of him was too cowardly to face the two of them. He knew that sooner or later, he would have to tell them the truth, and make a choice, and really, a part of him just wasn't ready for those decisions. He just....wasn't.

Sorry, he muttered, that we have to meet under these circumstances. A frown marred his forehead and he let out a tired sigh, wondering if this episode was a one off or if it would happen again.

At Aero's question, he smiled bitterly, his muscles relaxing as he succumbed to the coolness of the earth, breathing quietly. I....did this, he admitted with a tired sigh, his mind already forming answers for the inevitable question that would soon be asked.

sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
The woman did not contest Nico's word, nor hers, and she paid her no mind.  But Nico gained the brunt of her attention, as she nosed delicately over his shoulder wound. As he spoke, and odd feeling twisted her gut, she paused with her muzzle just above his wound, chest contracting a moment as she processed this. He had injured himself. He had, on his own violation, drowned himself, or attempted to. For the woman who was in the process of delving into her odd, new feelings for the silver soldier, this struck a blow.

The other was ignored, as she lapsed into silence, not meeting his eyes yet. They were not intimately familiar with each other, though she placed a lot of trust in him, and he in her. This allowed them a bond, at least, in her view. Plus, there was the fact that she had vomited on him and he had not complained. 

But now her thoughts were far from that, and she did not immediately judge him, nor did she lash out in anger, but the blow delivered was harsh. Why would he harm himself? And thus she put her thoughts to a single word, eyes travelling up to meet his leaf green ones, questioning in her gaze as she delivered a single; "Why?" Even, but firm, and she spared a quick glance at the other wondering if he would trust her, let alone the other, to answer the single word.
facilis descensus averno
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
She was ignored, constricting he heart slowly as they spoke. Shalon grew angry, as she watched the two. Perhaps she wasn't need here. From there first conversation Shalon wasn't sure if Nico was going to stay, if he would ever feel at home within their pack. But he had stayed, longer than she thought reasonable if someone knew they weren't going to stay.

Although his self inflicted wounds spoke of how little he really trust anyone within their pack. How little he trusted her. Tears pricked at the corner of her eyes. Nico had hurt himself. She thought to the past he had vaguely touched on. One of violence and war. One of potential agony. Could this have been what he had talked about? Returning to the wars? To the danger and violence? Not being able to let go?

Getting over herself she took a step toward Nico. Shalon hoped that he trusted her, for she dreaded the moment he asked her to leave. The moment when she knew she had lost. Although Shalon wasn't sure what hurt more. The idea that Nico wouldn't return her feelings, or the look that Aerowyn now gave Nico. The care she didn't seem capable of maintaining. Shalon tried to catch Nico's apply green gaze, trying to find anything that indicated she was wanted.
Shalon's Pawprints 
182 Posts
Ooc — Avery
i wrote a novel for you guys :P lol

Contrary to what Shalon thought, she was not ignored, not in the slightest. Ever since Nico had regained consciousness, he'd kept an eye out on her, quietly observing her reactions and the emotions that flickered, however briefly, over her face and despite not knowing her long, he felt his heart clench in sympathy. Everything she'd done since he had waken was a clue of sorts, even though she had said next to nothing. He connected the dots and realised the fatal mistake he'd made, now staring in his face. With a start, Nico realised that he had been the kind of boy that he'd promised himself never to be, and a sickening feeling descended into his stomach.

None of that showed on his features, however. Instead, he'd opened his eyes and watched both Aeronwyn and Shalon's reactions to his words. Aero refused to meet his eyes as she absorbed the information he'd just fed her. He waited in tired silence as the silver fae lifted her eyes to his own and quietly asked the question he'd been expected. She did not appear to judge him, or appear angry, yet, and for that, he was thankful. Nevertheless, he was worried that when she found out, she would leave him for his weaknesses and so he sucked in a breath, a pained look crossing his face.

Slowly, Nico's green eyes wandered to Shalon and his ever keen gaze noticed with idle curiousity that she bore eyes of silver, much like Aeronwyn. However, he also noticed that her eyes appeared to glimmer with something else, and when he guessed what it was, his throat constricted and he bowed his head, his chest clenching around his heart uncomfortably as he realised the true extent of the pain he'd caused for those he cared so much about. 

Through his peripheral vision, he saw Shalon take a step towards him and finding his courage, he met her gaze, his eyes cool and calm but showing the care he felt towards her and he swallowed thickly, offering her a small smile. "Stay," he told her quietly, knowing that she must think herself an outsider and he was unwilling to make her more uncomfortable than she already was. Then, Nico turned his attention back to Aero, giving her a reassuring glance and the same smile he'd offered Shalon before heaving a soft sigh and pulling himself into a sitting position, his breathing coming out in gasps for a second or two.

Blinking, he regained control over his body and began his story. "I'm going to tell you a story and it will explain what just happened with me. I am a soldier," Nico stated, matter-of-factly, "it is a life of pain and sorrow, loss and grief, bloodshed and war. It is not a life suited for everyone, but I volunteered, and in it, I found....how should I explain this...I found wolves with similar purposes and a similar way of thinking. It was home, something I hadn't ever had and known, and for a while, despite the wars and battles we fought, I was happy. I knew that death was inevitable in my line of work, and though when it happened, it struck us all hard, we got over it eventually. Otherwise, we would never have volunteer in first place."

Nico took a deep breath, his gaze wandering from Aero to Shalon and back again, the green depths of his eyes lost in whirpools of pain and grief as the memories he'd suppressed slowly came back. "And then...there was this one battle where all of us...all of us in my regiment went out and fought. We were outnumbered and slaughtered, one by one. However, when one of the commanders from the opposite army realised that I was one of the high ranks, holding valuable information, he took me, and my blood brother in for interrogation," it was here that he took yet another deep breath, his heartbeat growing in speed as he recounted the story, the memories associated with it flitting through his mind rapidly.

"We were..tortured, extensively. Not only physically, but mentally as well but we didn't say anything. Our captors soon decided that since I was the one holding the valuable information, my friend was expendable. They told me that if I didn't tell, they would kill my him. He...he told me not to say anything, that he would rather die than be labelled a traitor and that I was more than that too....and I followed through with his wishes. That day, they killed him slowly and painfully, making me watch as he died in front of my eyes. To this day, I can still see the agony reflected in his gaze..." he trailed off and smiled bitterly. "The next day, I got rescued by a team of soldiers and taken back to my pack. I was given time off and promoted, as well as offered a reward of sorts for my bravery and resolve. If I stayed, I would've led a good life, I suppose, but it held too many bad memories and I left as soon as I could."

His eyes held a faraway glint in them as he remembered when they first started. "Then the nightmares started. I was a loner then, and always alone. The nightmares got worse and worse..until one day I woke up and saw a dead body in front of me. It appeared that I'd caused it, but I remembered nothing and I knew nothing of what had happened. Since then, I would forget bits and pieces and wake up not knowing where I was or what I'd done. I soon realised that when I 'forgot' or woke up some place else, I...how do I explain this..? When that happens...I'm another person, and that person, who goes by the name of Sargent," Nico's face twisted in disgust at that and unconsciously, his ears began to flatten against his skull, "that person is an arsehole. He...I don't even know how he's like since he's sort of in me and whenever he awakes, I'm not there and I know nothing of what he's doing or what he will do and I can't do anything about it. Sargent cannot be allowed to live. He kills and he's...nasty and he's very dangerous...because he's so desperately broken."

He searched their faces quickly for a hint of disgust or fear and felt himself swallowing thickly, unsure of why he was telling them things that could potentially rid him homeless. But Nico trusted them, both of them, enough to explain what was happening, even though he might have to ask them to kill him after this. "I met with an old friend of mine. A counselor, a therapist, if you will. He told me that Sargent is a manifestation of the guilt and anger I felt over my friend's death and until I can fully come to terms with it and forgive myself, or until I have 'acceptance' or....fall in love," he said with a straight face, "or whatever. Unless I do that, Sargent will always be lurking somewhere inside me. The last time when he arrived, I got rid of him by almost drowning. Apparently, the other guy has a fear for water and well, for some reason, he started surfacing more and more frequently in the last few days and if I let him out, he will slaughter and kill and I can't do that..I can't let him do that. I'll rather die and there's nothing I can do about it." Nico finished bitterly, eyeing the water with darkened eyes. 

"So, you see, I didn't do it on purpose....." his gaze flickered to Aero and he smiled a saddened smile, his eyes glimmering briefly with unshed tears before he blinked them away and sighed. "Aero," the nickname rolled off his tongue in a lilting accent. "I'll understand if you do not wish to associate yourself with me anymore," he told her, an understanding, yet still sad smile gracing his lips, "but I want you to know that I care for you very much, and to promise me that if you ever see me as Sargent, to kill me." he said to the silver fae before turning his attention to Shalon whom he regarded just as sadly, if not more. 

"Shalon," he murmured, "I'm truly sorry," he said. He cared for her very much as a friend, and a part of him was so selfish that he refused to tell her that yet, just in case Aero hated him. Because if Aero hated him, he would at least know that there was always Shalon to rely on. The moment that thought crossed his mind, he felt terrible and selfish and knew that Shalon deserved nothing less than a man's utmost devotion and he couldn't do that...not just yet. "I'm sorry...for everything," he apologised, as if he was already ready to die and was saying his last words. "Forgive me," Nico smiled, his eyes saying everything he couldn't say himself. Forgive me for the pain and sadness I have inflicted on you and will inflict on you. Forgive me for my playboy tendecie and for flirting when I knew what would eventually happen. Forgive me for leading you on. Forgive me, because I know how you feel and I can't return your feelings just yet. Give me time, and maybe, but until she lets me go...I hope she never lets me go.

But no one could read the words in his eyes and so, for all Shalon knew, Nico could simply be apologising for almost dying. Shalon could take his words the wrong way (preferably that. for drama purposes xD) and think that because of the hint of hopefulness in Nico's apple green gaze, that he was hoping for her to give him a second chance. He let her interpret his words and the brief twinkle in his eyes her own way and moved on to a more important subject at hand.

"Promise me, both of you, to keep this a secret and to kill me if he ever comes out. Please," Nico's eyes wandered from Aero's face to Shalon and he smiled sadly, bowing his head, a look of complete defeat gracing his face for the first time in a long time. And then, after a moment of silence, he spoke. "Personally, I don't think he'll be coming back anytime soon," he added, almost as an afterthought, the corner of his lip quirking upwards in a thoughtful smirk, although his brows were still furrowed from the rapidly decreasing amount of negativity he felt.

sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
She had fallen for him. Her, the stoic, bold wraith, had fallen for him,. She knew this now, as his words, his pain, echoed across to her, his words twisting the force that tightened her chest. It was not the raging love of lovers that she knew of from stories and tales, she doubted such a thing existed. But she felt for him as she would her small family, Malice, the pups, perhaps even Burke. His words, his tale, brought her pain, as much as should Malice have recited the same thing. 

She was ignorant of the other's pain of being ignored, yet truly, it would not affect her much. Too to many, she came off as an emotionless monster, but that she was not. Now, she was simply focused on Nico, and the tale he spun, and the way in which the words hurt her. He was a soldier. She could not have expected some kind of trouble-free, bright past. Neither would another think the same from her. But the hardship he had gone through was thus in the extreme, and the effects that he had suffered after, she simply had no word to describe his hardship. 

But still, she had hope. Her gaze never left his, and at the words of a wise friend, Aeronwyn's thoughts flickered to Burke. He was a therapist, a counselor, by trade. Perhaps, he could help. He had better be able to. But she did not bring this too light, and it was shoved aside, perhaps to be visited at a later time, as Nico continued speaking. Acceptance, come to terms, fall in love. Solutions, possible solutions, and ones she hoped would come to pass, one day. 

Much of this seemed surreal, for this did not seem to be a thing of which flirty, bold, confident Nico had within him, but the evidence lay before her. She did not find herself doubting his words, for between them was trust, an unspoken, but resolved trust. She listened, gaze on him, in silence and not betraying the hurt she felt. She did not feel disgust, nor fear of him, as his searching gaze may have thought. The fact made her slightly uneasy, that the male before her had such a monster within him. 

His gaz met hers, a sad smile and unshed tears glinted before being purged by a single blink. The amount of grief and sadness he felt was visible in his expression, sincere and tangible in it's form. Her nickname rolled from his maw, the words that followed provoked her to move forward, rest her muzzle on his forehead a moment before speaking softly, yet firmly. "Never. I care far too much for you, Nico." she said, lingering a moment longer before moving back. 

As for his comment on killing him, that went unanswered. But she felt like that was something she could never, never do. She had not killed for many, many months, and would not do so again. No, she would fight him, force him to water if she must, but she would rather risk injury then kill the male. As he addressed Shalon, then went on to address the both of them, this she knew, and though she did not utter it, her burning, stubborn gaze as it fell on him at his last words said all it needed to when he asked her to kill him. "Your words will stay with me, and only me." she said, looking to Shalon for her words before flicking her gaze back to Nico, to his wounds. They would need attending, and he had to make a choice, soon. Go with Shalon, or go with her. She knew very well who the choice might be, owing to their past conversations. But she did not plan for the future yet, just being here, with him, in this moment.
facilis descensus averno
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon paused once more, ever feeling the outsider in this encounter. Stay. He said. How could she. As he glanced between the two woman on either side, it was becoming more and more evident just how wrong she had been. One mistep at a time it seemed to her. Although he spoke to them both Shalon felt as though it was only for her benefit, she stood on the outside looking in. She couldn't understand the feelings constricting within her chest. She looked away, feeling intrusive. Shalon found her tail more facinating than the green orbs belonging to Nico.

Although she avoid his gaze she listened closely, and couldn't help close her eyes. This was all to terrible, Nico's past, his pain. Losing his brother. Shalon wouldn't be able to handle such things. She was in awe that Nico had at least in part. The Sargent wasn't his fault. All she wanted was to tell Nico that, it wasn't his fault none of this was. But she kept quiet. Held her tongue and took a deep breath. She held no disgust or fear, she only wished to comfort him.

Fall in love.

But not with me.

Aero.

Who are you?

Shalon slowly lifted her head, unable to stop herself from watching them. Watching him. Watching her. She cared for him, and he seeked her reassurances. She took several steps back, shaking her head. A tear or two finding their way down her cheeks. He was sorry? Any hope that Shalon might have found in Nico's gaze was dashed by Aero's step forward.

Shalon remained quiet, thinking about what Nico had told them both. His story. His apology. His wish. She looked at them both. Anger buried deep in her eyes.  "I will keep your secret Nicolas deWinter, only to honour your time with the Court." She spoke with a tone of past tense. "Would you really leave us Nico. We still need you." Shalon's silver eyes looked over Aeronwyn. She felt betrayl seep into her bones. "Should I ever meet this "Sargent" I will not hesitate to kill him. You have no need to worry." She looked at Nico once more, perhaps looking for one last glimpse of his apple green eyes.
Shalon's Pawprints 
182 Posts
Ooc — Avery
He watched as Aeronwyn stepped forward, resting her muzzle on his forehead and she spoke. A slow smile graced his lips at her words and unconsciously, he leaned into her touch, noticing that she'd lingered a moment longer than necessary before moving back. Nico's eyes twinkled and he looked at her, amused at what he saw in her silver eyes. She was stubborn and he could tell that she refused to kill him, and for that, a part of him was glad, because to be honest, he didn't really want to die. She promised that his words would stay only with him, and he turned to Shalon to hear what she had to say.

Nico's throat constricted umcomfortably when his green eyes landed lightly on Shalon's face. She'd shaken her head and a few teardrops rolled down her cheeks and without thinking about it, he pulled himself up so he stood, suppressing the wince of pain that threatened to break through his facade. He swallowed when she used his full name and said that she would keep his secret, but only to honour his time with the Court. And while Aero didn't seem to want to kill him, Shalon did...he wondered what he felt about that.

"Shalon," he said, his eyes pleading. "I'm so sorry," he said, taking a step forward, biting his lip adorably as he did so. "I...I didn't mean to..." make you fall for me? Nico shook his head, "I'm sorry for what I did....Aren't we friends?"

sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
"I will not hesitate to kill him"

Her head spun toward the other, eyes narrowed and hackles raised. Did the woman not understand that him was Nico? Very honourable of him and all, not to mention selfish, to ask for death. But that this woman was willing to comply to her supposed "packmates" wishes so quickly sent up about a dozen warning flares in the wraith's mind. She hissed beneath her breath, anger returning for a brief, heated moment. 

The other was clearly hurting, tears on her face, and Aeronwyn deflated as Nico stood. She would not fight. Perhaps this woman had felt something for the soldier, due to his flirtatious nature, it was hard to imagine that she did not. Maybe she was a little upset at being friend-zoned. She did not assist Nico as he stood, but drew herself up behind him warily, should he require help, and should the woman snap. She felt that he would not appreciate her assistance, not now. Not when Nico sought to lessen the horrible betrayal this woman probably felt. She simply watched in silence, ears drawn forward and gaze searching, at the scenario before her. Truly, a silent wraith.
facilis descensus averno
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon was not so daft as to realize that the Sargent was also her friend Nico. At the moment however she appeared to be the only one to heed his words. She would kill him. If the time came. It was no mere passing to kill someone. Should he hurt someone he cared for, such as Aero or any other within his pack she would not hesitate. This was the least she could do. She was the ultimate back-up considering the one who loved him swore never to kill him. Perhaps it was brought on by her distinct dislike for him at the moment, however she did not pledge the task lightly. As Shalon watched the two rise from their spot on the ground she could tell that Aero didn't understand her thoughts on the subject.

"You haven't done anything Nicholas. I have clearly been to ignorant to realize who foolish I was." Shalon watched him, "I have learned my lesson. And I won't be hurt in such a manner again." She laughed at herself, "I suppose I can only thank you for that." Taking a slow breath she thought of his last statement. "No." She said finally, "I am your packmate, for now at least until you decide to return to Aero. I cannot think of an relationship other than packmate right now Nico. Surely you must understand that." The pain of rejection was still so fresh on her soul. Her ignorance toyed with her, making her feel folish and idiotic. At the moment Nico deWinter was the main reason for such emotions. He had hurt her. Eventually she would realize it was her own fault, but right now it was to hard.

"What are you planning to do now Nico." Would you leave while the King is away? Would you run before speaking with your superiors? She thought, he should know the current status of the pack. He should know that they still needed him, much to Shalon's dismay. She knew he was needed and would not forsake her pack because of her petty feelings. It was better without feelings. She again thought silently. Distancing herself from her emotions for the good of her family. "Will you leave us?" She continued in her venture.
Shalon's Pawprints 
182 Posts
Ooc — Avery
She told him that he hadn't done anything and that it was her who was too ignorant to realise how foolish she was but that she'd learnt her lesson and she would no longer be hurt in such a manner again. At that, his brows creased in a frown. Surely, he hadn't hurt her that badly, right? After all, he hadn't...cheated on her, or professed his undying love or something. They've never really even acknowledged her feelings for him and he'd only ever playfully flirted with her. Yes, Nico knew that it might hurt a bit to know that someone whom you had a crush on liked someone else, but surely, it wasn't enough to hate someone...especially if you really liked them.

Shalon told him that she was simply his packmate until he decided to 'return to Aero' and that she couldn't think of another relationship other than packmates and that surely, he must understand it. "No, I don't," he told her simply, "I understand that I have led you on and flirted with you, and I know you have feelings for me, but I haven't cheated on you, or told you I returned your feelings. You haven't even told me about them, I figured it out, myself. I know I've done wrong and I've done nothing but apologise for everything and how I've led you on. But, we aren't even together, you never even officially told me how you felt. How, how on earth will I understand the fact that you don't even want to be friends with me, anymore? Is it because you hate her? Because, if not, please, by all means, enlighten me." He was by no means angry, but his words were stern and his eyes narrowed, though they still pleaded for her to explain. 

"I don't fuckin' know, do I?" Nico exploded at her next question. She talked as if he had it all figured it out already, but the thing was, he didn't. He didn't plan on this happening, for god's sake. Ugh. He screwed his eyes shut and his breathing increased rapidly. "Fuck you," he muttered and his eyes opened, the gentle green holding a glint in them and he cocked his head, a smirk tugging at the edge of his lips, "Well, what do we have here?" he drawled, his posture relaxing into one of nonchalence. 

His gaze drifted from the girl in front of him to the silver wraith behind him and the smirk grew even wider as he chuckled softly, "My, my," he looked around, "Nicolas has been busy." He grinned, "Never thought that guy would ever get himself a girl, much less, two pretty girls." His eyes twinkled. "How's he doing?" He rolled his eyes, "As if I care. That idiot's basically a figment of my impressive imagination. Anyways, now that's he's gone for good, I think I'm going to..." his eyes landed on Shalon and he smiled, "you. What's up, pretty girl?"

He had noticed Aeronwyn, but for some strange reason, decided that he was better off not hitting on her. Perhaps it was Nico inside him, telling him not to hit on the girl he liked.

Whatever, Nico was gone, and now, now was his time and he was going to end up getting his way anyways, one way or another. "Sargent Alexander, at your service." He bowed, smiling the same charming smile that Nico used, the same smile that often caused ladies to swoon and blush and fall on his feet, their feet; Sargent's smile had the exact same effect that Nico's did.

sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Tension brewed, and though Aeronwyn knew stepping in would simply cause worst tension, she longed to. She had no knowledge of the affairs of the two, but from Nico heated words, she caught a glimpse of it. It was at her next question that events suddenly seemed to shift. He swore, obviously angered, and Aeronwyn stepped forward, alarmed at the intensity of his anger as he swore another time, eyes squeezing shut. 

Her pelt prickled, unerved as his demeanor visibly shifted. Not much had the potential to do so, but this, awakening another side of Nico, did. And then the thing spoke. It's words, the Sargent's words, carried withing them a grain of what was Nico, but so much more...drawling. Malicious. Her stance was one of hyper-alertness, ears drawn forward, eye's trained on the male as she contemplated her options, attempting to tune out the chilling words. This Sargent was not aggressive, yet, it seemed. The way Nico spoke of himself with disdain was chilling, and made it hard to focus on rearranging her whirling thoughts. 

She decided on a plan, half-formulated and possibly doomed, but should this fail, she could resort to violence to attempt to subdue him. She moved, gracefully, quietly, toward Sargent, for that was who he was in this moment. She shot a look at Shalon, anger burning through for a brief moment. Back off. The message was clear, the bitch had done enough. The wraith drew up beside the male, regarding him cooly, viewing, out of her peripheral vision, the water she had just pulled Nico out off. His bow and charming smile were lost on her, she was focused on Nico, not this Sargent. She would get Nico back. 

She did not care that he was not aggressive, not yet. Nico had explained all too well what this Sargent was capable of, and she shall not allow him to fester. She circled around him, moving to block his view of Shalon. Head high, unafraid, she stepped forward,  quickly closing the distance between the two and meeting the males eyes, the same green ones she had snuck a glance at once or twice. "Sargent. I do believe we were just about to go for a swim." She stated, voice not as even as she would have liked. It was a warning, a statement. This was Nico. No, it wasn't. This was wrong.

Her stare was cool, stance tensed and ready. She was not her relaxed, indifferent self, and the cracks showed in her facade. Shalon's earlier words echoed in her mind, and she knew that the woman must not be allowed to approach, if only to drive Nico- Sargent to the water. She took another step forward, then another, silently attempting to force him backward. Should this not have been Nico, she would have attacked immediately, but she held a tiny patch of hope that he would return without violence. A stupid, stupid hope.
facilis descensus averno
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon shook her head, "Have you never harboured feelings for another, only to suddenly find they will never return your feelings. I need space Nico. From you specifically. So I can get over these childish emotions." Was he truly so self centered that he need her friendship at this very moment? For all to be forgiven in a single minute? It was unreasonable for him to expect her feelings to disappear into mid air. Perhaps she was being harsh, she knew how feeble her emotions had been, but still. This had been her first crush. Weren't first crushes the worst to get over? Shalon wouldn't even mention the fact that Aeronwyn was not in the good books in regards to the Court. Maybe later she would.

It appeared as though she couldn't get her answer out fast enough though, and that his anger towards their current distance had caused a rift in his personallity. Shalon stood taller, her ears peaked on high alert. This was different. Nico was gone. Although she was still hurt she found no joy in Nico's suffering. And only raised a brow at the Sargents question. When Aeronwyn stepped forward, the pointed look was not well taken. Had this idiot not heard what she had said. Sargent was dangerous, but if Nico could be saved Shalon wasn't going to stand in the way of that. Despit herself, however, if this Sargent attaked Aeronwyn well Shalon would live up to her promise. To her own dismay, Shalon knew that Nico would never forgive himself if he hurt Aero.

"What a coincedence, Sargent. We were all just talking about you." Shalon gave him a forced grim smile. Aero tried to persuade him to go for a swim. Although Shalon had thought he was afraid of the water, would he willingly agree to go for a swim. Shalon stayed where she was, allowing Aeronwyn to do what she wished to get Nico back. Shalon could think of little she could do, except wait for Sargent to do something stupid.
Shalon's Pawprints 
182 Posts
Ooc — Avery
Nico hadn't had an unrequited crush before....actually, he did, but eventually, they turned around and decided to date him, so truth to be told, he couldn't really relate well to Shalon's words. Luckily, or unluckily, however, he didn't have time to reply as a horrible headache seized him and he was forced to depart as his alter ego took over, eager to be out in the world after such a long time of being suppressed.

He wasn't going to back down or retreat easily. This was the first time Sargent had been out of Nico's suffocating mind for ages, and he wasn't going to let this opportunity go to waste.

So, Sargent watched with concealed amusement as the silver fae moved towards him, shooting the other female a look before circling around him, blocking his view of the girl he was trying to woo. At that, he frowned, "Aww, c'mon. I wasn't done," he said, before sighing and rolling his eyes in a show of dramatic annoyance. At Shalon's words, however, he perked up and smirked, "Nicolas does love me, doesn't he? To talk about me while I'm imprisoned inside his brain.....I bet he's secretly in love with me, which is rather ironic.... did you know he once had a boyfriend? He was hot, too. Really hot." he frowned, "Not that it matters, I suppose, since he does like you; he genuinely likes you, which is strange." Sargent's green eyes zeroed in on Aero's face, a cruel smirk tugging at the edge of his lips at her suggestion, saying that they were about to go for a swim. He noticed how she didn't seem as steady as she would've liked and as she began to step forward, attempting to drive him into the water, he couldn't help but laugh.

"I can see why Nico likes you now," Sargent chuckled in amusement and he narrowed his eyes almost thoughtfully, standing his ground. "You like him too, don't you? Have you told him?" He didn't give her a chance to answer. "I hope you have, sweetheart, because Nicolas isn't coming back anytime soon; he's never, ever coming back." His gaze flickered to Shalon, lips pulled back in a sharp-toothed smile. "Never. Poor, little soldier boy is gone, forever." He took a step back, deciding to play with the girl's game. "Lover boy's gone forever, and he'll never know how you felt!" he sang, cruel amusement dancing in his sharp green eyes.

"But don't worry," Sargent spoke to Shalon now, taking yet another step back. "You've got me. And trust me, sweetheart, I'm wayyyy better than Nicolas. That shitbag didn't deserve you," he looked at the silver fae and smiled as well, "or you, for that matter. He doesn't deserve anyone. Never has, never will. Never coming back!" He let loose a melodic laugh and turned, gracefully leaping into the water. He stayed there, submerged for a moment, before breaking the surface, a grin on his lips, green eyes gleaming. "That idiot forgot to tell you, didn't he?" Sargent's smirk only grew, "I will only go if I'm drowning to death and even so, I'm strongest when I've fully emerged for the first time after months of suppression. So, you won't be getting rid of me for a while," He sang. "I mean, never.

sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
He laughed.

Rage sparked, beginnings of a heated fire throbbing through her veins. His words, his cruel, vindictive words sparked truth, and yet she did not waver. She stopped her approach, hackles raised and gaze burning, but listened in silence, which was her first mistake. She should have cut him off, turned off the stream of taunting words. 

Then she felt something she had never, never felt in the longest time. Fear. She could deal with enemies, traitors, slavering jaws and fangs. But this- this entity that was a part of Nico, who she could not harm, unerved her. His taunting words, of how Nico would never return, gave her fear. She longed to rush him, all instinct dictated she should sink her fangs into his flesh. But this was Nico. He was still there, she didn't care what this thing said. And she would find him. 

"Lover boy's gone forever, and he'll never know how you felt!"

This was going wrong, horribly, horribly wrong. The Sargent's words struck true, and her tail lashed, rage blossoming now like a bonfire. She tensed, against the force that dared her to spring and fight. Then the Sargent spoke, to Shalon, and turned. The male sail gracefully into the water, and for a moment, Aeronwyn thought Nico had won. He was back. But then the form of the male broke the surface again, and Sargent's voice rang out, hatefully, goading words. 

The femme straightened, standing rigid a moment and staring at the thing before her. 

"Sargent cannot be allowed to live. He kills and he's...nasty and he's very dangerous...because he's so desperately broken."

No. She couldn't. She could not kill this male, and the fact that she could not she knew too well.

"a manifestation of the guilt and anger I felt"

She stepped forward, until her forelegs were in the water. Could his body take it? Almost drowning, again? His words echoed in her mind, as well as the singing ones of Sargent. Her muscles tensed, her stare on the male before her. "Nico." she stopped, gaze on the males apple green one, searching, for a piece of Nico. "I think that I love you, Nico." she said, quietly, mind made up in that moment. 

Then she leapt, into the water, jaws agape and searching for a grip on the male. She couldn't talk, let this play out. She could not, and her weakness pained her, as did everything about this situation. She hit water, so near the male, and immediately 
 sought a grip on his scruff, a foreleg attempting to drape over him to further her grip. Her back legs thrashed against the water, attempting to get atop the male and subdue him. Drown him.
facilis descensus averno
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon narrowed her eyes, "No one likes you." She whispered, he seemed vile. Shalon shook her head, angry at the mocking of this creature. She followed their steps toward the water, taking a few extra steps. Coming to stand beside her enemy, Aero. Perhaps for the moment at least they could be allies, at least until Nico was returned to them the she-devil.

Nico. The pale woman spoke, I think I love you. Her heart clenched hearing Aero's words. But watching Sargent made her stronger. Her resolve solidified. How dare he try and steal Nico's happiness, even if it was with an enemy of their pack.

She smiled forcefully, as the Sargent addressed her, "Well aren't I just the luckiest girl." Shalon rolled her eyes, did he really believe that she would fall for such a line. Even though he mocked them both, Shalon knew one thing. Nico would be back. It was Aeronwyn who made the first move toward their joint goal. Shalon wasn't sure if jumping in was the best move, but she shook her head at the rashness, before jumping in too. She too reached for a limp to hold, trying to manuver herself to push the creature into the water. She wouldn't drown with him!

Shalon tried to contain her coughing as water filled her nose. She wasn't the best swimmer, but there was no way she was going to wait by the side lines. She would fight for her friend, even if she could handle thinking of him as a friend. Nico was a friend and most of all a packmate.
Shalon's Pawprints 
182 Posts
Ooc — Avery
He could see the effect his words had on the silver wraith. He saw how her hackles bristled, saw the way her tail lashed in anger, but he also noticed that she did not attack him. Instead, she stood there, tense, muscles taut beneath her pale pelt. She resisted the urge, disobeyed her instincts...for what? Nicolas. Truly, Sargent wondered why. His alter ego used to be someone interesting, someone worth being friends with, someone worth fighting for. He used to be someone Sargent liked.

But then, he descended into madness. Nicolas wove his spider web, caught those unlucky enough and manipulated them to do his bidding, he was charming, but he was cruel, way crueler than Sargent himself. He played people, made them live for the sole purpose of pleasing him, made them dance for him; they became his puppets, and him, their master. 

Nothing could bring him back; he was gone, or so they thought.

When Nico surfaced from his madness, he had changed drastically. He became so...suppressed, so...respectful, so...scared of the possibilities. He kept to himself, repressed himself, became-became so controlled and so unlike who he really was. Sargent knew Nico better than most, of course he knew, he shared the same body, even the same mind as his alter ego.

And while Nico might've told others that the two of them were enemies, Sargent knew better. Nico needed him to live, just as Sargent needed him to survive. Sargent represented the past he so hated, the past he wanted to escape from, and the past he so desperately needed. He represented everything Nico wanted, everything that he used to be, good and bad, and everything he loathed. 

Sargent was who he was, and despite whatever Nico said, his alter ego needed him. Nicolas deWinter needed Sargent to live and prosper and survive, and while he might deny it, Sargent knew what the truth was, and he relished in the fear that he knew Nico would've felt. This was his fate, and neither of them would be able to escape it. They could only accept it.

"Now I'm hurt, sweetheart," Sargent's face morphed into one of mocking hurt and he grimaced at Shalon's words. Despite his seemingly malicious exterior, the man was not as cruel as others made him to be, as unfeeling as others wanted him to be. He had emotions, just as every other wolf had, and even he could feel things other than anger, frustration and indifference. Nico obviously wanted him to be some sort of monster, unfeeling and merciless, because it would be easier for him to think of his alter ego as some sort of unwanted creature. But the truth was far from that; they both knew it.

With every step the wraith took, Sargent swam backwards. He knew what she wanted to do, what she wanted to accomplish, and he couldn't let her do it. He simply couldn't. She spoke to him-no, not to him, to Nico. She told Nico that she might love him and Sargent sent her a pitying look. "He won't hear you," he replied, "and I'm not Nico." I won't ever be Nico. She leapt into the water, and instinctively, Sargent swam away, away from her jaws. "You don't understand," he called, his voice eerily calm as he attempted to excape from this disaster. "Even if you do manage to drown me. Nico can't come back. He can never come back," Sargent smiled, a grim smile but dancing with cruel humour. Cruel, mocking humour.

"Nicolas needs me to live. Without me, he is nothing, and he cannot survive. He knows that, but he'll rather die than accept it," Sargent smiled sardonically, watching with impassive green eyes as the other girl followed the silver fae. "He's a selfish little bastard. You might think you know enough, but-" he kicked at the water, swimming urgently away, "-he hasn't told you everything. Bastard has a suicidal wish," Sargent laughed humourlessly, "You're giving him what he wants. What you don't want."

And with that, realisation dawned.

He allowed them to push him down into the water, allowed them to do whatever they wanted with him. He would obey, he would drown, if that was what they wanted him to do. And when it was all good and done....they would see what they'd really done.

And then they would know, they would see, they would realise that they shoud've listened to him all along.

His lips hitched upwards into a shadow of a smirk and he submerged.