Two Rivers Isle 10,000 emerald pools
27 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
hunting thread! AW :)

He had work to do now that he bore the title of Stalker, something he had promised Malice to fulfill. Amos wandered, his legs eventually taking him to an unfamilar spot in the territory. As unfamiliar as it may have been, it smelled strongly of prey -- mostly small game but if he was lucky, larger game could even show up. The scents were too mingled for him to pick apart, another skill he could work on as he worked towards his hunting skills. He knew that if something as large as a deer were to show up, he'd need others to back him up, and even if he were to only find small game, the more the better.

The dark-furred male tipped his head up, a low, melodious howl rising from his throat. He called out a friendly message inviting anyone to come join him then dropped his head back down, waiting patiently for an appearance.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke heard from Malice previously that Amos was labeled as a stalker because he was working on his hunter trade. Burke himself thought that it was good that they were getting more of a diverse team. He had recently a bonding moment with Liekos so when he heard a howl from Amos himself he was keen to respond. Even though he was his lord that didn't mean he would sit on his throne and don't do anything. He rather liked to stay active otherwise he might stagnate. The male did notice that he was getting a bit older by now.

The grey tank howled in return that he was coming over. it didn't take him long to reach the younger male. "Amos," he greeted, unsure why he called for help but he assumed that it was about someone helping with a hunter trade. There were a few deer on the island that would cross the river.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
27 Posts
Ooc —
A howl was exchanged, and it was not long before the older alpha male came into sight. "Burke," he responded, giving him a respectful head dip. "I suppose you can guess why I called," he began, voice like that of a businessman though the faintest trace of a smile was on his lips. He knew he wore the title of Stalker and he had to adhere to it, of course.

"I was wondering if you'd like to hunt with me," Amos spoke, nodding off towards the distance as if to indicate the various scents he had picked up on. He turned back to Burke, taking in the male's powerful presence. Though he was aging, it didn't seem to impact him negatively. Just like Malice, he would give his utmost respect to Burke. Going on a hunt with him was already somewhat exhilirating, and he couldn't wait to show the alpha what he could do, although it wasn't like he was a total expert.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was greeted by the dark male and as he expected it was clear that it was a hunting howl. Burke was more than ready to have a hunt. He could use a meal, all of them could, plus he could see how well the other was working on his stalker trade. Burke was pleased.

"Yes, I would," he spoke and nodded. "I will let you take the lead on the hunt then, so you can show your skills. I will help out," he offered to the man and nodded firmly. Burke had already established his leadership and did not sense any thread from this male.

Burke was more than willing to let him show his skills, beside he was not in that much of his prime anymore and he might miss something the young male wouldn't.
27 Posts
Ooc —
Amos couldn't help but let a warm smile slip to his features. He couldn't wait to show the Alpha what he could do, and the chance of slipping in a few extra moments of practice was something he'd gladly take. He dropped his muzzle to the ground, inhaling deeply in attempts to pick up a scent. The smell was earthy but contained something else -- definitely something edible. The male lifted his head up, turning to Burke.

"There seems to be a few rabbits that have passed by," he reported, dropping his nose back towards the ground. "Their trails are not stale, but they are mixed in with smell of the other flora and fauna," Amos said, seemingly admitting that he wasn't skilled enough quite yet to easily separate scents.

The scent was clearer once he locked on to it, his legs subconciously taking him along the trail. Once he realized he had started to leave with Burke, he shook his head and came to a halt. "Follow me," he said, recollecting his thoughts for a moment.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke watched the male and followed as he tracked. His face instantly fell a bit when the tracker spoke of rabbits. He cleared his throat. "Amos, have you perhaps not noticed we are surrounded by water," he spoke. "We do not have rabbits on this island because they can't swim and avoid water. So I think it is highly unlikely that you sniffed out a rabbit. Perhaps you are mistaking this scent for a raccoon?," he spoke, alas it was only practice of course but that was something this male would need to focus on if he wanted his hunter trade. Burke had the feeling this would come with experience.

Burke followed him nevertheless. After all now he was curious what this male had scented. Or what he thought was a rabbit. It could be something that was related to the rabbit. Burke knew a few things about Hunting, only because he had years of experience.