Ouroboros Spine the mind can only take so much
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Private 
I forgot to ask you if there was a specific place you wanted this thread so I tried to keep it in Great Bear Wilderness since it appears that's where she's located for the most part according to your/Minna's threadlog. So, I hope this is ok. @Minna ^-^ edit. you get my 100th post with riptide/arturo~

His desire to continue expanding his medicinal and poison caches drew the sea witch from Stavanger Bay in search of something he had not already cultivated. He'd amassed a good bit of both: had even found a small garden that one of the Bay's previous tenants — since an overgrown medicinal garden left him with no other assumption — had kept and thought it was much too late in the season for anything to bloom he had seized what he could, careful not to disrupt the roots or otherwise kill the plants so that come spring they may breach the earth in bloom once more. It was a time consuming and arduous task but Riptide was patient. He knew he could not reap benefits if he did not first sow and nurture the seeds.

The gangster had been allowed his time, his fun and now it was his turn. Riptide's fiery red-orange gaze settled on the giant bowl and interior lake nestled within the protective embrace of the short, squat mountains in a ring. He padded through the muck and what was left of the forest, a giddy sort of excitement thrumming within his veins as he ventured into the mud, delighted that he'd found a territory that was a prime breeding ground for poisonous and medicinal plants. The only matter was of finding them, as to which he set to work on with an unbridled determination, not really paying attention to much else.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
And so she had wandered, away from her two friends, and farther then she ought have.  But it all seemed perfectly fine too her, she had a tendany to wander and the others knew that. But this land she had not explored in her general travels,  and it was of great interest to her as she went. 

The scent of another distracted her from her explorations, a male.  She stopped, pivoting to locate the scent, interested, perhaps,  in speaking with one that may have knowledge of these lands. Her gaze locked unto a dark form, and she made her way toward it, chuffing a quick greeting as she neared.
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
i was listening to animals by maroon 5 when i wrote this, which seemed like an appropriate song considering, lol. :p

The coywolf nudged away some mud from a sprout of green that nearly submerged it, a sad stock of green sticking out of the thick, sticky mud. He dug it out, splaying his belly with fat droplets of mud, Riptide not the vain personality and thus being covered in mud didn't overly concern him. In fact, if Riptide had his way all the tine, which to his dismay he did not, he would have been covered in salt water and blood of his kills. Arturo was (besides vain) much more cleanlier than the sea witch who really couldn't be bothered with such vanity. When enough of the plant was exposed Riptide sniffed at it, but as it still smelled like the silt it had been nearly covered in he tentatively reached out and bit off a tiny bit of it, chewing thoughtfully, slowly, careful not to swallow in case it was poisonous. He realized a few seconds later that it wasn't anything but a regular old weed and disgruntled the sea witch spat out the tiny bit he'd chewed, scowling fiercely at the otherwise inoffensive plant.

The sound of approaching footfalls through the thick mud proceeded the quick chuff of greeting though it wasn't until the chuff that Riptide turned from his search to face her. He sniffed at the air, trying to analyze her scent, while his fiery red-orange eyes took her in, slowly, with the care of an artist taking in a masterpiece. Oh! And what a masterpiece she was. Her coat was a mixture of colors, her eyes the color of amber, bearing an intelligence. The spirits were whispering, frantic, giggling around him, unchained and unmuzzled by the sea so far from it as Riptide was. Yet, the sea witch tuned them out until they were just a buzz. He had more important and interesting things to focus on than their chilling chatter.

There was no rhyme or reason to his obsessive tendencies, and it was quite annoying to not know when it would take hold. Yet, without knowing anything about her, Riptide could feel the beast rise from it's slumber and take hold, sinking teeth and claws into him. “Hello,” The sea witch returned her greeting, canting his head ever-so-slightly to the side, resisting the urge to purl his words at her, his ears slicking back to rest atop his skull at half mast.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean