Otatso Wetlands When I had laid it on the floor
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Saena's brows crinkled further when Stark divulged that she had chased Octavia out of the pack. Saena had sent many wolves packing from the maplewood during her rule. She had almost no tolerance for disloyalty and readily acted upon it. But who is Octavia? She didn't easily recall the names of those she'd sent away. In fact, most of the time they were chased away from the borders. She opined that those she'd chased away from the pack proper weren't worth remembering, with the exception of Reek and Tavi. And with that thought, it clicked.

"Tavi?" she disbelievingly wondered. When had Tavi changed her name to something so formal? It was unlike her, and unlike her personality, which Saena remembered with a sour taste in her mouth. "You have to understand, she hurt me bad," pointed out Saena. "She betrayed my trust. I couldn't..." The truth of it was that she hadn't trusted Tavi around her children, what with her being involved with Reek, and so she had banished both of them. At least that's what she would've said. The reality was more sinister: Saena had been jealous and felt threatened in both her femininity and her role in the pack, and couldn't abide that, not even for someone she'd called a friend.

"I shouldn't have," she finished thickly. It had been the right move at the time but in hindsight she should have kept Tavi close. Prevented Reek from having what he apparently wanted even more than her and their kids. Maybe then Larksong would never have formed. Regrets piled high in her rear view mirror. When Stark offered his aid, she turned a sad eye up to him and couldn't help wondering, "I thought Tavi was still there." At least suspecting that Tavi was gone would make Saena's time at Larksong a little bit easier. She could face Reek with hatred and malice, but perhaps not Tavi. "Why would you help me?" Because Saena couldn't imagine Tavi wanting any part of helping her after what had happened between them, and if Stark was involved with Tavi, then it made no sense.
Messages In This Thread
When I had laid it on the floor - by Saēna - September 13, 2016, 07:44 PM
RE: When I had laid it on the floor - by Stark - September 13, 2016, 08:29 PM
RE: When I had laid it on the floor - by Saēna - September 15, 2016, 10:56 AM
RE: When I had laid it on the floor - by Stark - September 15, 2016, 01:16 PM
RE: When I had laid it on the floor - by Saēna - September 15, 2016, 08:32 PM
RE: When I had laid it on the floor - by Stark - September 15, 2016, 09:15 PM
RE: When I had laid it on the floor - by Saēna - September 15, 2016, 09:36 PM
RE: When I had laid it on the floor - by Stark - September 15, 2016, 09:58 PM
RE: When I had laid it on the floor - by Saēna - September 16, 2016, 08:11 PM
RE: When I had laid it on the floor - by Stark - September 16, 2016, 09:55 PM
RE: When I had laid it on the floor - by Saēna - September 16, 2016, 10:37 PM