Otatso Wetlands When I had laid it on the floor
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Saena bobbed her head in agreement. She had come a long way, but it was all for them. She'd done wrong by her children when she got sick and wandered off and she wanted nothing more than to make that right. This was the first of many small steps she would need to make to ensure that Laurel and Indra knew how much they meant to her. To retrieve them and bring them back to their proper pack was only the beginning of a long road to recovering the trust of her children, she was certain.

"Thank you," said Saena, who had not expected to be offered any sort of aid from someone she hardly knew. She wouldn't have done the same, but Stark's attitude was changing her outlook a little bit. Perhaps it would be remembered in the future. "I am a hunter," she offered, "if I was to take refuge with you and yours for any reason, I would make sure to pay it back." She had no such intentions, but who knew what the future would bring. She didn't expect any of this to easily fall into her lap, but Saena also didn't intend to leave without Laurel and Indra, so there was likely no need to seek help from another pack unless a battle was imminent. Never say never, though, she thought.

Stark's revelation about Tavi and Reek startled her. Saena was angry to hear it, and even angrier to know that Reek had kidnapped her daughters when he had yet another child, if not more, close by that he could potentially bond with. Yet Stark's next words suggested that there was no such opportunity for Reek, and perhaps that was why he'd turned to kidnapping. It was no less abhorrent despite that knowledge. "Keep him close," Saena advised. "That fucker's proven he hasn't got a shred of respect or honour in his body. I wouldn't put it past him to make an attempt." Her lips drew into a thin line, then she added, "he's lucky to have you. I only wish I'd been there for my daughters like you are for him, but I was very sick and lost to the wilds when Reek took them from the pack. He should be safe with you."

Which again led Saena to wonder whom she should blame. Surely some of the blame rested on her... but she couldn't help but ask herself why Reek had been able to get near her daughters even without her present. Spring knew full well Saena's fears regarding her ex-mate, and she'd failed to protect the girls anyway. It opened a can of worms she wasn't ready to face about whether the creek was safe or not, so she pushed it aside and asked, "is he healthy? Their son?" This "Tam" was a half brother to her daughters, after all, and while thinking of Reek's bastard children made her stomach feel weak and sick, there was also some modicum of fondness there for the potential familial bond he could share with her kids if only Reek was out of the picture completely.
Messages In This Thread
When I had laid it on the floor - by Saēna - September 13, 2016, 07:44 PM
RE: When I had laid it on the floor - by Stark - September 13, 2016, 08:29 PM
RE: When I had laid it on the floor - by Saēna - September 15, 2016, 10:56 AM
RE: When I had laid it on the floor - by Stark - September 15, 2016, 01:16 PM
RE: When I had laid it on the floor - by Saēna - September 15, 2016, 08:32 PM
RE: When I had laid it on the floor - by Stark - September 15, 2016, 09:15 PM
RE: When I had laid it on the floor - by Saēna - September 15, 2016, 09:36 PM
RE: When I had laid it on the floor - by Stark - September 15, 2016, 09:58 PM
RE: When I had laid it on the floor - by Saēna - September 16, 2016, 08:11 PM
RE: When I had laid it on the floor - by Stark - September 16, 2016, 09:55 PM
RE: When I had laid it on the floor - by Saēna - September 16, 2016, 10:37 PM