Sleeping Dragon If you need it, I'll scream out
As silent as a w i l d f i r e
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro

Hvit was growing—they all were—and with his growth there came the occasional urge for an adventure. It was usually in the night or when he was alone with his siblings, having found that those times were the best when it came to wandering away from his parents. Tonight, he'd yet to fall asleep, having stayed awake for a reason that he couldn't even remember. When he'd been sure that everyone else was unconscious was when he'd slipped away, having exited the den and begun his trek through the territory. He was more confident with walking by himself now, always careful to pay close attention to which direction he was going in, especially whenever he found himself entering unknown areas. Thus far, he'd yet to get lost again, which, to him, was proof that his method was working.

The journey of the night had taken him in the direction of the borders, following along the path he'd gone with Thuringwethil. To travel into unclaimed lands was not his intention, but he was curious enough to try and peer into the beyond that he'd not worked to keep away. Hvit, lacking any expectations that someone else might be out and about, too, had continued onward, trekking right along without any worries of being caught.
She swept in and stole the flame,
leaving a dragon without his breath

Thread titles are from Lindsey Stirling’s “Something Wild”
A meaningful silence is better than meaningless words.
255 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Hush had not seen all of the pups since they were small, wriggling potatoes next to Gyda's body, but he was aware that they were now highly mobile. He had caught a few crossing over the borders, overprotectively herding them back within the protective confines of the borders.

Even in the dark he was wary of their newfound wanderlust. He was returning from a far flung patrol in the neutral lands, on edge after finding a Grotto wolf so close to their borders, only to find one boy, one he had not met, crossing the borders. He chuffed to the boy, striding over with worry in his baby blue eyes.
Trades:
Guardian (0/10) — Ranger (0/10)
Note: Hush cannot form words. He can, however, chuff, snarl, bark, and make a yodel-like howl.
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
There hadn't been much distance placed between himself and the familiarity of the mountain before he'd been stopped. The approaching form wasn't exactly known by the boy, but one quick whiff of the air told him all that he needed to know—it was someone from his home. At the sound of the chuff, he'd slowed to an eventual stop, bright eyes watching the other with curiosity. Where had he gone? The question was not asked aloud, nor would it ever be, but at least he'd thought it.

Worry filled his eyes, which was something that the child had come to notice. Uncertain of why he was worried, Hvit's head tilted to the side and he fixed the male with a confused gaze. There didn't seem to be any danger present, as far as he could tell, which eliminated that as the reason for nervousness. It also left him without the slightest of clues as to what the problem was.

255 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Hush walked towards the boy, who said nothing and simply froze in confusion. He sniffed him, wondering if he had any injuries of the sort, then, satisfied with his inspection, stepped back. It was late, but the mute was far from tired. He wondered if the boy felt the same and wanted to do something to urge them to sleep but without a voice his question was trapped within his mind. He could only hope that the boy would venture something.
Trades:
Note: Hush cannot form words. He can, however, chuff, snarl, bark, and make a yodel-like howl.
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Still had he remained whilst inspected, his own nose having stuck out towards the other in order to better smell him. He wanted to remember the scent, just in case, and so he'd inhaled as much of it as he could without it seeming strange. Then, when steps back were taken, his brows had pinched together. Nothing was said, which he found to be weird. Usually, whenever he was around adults, all they ever did was talk. The male, however, was the opposite—he was silent, similar to Hvit; while the child could speak, but he didn't know that the other could not.

Knowing that he'd not be allowed to go any further after having been caught, he'd taken a different route. The boy's chest lowered towards the ground whilst his rump remained in the air, tail waving behind him as he'd requested for Hush to play. If he couldn't go exploring past that point, then he at least wanted something to do that would have made his journey thus far worth it.

255 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
The child made no response, no questions as to why he wasn't speaking. If he was asking those things, he did so silently. Instead, the child dropped into a bow, inviting the hybrid to play. Hush smiled and mirrored the stance, his own fluffy tail wagging behind him. He lurched forward, bluffing the boy, wondering how he would react.
Trades:
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The invitation to play had been accepted, which the boy smiled at. He’d watched the other, his muscles tensing at he’d readied himself to spring forward. Yet, instead, he’d been sent backwards as the other came towards him, trying to avoid an impact that never would have come anyways. Upon realizing this, he’d straightened up for a moment and tilted his head, regarding Hush with an inquisitive gaze. Still, though, no words were formed, no questions asked. Hvitserk dropped low once more before throwing his body forward, trying to mimic that which he’d just witnessed, but failing at it. He’d not stopped himself soon enough, his body being sent sliding towards the hybrid. Should the older male not move out of the way, Hvit was sure to crash into his legs.

255 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
The boy, unsurprisingly, was not used to proper combat. Play fighting was one thing, but tactics another. The child paused, blinking in surprise at the lack of contact between them despite Hush's movement. After a brief respite, the Goufa mimicked what Hush did, to little success. Hush moved to the side, his front leg lifting to compensate for whatever slow reaction time he had. Regardless, the mute chuckled, the action more akin to soundless coughing than anything. Only his smirk and bright eyes told of his mirth.
Trades:
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
There was not an impact made, the older male having moved in time. The second Hvit’s body had come to a stop, he’d scrambled back up to his feet and shook his coat free of whatever dirt had latched onto it. Several retreating steps were taken before he’d frozen in place, eyes seeking out the face of his packmate when no words had been heard. A smirk was seen, which made the boy tilt his head. Had he done something funny? It’d probably been his little show from just moments ago, though, to him, it hadn’t been that funny at all. Still, he’d not grown angered by the fact that someone else had taken from the act a feeling of joy. Rather, he’d given a wag of his tail, waving it off as nothing worth getting worked up over.

Again, the viking’s frontal half dropped down towards the ground, gaze never leaving his potential friend. He’d wiggled his butt, delivering a warning of what he was about to do, before he’d kicked off of the ground and sprung forward. His paws were stretched out towards Hush as he intended to hit the other this time; never were his actions malicious, only playful.

255 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
The boy was not offended by Hush's laughter, dismissing the attempted sound with a wag of his tail, before returning again to his play bow. Hush did the same, mirroring the small viking (vikingling?). The tell-tale waggle of the boy's butt told him everything about the upcoming attack. He let him come, watching as the boy leapt towards him, paws outstretched. Hush dodged again, letting the attack hit his shoulder rather than full-on.
Trades:
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
There had been a brief moment during which the boy was certain that he’d land his hit. Yet, once again, the other male had moved out of the way—but it’d not been a total loss! He’d manage to hit the mute’s shoulder, which had provided for him a great deal of joy. Immediately after, the boy stared up at the adult with a grin plastered across his face, his tail wagging at a mile per minute. He’d hit him! He had actually hit him! In his glee, the boy proceeded towards Hush and started doing what puppies did best: nipping out of excitement. He did not intend to hurt the other in any way at all, but he also wasn’t the least bit attentive towards where he was nipping at—and he seemed to more in a frenzy, aiming for any part of his newfound friend that was visible.

255 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Pups were simple creatures. The mere touch of the boy's paw to Hush's shoulder excited the child. Hush's tail waggled, until the boy began bombarding him with puppy-nips. He was taken off guard at first, getting some nips to the face, until he retaliated with gentle nips of his own, gently pushing the boy over with his free paw.
Trades:
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Hvit hadn’t aimed anywhere in particular with his nipping. He’d simply done as his body had insisted he do, and received similar treatment in return for his actions. It was like a game, he’d decided, which the mute seemed interested in playing with him. In his excitement, he had likely nipped a bit harder than planned once or twice, but slowly had that started to not matter. As Hush contributed to the gentle bites, the young viking had noticed the attempt being made at pushing him over. Just as observant as always, though he hadn’t reacted towards it as he probably should have. Instead of pushing back, he’d gone along with the motion and flopped—highly dramatically, mind you—over onto his side.

Panting, a moment was taken to regain his breath before he’d rolled onto his stomach and darted towards his new friend once again. This time, Hvitserk kept his body closer to the ground as he made an attempt at barreling through the forelimbs of his packmate. As always, he wished not to cause any real harm, but he did want to knock the other over just as had been done to him.

255 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
He flopped over dramatically, and another silent laugh came from Hush's mouth. He waited to see how the boy would react, tail still wagging with play. The child rose to his feet quickly, charging towards Hush, aiming right between the male's legs. Hush blinked, raising a forepaw to protect his limbs, but was curious as to what he was trying to do.
Trades:
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The move was noticed and Hvit saw the male’s forelimb raise as a result. It had made him slow for a moment, but quickly was his speed then regained as he aimed for the opposite leg. His intentions were to knock into it just hard enough to make Hush fall forward, but not enough to cause any serious damage. He’d moved towards his new friend at an angle, resulting in his shoulder having lined up better with the leg of his choosing than his head had. Unaware of the course that he was on, the child did not stop, but moved forth instead as he prepared to body check the hybrid. The act could have easily been taken as an aggressive one, but never had he thought to seriously maim. It was only play, albeit serious and potentially hurtful play.

255 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Unfortunately for him, the boy was smart. Instead of blindly barrelling forward, he switched targets, going for Hush's other leg. The mute stumbled, eventually giving into gravity and falling, landing with a yelp of surprise. He didn't stay on the ground for long, lest the pup take advantage of his position. The hybrid pulled himself upwards as quickly as he could.
Trades:
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Success!

Er… sort of, anyways. Though the child had successfully knocked the other male down, it hadn’t been without repercussion. As Hush stumbled forward, the viking wobbled backwards, a moment having needed to be taken in order for him to find his balance once again. By the time he’d regained his composure his playmate had already gotten back up, but Hvit was well aware of what had happened, and it made him somewhat giddy. The game had, thus far, definitely been a fun one, and so he’d bowed once again to see what his new friend might do next. Whilst doing so, however, his jaws had parted in a yawn, which he’d immediately tried to shake away so that he might get to spend more time awake and playing. Of course, sleep could only be fought off by a child for so long.

255 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
He began to crouch into a playbow, only stopping when he saw the boy yawn. He rose from his crouch, regaining a more neutral stance. It was time for him to sleep. He wouldn't tire the pup out anymore than he had already. Hush chuffed, nudging the boy gently with his nose, then walking off towards Gyda and the pups' den.
Trades:
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
As the mute began to crouch down, Hvitserk had watched him. He’d readied himself for whatever the other might be planning, only to realize that their game had been concluded as Hush straightened himself out. Though tired, he’d still found a way to frown in response to the action, having wanted to play for a little while longer. He’d considered protesting against the decision made, but, in the end, had chosen to just go along with it. There would be plenty of time to play after he’d rested, and this he knew. So once he’d been nudged the Viking had gone along with it, trailing after his newest friend as he was led back in the direction that he’d originally come from.