Broken Antler Fen Cold Water
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Seb graciously accepted her apology, understanding why she had ran from him. It seemed he, too, had triggers at one point about their father. Feeling a bit bold, she commented. I always wondered why you kept trying with him, she said softly. For Aviana, it was their mother who took care of them, feed them, protected them. The young hadn't even missed their father, for she couldn't miss what wasn't there. She had largely ignored him, feeling as though he was simply another pack mate. But, Seb seemed to take things a different way than she had.

I've always known you wouldn't hurt me, she responded. I just felt... guilty that I had treated you like you were going to. It was a flash reaction, and by the time I realized what happened, I was outside the territory, and I wasn't sure if you would be upset at my reaction. They had such a strong bond, and Aviana feared severing that because of her reaction. 

A smile brightened her features when Seb confirmed that she would be an Aunt. And you're going to be a DAD! she said excitedly, her tail wagging quickly behind her. I don't think they will be triggers, she said a little cautiously. I will be protective of them, but they won't remind me of things, she added. You're going to be a great Dad, Seb, she said pointedly. She fully believed that whatever had happened with their father, and the emotional scars they seemed to leave on Seb, he would not repeat those mistakes. He was not Burke. He was better.

She shook her head quickly at his request. There is nothing to forgive, Seb. You didn't do anything wrong, I promise. It was she that needed to learn to control her reactions when others reminded her of their Uncle. He was dead, he could never hurt her again, and Seb certainly wasn't anyone she had to be afraid of, no matter his body language. I know there will come a day that I'll be okay. It had to come. Living here, seeing how happy Seb and the others were- she wanted that. She didn't want to live in fear anymore.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
Messages In This Thread
Cold Water - by Sebastian - September 19, 2016, 12:21 PM
RE: Cold Water - by Aviana - September 19, 2016, 07:58 PM
RE: Cold Water - by Sebastian - September 21, 2016, 09:48 AM
RE: Cold Water - by Aviana - September 25, 2016, 12:50 AM
RE: Cold Water - by Sebastian - September 25, 2016, 04:14 AM
RE: Cold Water - by Aviana - September 26, 2016, 03:14 PM
RE: Cold Water - by Sebastian - September 28, 2016, 03:00 AM
RE: Cold Water - by Aviana - September 29, 2016, 07:48 PM
RE: Cold Water - by Sebastian - October 06, 2016, 09:15 AM
RE: Cold Water - by Aviana - October 10, 2016, 02:13 PM