Tuktu Weir sacrifices must be made
leave that old record spinning
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
All Welcome 

the girls. he thought of them daily, even found himself turning to address one or the other, only to remember with a jolt that they were no longer present at the Creek. hatred for Reek was beginning to warp him, and had not the pack needed him, the boy would have set off long ago to tear out the bastard's throat and reclaim his daughters.

today's afternoon found Casmir aimlessly tracking a herd of deer along the weir, with no true intent to capture them. instead he ambled along lost in his thoughts, which were widely unpleasant these days.
please send all PMs regarding garait & casmir to relmyna
[Image: casfoot.jpg]
You did not break me I'm still fighting for peace
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
Rowan's thoughts frequently strayed to the young girls that were so far from their home. She considered what Shrike had said, about her children's safety and her own but she felt they would be safe. There was no one to come for her children. If they tried, she was certain her Taltos would strike them down. Rowan ambled slowly through the pack lands, though she did not call to him she hoped to find Casmir and see how he was doing. 

She found a pathway he'd ran recently, eventually tracking him towards a land she wasn't familiar with. Her silver eyes spotted a herd moving slowly but it did not seem like Casmir was in the right mindset to go after them anyways. Silently the witch approached and nosed at his shoulder, offering her support just as he had supported her. 
And I know that I can survive
I walked through fire to save my life

[Image: counselor.gif] 4/5,[Image: caretaker.gif] 1/5
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he sensed, rather than felt the approach of Rowan, and as she often did, he felt her light touch on his shoulder. steeling himself, he turned the golden eyes that now burned with cold fury onto the ashen woman, his expression soon cracking into a sigh of grief that carried the threat of tears. "hey, Ro," the boy muttered, giving her a nickname as he had everyone else in his world.

his eyes fell to her sides. "how are you feeling?" Cas pressed on, soon returning his gaze to Rowan's own. he wondered how long it would be before they were born but had no true grasp of how long it took to create babies.
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
The reminder that Casmir was not too far from her own age seemed to come most frequently in his expressive eyes. Where he was trying to be strong he did crumble a little, his resolve cracking. Gently Rowan shifted her touch up to his cheek, a small kiss of support as he greeted her with a familiar name rather than her full one. It warmed her heart to hear the title and she offered him a small smile before settling at his side. 

"We are doing well," She mused softly. "It's definitely we - I can count the kicks now, I think there will only be a couple more weeks." Of course the first time mother had no idea, all her knowledge had been gathered but it was different from knowing and experiencing herself. "Any news?" She asked hopefully - though part of her was loathe to bring it up to the young man and perhaps exposed more of his sorrows. 

745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Rowan seemed ageless in a way that Cas didn't understand. she was young, pretty, even, though he didn't allow himself the guilty pleasure of thinking about that -- for several reasons. but her bearing was that of an older wolfess, one who had seen much. it was something he had pondered several times. to her inquiry he shook his head grimly, tail lashing behind him once.

"nothing. but i'm going after them soon. i may not be here when they're born, but ... Indy and Laur need me, Ro," Cas muttered, searching her eyes with his own.
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
She had always been older than her body suggested. Perhaps the witch-blood ran too thickly, aging her soul and bringing to light the lives she'd lived before. She did not consider it often, but even as a puppy she had not frolicked and played as others did. She met his eyes and gave a little nod, though it was sad to consider that he would not be beside her it was as it should have been. 

"Your girls need you." She soothed, offering him a small smile. "I focus only on your reunion." While Rowan saw varied outcomes the strongest she gave her energy to was of the young pair bringing their girls home. "When I ran into him it was in the pasture near Donnelaith. Towards the mountains, and he said he had come a long way." She wanted to give them the best chance she could. "And perhaps when you return they will have cousins to meet. Don't worry about me. I know we'll be alright." She promised gently, hoping to take some of his worries and release them - he was too young to be burdened by so much already. 

745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
her voice was melodic, and Cas found his grief ebbing away as he listened to Rowan speak. "cousins." the thought made him smile; he regarded the ashen woman with a closer eye. "does that make you my sister?" he teased gently. she'd been Lasher's lover; had the old man not kicked it, he might have taken her for a second mate. that would have made her his stepmom ... which was weird as shit to ponder.

but siblings. odd siblings in this mishmash family. "i like that." his voice was quiet but his eyes had brightened somewhat, and he found a vestige of his old humour slipping back. "we will need you around when Laika and i are gone. hold down the fort, Ro," he laughed.
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
The question was posed with a tone that made her smile and for a moment the woman considered it. "I could be." Because it was far easier than trying to trace back their lineage and see where their branches crossed. Perhaps she could have done so with Lasher but now the chance as she saw it had passed. Rowan drew in a deep breath, letting it out slowly - a measure of control for her, she felt. 

His instruction was one that made her nod and she looked up at the dark male, her silver gaze drifting down towards the herds again. "We will make sure they have plenty to come home to." Rowan said gently. There was a little gasp and Rowan starred at her stomach, looking almost suspicious. "Cas," She tried to offer a shorter name, but it felt strange on her tongue. "Here," She offered, leaning a bit to the side so he could touch her stomach - there had been a rather strong kick, perhaps of agreement from a puppy.

745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
the breath the Mayfair woman drew was not lost on Casmir -- he sensed a firming in her, a grounding. casting her a quizzical glance. he knew that she probably still hurt over being kicked out of Donnelaith, but her next words elicited a smile and a nod from him. however, they went unanswered as she gasped. the boy's single ear fell back against his skull as the ivory wolfess motioned him closer with a single syllable. his golden eyes widened; he glanced between Rowan and the swell of her belly with unsurety dawning on his features.

presently, however, he reached out and pressed his muzzle against her side. nothing. maybe only she could -- Cas gave a grunt of surprise, jumping a little as a tiny limb sailed against its barrier to strike his nose, and he pulled away with a grin. "wicked," he breathed. "that is so cool. and weird. how many d'you think there are?"
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
Rowan watched him with a curious little smile, her gaze softening as he seemed quizzical for a moment but then reacted to the child's strike. It was not perfect, after all, but it was a true strike and it was a strong one and as much as she was growing exhausted by these little kicks she was equally enamored by them. "At least two." She'd heard distinct voices, and one of them sounded a little more masculine. "I've heard them," She admitted quietly and she wondered what he would think of her then. 

Rowan chewed the inside of her lip for a moment, a small smile on her face. "I'm nervous but excited. I don't feel like there will be much longer left." She said evenly. She felt in the weeks to come her pregnancy would come to an end.

745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he cupped his ears forward curiously. "heard them?" the boy knew very little about pregnancy, only what he had remembered from Blue Willow carrying Deirdre and Emaleth. he didn't know that they could speak so early; his golden eyes narrowed and he peered quizzically at his cousin's belly. "how?" he muttered, glancing up to her eyes. she seemed serene, but also nervous.

so the babies would be arriving soon. Cas tried to think about how things would change, how the Creek would gain new members while Rowan's sides slimmed. would Dee come to see them? he couldn't imagine why she wouldn't. but Connie ... the boy put aside the thought of his last meeting with his twin. "what are you scared of, Ro?"
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
"I get...whispers. And I've heard two, frequently, and I think they may be the children." Rowan admitted. It sounded foolish certainly but he could be trusted even with her biggest secrets. Or perhaps, given the nature of his family, they weren't secrets at all? "Sometimes I hear spirits whisper - some who have passed, but these...they do not speak of much other than warmth and love." And she was happy for that. No matter the sorrows that had befallen the pack or their family. 

Casmir asked her what she was afraid of and there was a moment where she wanted to blurt out all the irrational thoughts. What if Lasher would be disappointed in her for what had come to pass? What if she had made the incorrect choice coming to Silver Creek when Blackrock had been willing to take her in? What if she was the worst mother and her children suffered for it? "I've never done this before, there are so many ways I could do poorly." Rowan decided on softly - even though there were so many thoughts swirling in her head. "When are you leaving?" 

745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Casmir's eyes widened; he was riveted to Rowan's gentle voice now. He knew his family followed the ways of magick, something he had largely eschewed. but to think that the babies were whispering to their mother, that she heard ghosts -- he was fairly stunned, and this showed on his young features. It was comforting that whoever owned the voices did not threaten the ashen wolfess. the boy himself wasn't sure if he could handle that. 

her features changed; the boy realized he could sense her fear, and though her words were vague, Cas suspected that there was more Rowan was holding back. but he was also old enough now to know that he must not press for such answers. "you're gonna do great," he whispered instead, smiling at his cousin. 

his humour failed as soon as it had come, and Cas sighed. "soon. i have no idea if we will be able to catch him, but ... we have to try."
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
Rowan offered him the softest of smiles, looking upon the boy with nothing but adoration. How could she see anything else when she looked at him? He took everything in stride as he always had with her and she felt herself swoon for a moment. It was easier to think of good things around him. "You are so certain," She said with a small smile. "Perhaps I will have no choice but to live up to your lofty expectations." She said with a little smile. 

It was her turn to support him and she leaned over to nuzzle him for a moment. "You will bring your girls home." She said confidently. "I know you will be just fine." She said softly, "I have faith in you."

745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Cas sighed, leaning into her touch with a clumsy nudge of his own. he didn't feel strong; he didn't feel confident. he didn't even know if Spring honestly believed he and Laika could bring the girls back, but he was going to try regardless. and Rowan; somehow Cas was comforted by knowing she had faith in him. "and you're gonna make a great mom. don't worry. you're where you belong." maybe she hadn't been meant to stay at Donnelaith, but perhaps one day she could bring the kids to visit. he smiled gently, flushing beneath his dark fur before he pulled away, suddenly fraught with nerves. "maybe i'll bring back Reek's stupid face. and wear it to my birthday."