Sleeping Dragon in the space between chaos and shape, there was another chance
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 

There is an itch settled somewhere inside her that she isn’t sure what to do with. The wounds on her shoulder pulls at her skin with every step she takes. When she takes it too far, she feels an ache on the surface of her skin that spreads but it isn’t something she can’t handle. She’d already picked at the scabs earlier that morning to further the scarring and applied the salve of antibiotic to it, no longer afraid infection will set in, but she’d much rather they healed before she stepped up before the rest of them for the most recent death.

Having wandered close to the rendezvous site, Thuringwethil first searches for the young of the pack. She passes by Gavriel with a brief greeting, learning Gyda has spent time upon the borders now that she’s able to stretch her legs, free of their feeding. They had been on meat for a few weeks now and were learning eagerly and just as quickly as she expected. They had Drageda running through them and she expected no less of their contributions than she did of the adults. A soft chuff calls out as she steps closer to the group, hoping her greeting is distraction enough.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
As silent as a w i l d f i r e
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Though he'd gotten a late start to the day, he’d since woken up fully and found his footing. This time, he’d told himself, he would try harder to not be tempted into the night. When darkness fell over the world and his siblings nestled in together for the purpose of sleeping, he would do just the same, rather than linger in consciousness and eventually wander off. To be up and mobile whilst the sun hung high over his head was something that he missed, and he knew that his time to enjoy it was slowly coming to a close. Hvit couldn’t explain how he knew—perhaps it was the gradual drop in the temperature, or maybe instinct alone kept him informed—he simply did and that was that.

When he’d gone outside of the den, he’d laid down, watching and listening but not yet ready to go anywhere. It was there that he’d remained until Thuringwethil arrived, her visit having then gotten him up onto his feet. The boy went towards her in silence, his tail wagging behind him as a way of greeting. He wondered if she’d be visiting someone at the borders again, and if that was why she was there. Already had he put aside the happenings of his last trip with her, for he’d chosen to move forward and passed it. And so, he’d looked at her expectantly, waiting to see if she might move—and, if so, if he’d get away with following her again.
She swept in and stole the flame,
leaving a dragon without his breath

Thread titles are from Lindsey Stirling’s “Something Wild”
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
When she comes near the little dragon den, she finds Hvitserk resting. She hadn't seen much of him since the day she took him to the borders and Goliath had been there. He hadn't listened to her well while she took care of business but perhaps he remembered the lesson well enough that taking him away won't be a difficult task. Hvitserk is up and in her direction in just a moment, tail wagging and she can't help the smile that forms on her features.

"Good morning," she shares in a tongue she knows he's familiar with. Having more wolves to speak their language and give comfort to the few that remain from Seageda has been something she often looked forward to. The puppies won't be alienated in languages, either, as they are all familiar with the languages of their family. "Want to come with me?" she asks a beat later, curious to see if any of the other goufas cared to tag along.
Trigedasleng · Common
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
As he’d neared her, a smile was spotted, and so he was quick to assume that her anger had long since dissipated. In turn, a smile tugged at the corners of his own lips, happy to know that his disobedience at the borders wouldn’t be held against him. So glad was he, that he’d even responded to her with actual words after he’d been greeted. Hei, Heda, said the boy, his voice just above a whisper. Never would he reach a stage at which he’d shout to the heavens, but he’d definitely become a bit more vocal; it was primarily to those that he was close to that he’d speak, but at least he'd started somewhere.

It was as if she’d read his mind only moments ago, for an offer to join her was extended. At first, he’d been shocked, but was quick to recover and nod his head. Of course he wanted to go with her, because following Thuringwethil meant seeing new things, and seeing new things meant learning more about the world around him.

1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Hvitserk is as quiet as ever though Thuringwethil never minded it that much. Sometimes words weren't necessary and he learns just as well as any of the others. In someways, even better, for he can easily be overlooked only to surprise them all later. A trait that she perhaps can turn into a skill in the long run.

"Good." she says with a flick of her arched tail, shifting so that she can lead them both away. Where they were going, Thuringwethil doesn't have much in mind. Instead, the slows her gait so that he takes a step in front of her, deciding to see where he may lead her if she subtlety shifts over the direction to him.
Trigedasleng · Common
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
As she’d taken the lead, he’d followed closely, observing both her and their surroundings. The greatest perk to having kept silent for the majority of his life thus far was, perhaps, how in tuned he’d become with the task of watching others. He’d looked to them for a number of reasons, but usually it was to ensure that he was understood. He’d grown accustomed to such behavior, and seemed to practice it even when doing so was not necessary—second nature, it had become. The boy’s observant tendencies were neither ceased nor altered when in Thur’s presence, either, and so he’d noticed immediately when the reins were handed over to him.

The viking slowed and looked towards her, questioning her intentions. He could not tell what it was that she might have planned, nor did he truly attempt to. His focus had instead gone into steering them towards the borders, at least a single ear twisted back to listen for the adult at all times. If she were to try and leave just as his father had done, or decided to strike him for having chosen the borders to visit, then he wanted to know about it.

1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It is quickly that he notices the shift in power, as far as their direction, but he doesn't question it verbally. Instead, he goes back the way he'd been walking and continues at an even pace as if they were walking as equals. She does not slink back too far, watching the direction he chooses as well as occasionally slipping her gaze elsewhere until it is clear where he'd chosen to go. Thuringwethil doesn't speak up against the decision or try to direct him else where and instead lets him lead her to the borders without objection.
Trigedasleng · Common
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The trek to the borders was a silent one, as well as continuous. Not once had he stopped, only ever slowed. It was important for him to ensure that Thuringwethil did not leave him all alone there, and so each decrease in his pace had been followed-up on with a quick glance over his shoulder. After each look backwards, he’d pick his speed back up, content with the fact that she hadn’t gone anywhere. It wasn’t until they’d ventured into the outskirts of the territory that the pattern had changed, for it was in that general area that he’d stopped entirely and looked back at her.

It was to the borders that he had wished to go, but was at a loss in regards to what they might then do there. As far as he could tell, there were no other wolves around that might be looking to join, and so he knew not what came next. For that reason, his attention was given to the Heda, awaiting whatever instructions or demonstrations that she might be able to provide for him.

1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Hvitserk led them both to the borders with a little hesitation and and Thuringwethil watched the way he chose to get there. There are often hints of certain scents left behind at the borders she catches and often times a second accompanies it. They will eventually bet set on their own and until they, they will be shaped to be able to take care of themselves as if there are no others but with that back-up securely in place.

“You know to call for another when you meet someone on the borders,” she says more than questions, assuming what Gavriel and Gyda have taught him in the process.
Trigedasleng · Common
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
There was nothing for him to say as he awaited the word of the Heda, ever the curious sort when the borders were involved. He wondered about what she might have to tell him this time, as well as if they’d be joined by someone new. After thinking back to when he’d first seen Goliath, he realized that it was unlikely for them to run into someone else; if anyone wished to join, they would have been waiting there after howling. When they’d arrived, he’d seen not a single other body, which meant that today would be a lesson alone, not experience.

Hvitserk nodded, recalling how his father had mentioned something similar before. He understood that it was for the best, and that the rule was in place to keep him safe, but he still wasn’t exactly fond of it. The times when he experienced his happiest moments were when he was either alone or with Freyja, whose time seemed to be occupied by other things as of late. It didn’t upset him knowing that she was working to develop her skills, it just meant that he tended to spend more time alone. He had yet to encounter a stranger at the borders whilst out on his own, and so calling for another of the pack seemed, at the moment, unnecessary. Of course, he would never share thoughts like that, knowing that he wouldn’t like the response.

Struck by a sudden thought, he asked, “Which are good?” Rather, how could he tell if someone he met at the borders was good or bad? If they attacked, then it was clear that they were an enemy, but what if they didn’t? He’d been told to call for another whenever he met a stranger at the borders but, if they were good or harmless, then he couldn’t see a reason to actually do so.

1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Thuringwethil watches as the information revisits Hvitserk and for a moment, he doesn't have anything to say about it. Never being one to speak much, it doesn't surprise her and she thinks she'll move on until he does pipe up. One brow raises as she considers the question and, at first, he sounds like a statement but she notes the change anyway. Without wanting to coddle them too much, and to give them their freedoms, she still has a duty to keep them safe. The adults of the pack are more than capable but at a few months old, she knows an intruder can mean a lot of harm.

"You don't trust anyone at the borders. Not at first," she advises. While information to keep in mind now, and to keep him safe, she rolls one shoulder as she continues. "You have to determine where they are. If they are a respectable distance away is a good indication. If they are trespassing or disrespecting of our wolves or claim, you make sure they leave. Remember to trust your gut," she adds before picking her nose up and taking a long breath for nearby scents. Still, nothing is out of the ordinary, so she returns her focus to the goufa.
Trigedasleng · Common
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
To not trust anyone would be an easy thing for him to accomplish, for the most part. Hvit wasn’t interested in running up to any and every stranger with the hopes of striking up a conversation or anything, but he could still be curious at times. If someone he didn’t know had information that was of interest to him, then he usually felt more inclined to speak to them, the level of trust between them placed aside. There was a part of his mind that disagreed with said actions, and wasn’t at all thrilled about someday meeting new wolves by himself, but there were times where curiosity easily overruled reason. For moments such as those, the information that was given to him ended up being stored away in his mind for safe keeping. The location into which it’d been placed hadn’t held onto it for very long, either, before questions began to bloom and drift through his thoughts.

Separating the good wolves from the bad ones seemed simple enough, yet he still found himself to be unsatisfied. There was more to know, and so another question was to be asked. “What if I think they’re good?” He knew—vaguely—what it meant to trust your gut, but what if he felt as if someone wasn’t a threat? No matter where they stood or how they were acting, was he still supposed to trust his instincts? Whilst he trusted himself and his personal views, there was still the possibility that he’d be wrong—and if that were to happen, what was he supposed to do to redeem himself?

1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
“That depends. There are a lot of reasons someone might be at our doorstep,” she informs, shrugging her shoulder indifferently. “A potential joiner or someone delivering a message. If you think they are good and they aren’t doing anything to cause alarm, find out why they are here. And then you call me, or Wildfire or Dio,” she says, wondering if he’ll have another question that doesn’t have one solid answer. “You’ll learn mostly by experience when it comes to the borders.”

They continue onward with the borders. Thuringwethil speaks to him about marking their borders, when and how, and how to ward off intruders and other undesirable wolves upon their home.
Trigedasleng · Common