Honeyed Pasture midnight coward
I've seen all the demons that you've got.
106 Posts
Ooc — Hero
All Welcome 
Midnight was as poor a time as any to hunt. A crescent moon provided little light, passing in and out of view as clouds coasted overhead. Muses briefly wondered when had she become such a night owl, but refused to dwell on it. There was no harm in keeping to herself, as long as she did not hinder others or let them down. Idly, she stood at Donnelaith's border, gazing out into the darkened plains. Although it was a strange land, she could immediately perceive that the sprawling meadows would make a good home for prey. Moose might be so inclined to migrate through the fields, though there were none that she could see.

A more motivated wolf might have decided to make a loop around the area, to keenly observe the hunting grounds while the world was so still, soundly asleep. Muses missed tracking prey with her sisters, learning how ungulates moved so that they could better predict where they might hide, or where they might run to.

Her ears flicked abruptly, picking up the distant hoot of an owl, perhaps some rustling in the forest behind her. Standing poised and elegant, the ivory wolf did not shift her stance. There would be nothing to hunt this close to wolf territory anyways. With a defeated chuff, she carried onward in a straight line, penetrating the honeyed pasture.
20 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Lennox watched the stark white of the woman illuminate her stance in the night. Her frame was intoxicating and Lenny Boy was ready for her to lull him into sleep. As he strutted from where he'd hidden himself along the treeline, he chuffed his presence out to the young enchantress. 
And what are we doing out so late? He'd turned his charm up as high as he could and yet still the dark undertones of who he really was managed to leak from his maw. You're not exactly what I was expecting to run into but I can't complain. Can I have your name?
[Image: wolf-animated-gif-8.gif]
106 Posts
Ooc — Hero
Muses blinked, her head turning sharply towards the unexpected voice. Masculine tones dripping with charm that she was clearly oblivious to, she simply canted her head in a corteous manner, a soft smile teasing the muscles around her mouth. "What exactly were you expecting?" She mimicked his ease of words, but her intentions were innocent, question posed of genuine curiosity.

"I had a hard time falling asleep, so I decided to take a walk." Her answer was honest, though her tone ambiguous. She studied the male's face, but could not relate him to anyone she had met. It was all very confusing when everyone looked so unlike one another. "It's Muses." The answer to her name was succinct, no surname or titles given. That was not important to her. "And you, a stranger so close to the borders of my home?" Her ears flicked to indicate that she had not forgotten to ask him to reciprocate the information. "If we are neighbours, I'll need to know you're name. I'm sure I'll see more of you yet." She hummed pleasantly, still enchanted by how nice all the strangers seemed to have been lately.
20 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ya, she's definitely into me.
Lennox shot the strange woman a thoughtful grin, his lips lined with intrigue. I was expecting a little peace and quiet, but you're much more of a treasure than a few stars. He took the liberty of circling her and getting a view of her entire bodice, but upon finishing his exam, he laid down just across from her with his head rested on his forelegs.
You can call me Lenny. I'm from over in Blackfeather Woods. Its not too far but I doubt this becomes an everyday thing. He lifted his head then and with it an eyebrow, That is, unless you'd like that. In Lennox's mind, he was being blatant enough, and yet he loved the chase of a woman playing hard to get.
106 Posts
Ooc — Hero
"A few stars indeed!" Muses laughed out loud, head thrown back in joyous expression. Lenny, as he introduced himself, was a funny fellow. To value her company over a mouthful of stars partially covered by clouds was no exceptional or flattering comment! Muses thought him awkward, but good natured - perhaps someone she could share a good laugh with. "Blackfeather Woods," She murmured, lowly and thoughtfully, although it did not ring a bell. "It is not along the coast, is it?" By her tone, she indicated that she suspected that it was not, but she was still unfamiliar with the area, and did not want to make assumptions that might later embarrass her.

Her pale gaze followed her company as he circled, and eventually settled, forelimbs stretched out towards her. Muses lowered herself onto her haunches, too restless to adopt such a relaxed posture. "Oh, no," She shook her head vehemently, jaw set stubbornly. "If it is very far, I wouldn't ask you to go out of your way for nothing." If he had traveled great lengths, it was certainly not worth the trouble for mere companionship.
20 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Huh. Well this she-wolf was surely different from the others Lennox had encountered in his days. N-no, it's not, he stammered, confused as to why Muses tormented him so. Oh, well...I guess that's fine then. Lennox stood then, trying to appear as large as he could though in truth, he felt defeated and quite frustrated, to say the least.
Are you, and I mean this is totally your business but like...well, am I just not what you're looking for? 'Cause you're kinda sending me mixed signals here and if you're chasing down the other path then I guess I could just go. That had to be the only explanation for why she was acting so...strange. No woman in her right mind would turn down Lenny the Sex Beast, right?
106 Posts
Ooc — Hero
All of the sudden, her companion was up again, puffed put like an angry chickadee. She stared, expression blank as she tried to hide her confusion. He spoke as if she wanted something, or maybe expected it. "Looking for?" The pale eyed beast managed after opening and shutting her mouth several times prior. "What signals? What path?" Now it was Muses' turn to lie down, stretching out in total defeat.

"I'm sorry. I don't understand." Her blunt admission was accompanied by flattened ears and a tail drawn in close to her body. "I don't mean to upset you." A small whine slipped through her parted mouth, tongue peeking out anxiously. She really did want to be his friend, but felt like they were speaking two totally different languages.
20 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Obviously they weren't on the same page. I came out here for, uh...well maybe you're just not who I was looking for. Lennox flashed an annoyed grin at the girl and rolled his eyes before making a confident exit, disappointed that tonight wasn't as successful as he hoped.
106 Posts
Ooc — Hero
Muses watched the male depart, blinking, but otherwise unmoving. What had just happened? With a frustrated sigh, she rolled onto her back, and watched the clouds pass across the darkened sky.