Stone Circle try to stay on track this time
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
All Welcome 
@Steady and anyone who wants to come with to visit Donnelaith.
He felt a little silly whenever he caught Steady's eye nowadays. He got what the alpha meant, of course, but also found it a little naive that the man had expected him to stop and think and make good choices when faced by Amber and all her wiles. Well, okay, he'd probably been the more wiley one, but still. They couldn't very well wait until spring when her heat was happening in Autumn. He would've said so, but if Steady didn't already know certain facts like that, Grayday wasn't going to be the one to tell him. Either way, if a woman's heat came in Autumn once, it would probably come again in Autumn the next year!

He tried to tell himself that this was a good enough excuse, but he still couldn't seem to look the alpha in the eye.

That would change today, however. He hated to leave right as they were making their claim, but Day had stayed up all night marking the borders the night before, and he wanted to go and see this Deirdre that Doe had mentioned before it was time again to go and find Amber. Maybe she would never have to know that he was slowly going blind - maybe he wouldn't be, by the time he saw her again. The only thing left to do was go and tell Steady - and he wouldn't quail this time, even if he had been a little bit in the wrong.

Day ambled through the Stone Circle, glad that the ground was clear and even, and that there was a dark smudge in the distance that was probably his alpha. So much easier to locate the others, here.

"Steady," Day called, heading toward the smudge.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
While Steady had thought briefly on Grayday's circumstances, they were not at the forefront of his mind. What was done was done, and he didn't think there was much need on dwelling, though somewhere deep down inside, he still didn't like the position his brother had put him in. Steady's life revolved around keeping his pack protected, healthy and happy. Their move was centered around the fact that winter was coming, food would be scarce, and the mountain simply had too many packs around it for him to believe they would survive there. For Grayday to jeopardize it with pups during the winter, Steady felt, was foolish. As far as he knew, Grayday wasn't mated, and therefore Steady had never thought this would be a possibility. But, then again, Steady had only thought of mating with his mate, no other, but he realized not all wolves felt like that.

He was at the stone circle, sniffing around, wondering how the rocks had gotten in their formation. He had never seen anything like this, even on the mountain where rocks slides were known to happen. Here, it was flatland- a meadow and a forest. He didn't think a rock slide could have traveled this far, at least without leaving any other sign that it had been here.

A voice interrupted his thoughts, and Steady turned to focus on Grayday, his tail wagging in a friendly greeting. Grayday, how are you doing? he asked, hoping the other male was settling in okay. He worried some may not like it here. It was certainly different from the mountain, and even Steady would need time to adjust to it.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
A small smile crossed his face when the smudge did end up being Steady, and better yet, he seemed to be in a good mood. "I'm great," he said with a chuckle and a quick wag of his tail. "It's a lot easier to find people here - and a lot easier to get to them."

Looking around the bright meadow, it was hard to imagine trying to hide from anyone. Maybe behind the stones - but that's the first place he'd look for someone, too. Maybe if he crouched down and laid very, very still, he could hide in the underbrush?

Brushing such silly thoughts aside, Day turned back to his alpha and said, "Before we moved, an old friend of mine showed up at Silvertip's borders - I meant to tell you guys about it before, but I guess I never got around to it." No one had been around to tell it to, he recalled. "She told me about a woman from Donnelaith who might be able to make me see things again," he explained, unable to keep the hope that was almost giddy from his voice. "So - so I thought - I mean, I'm gonna go see her. If that's alright with you. I can stay a bit longer, if you think we need it."
What's Mine is Ours
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Not quite sure where this is gonna go since Steady just left cranky in our other thread XD

Since their last interaction, Steady had decided to stay out of Grayday's business. While he had thought about it, he refused to let it alter his own decisions about the pack, or his mood towards Grayday. Basically, he was trying to pretend it never happened. But, that was easier said than done, especially with Grayday before him now. The other male spoke about it being easier to find people, and Steady nodded quietly. He wasn't quite sure what people Grayday was referring to, and he didn't venture to ask.

He listened as the Epsilon explained about someone visiting their borders. One more thing that isn't my business, apparently, he thought. He asked permission to go and see a wolf about his eyes, to see if she could heal him, and asked if he was needed here any longer. Nope, that's fine, Steady replied cooly.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day visibly reeled when the man's good mood took a nose-dive, going so far as to take a half-step back. Quickly, though, he caught hold of himself and remembered that they'd not parted on great terms the last time they'd had a one-on-one conversation. Day had been flying under the radar since then, but had done his best to keep up with the various duties of hunting and border-marking and watching Adeline like a hawk. Apparently, it hadn't been enough to soothe the alpha's nerves.

Day found himself feeling a little annoyed, but what was new about that? It wasn't as though Steady didn't have a good reason, but Day wished he'd see his side of it, too. But maybe that was what Steady was wishing, too. Did he think Day didn't see the trouble he was causing? What was he supposed to say?

"I'm sorry, okay?" he said softly, hoping no one else was around. It hurt him to know that Steady was disappointed in him, and he definitely didn't want anyone else to know. Adeline, least of all. What would she think of him if she knew her dad hated him? "I didn't mean to cause you problems, but - " Best not to make excuses while apologizing. "I'm just sorry."

He thought about offering to just leave, to not come back, but if that was what Steady wanted, he was sure he would know it before too long.
What's Mine is Ours
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Adeline had collapsed pretty much as soon as they had reached their destination. The move had been hard on her, and her shoulder. But, after resting for several hours, and stretching out her shoulder, she had been up and exploring the territory. She rather loved the forest with its white trees that all looked the same. If she sat just outside the treeline, she couldn't tell one tree from another, and that fascinated her. Then, there was the meadow with all its different colored flowers and little insects all buzzing about. It was a whole new world to her, and she was having a grand time exploring it.

She had taken a break, though, and sought out her Dad. He seemed to like the stones rather much, so she headed there. She could see two forms, and trotted towards them. Her eyes made out her Dad and Grayday, and her ears picked up on the conversation. She didn't hear Grayday's request, but she did hear Steady's response, and then Grayday's apology. What are you sorry for? she asked, looking to him a little confused. She hadn't realized Grayday was causing problems at all. Adeline had no qualms about asking what was up. She was curious and she never attempted to hide it.
do you want to break me like you were fourteen
and someone dared you to break the law?
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
The cool facade dropped as soon as Grayday brought up what was between the two males, and Steady breathed a ragged sigh. He didn't want to fight with his brother; he simply didn't know what he had done to warrant the verbal lashing he received the last time they spoke. Steady opened his maw to reply when Adeline showed up. He would normally be happy to see her, but right now she was cutting in on a very important conversation. But, he also knew there was no way of getting rid of her; she was too stubborn for that. So, he tried to save Grayday. He thinks he's causing trouble by leaving to go see a friend who might be able to save his eyesight, he said. 

He greeted her with a nuzzle before turning his gaze back to Grayday. I think we've all been overwhelmed lately, he said. Steady had a lot on his plate, and as much as he wanted to simply forget about some of it, he simply couldn't. He still hurt about Odette, he still feared for his pack, he was still missing his Beta, and while Grayday may not want to admit it, Steady had to plan for his pups. I don't want.... he trailed off, not sure if Grayday wanted his business told to Adeline just yet. So, he changed his words. I want to make sure we remain a family, no matter what, he said pointedly. So, your family would be welcome here, is what he wanted to add. Steady would not lose his brother over this.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Oh great.

Much as he adored that girl, Grayday was just not ready for her to be privy to a conversation like this. She'd long existed to him in a place just between small and grown - not quite a child, because she was his friend and he thought more of her than that, but also quite and adult, either, even now. And this was definitely an adult conversation - he just knew she'd start asking questions as soon as she got wind of any pups. Day wasn't ready to explain - or to have it explained in his presence - that he'd slept with someone he hadn't known, and had left her just as quickly with only vague plans to return to see if anything had come of the encounter.

Luckily for him, the nightmare would not be so. Steady stepped in and saved him, and although Day, in a moment of maddness, wanted to say no, that certainly wasn't why he thought he was causing trouble, he soon caught on to the delicate game. If Adeline saw even a twitch on his face, the game would be up.

Yet again, Steady saved him, drawing his attention from guilty twitching to the new words he spoke. Something akin to forgiveness, this time, and that was better than Day expected. More than enough to patch things over on his side and then some. His eyes flicked briefly to Adeline before he spoke, and having her there made his words all the more true.

"This - you all are my home," he said in a low, quiet voice - because any louder and his voice might quake. "My family. I - I wanna do right by you."

To Adeline, he said, "I'll be back, okay? I'm just going to visit Donnelaith - " To Steady, again, "shouldn't be more than a week, I think. I'll come straight back and check in before - 'fore..."

Well, he knew. Day stood uncertainly before the dark man, eyes searching the other's face and skipping away from the gaze of the other, not wanting to disrespect or incite anger. He just... he wanted to go away for a few days and think all this out, but more than that, he wanted everything to be okay when he got back.
Oh Addie <3
What's Mine is Ours
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Her Dad explained that Grayday wanted to leave, and Adeline looked to him with sadness in her eyes, not hearing much after that. You want to leave? she asked. There was no accusations in her voice, only sorrow that he might be departing. Ezekiel was missing, she knew, and now Grayday was going to leave. It seemed, however, it wasn't for good. But, that didn't made Adeline feel any better. What if something happens to you while you're gone? What if you end up missing like Ezekiel? she asked quickly, needing answers. What she really wanted to hear was that he wouldn't leave.

She looked between Dad and Grayday, then focused on her Dad. Tell him he can't leave. It's too dangerous, she demanded. She fully believed that whatever fate had befallen Ezekiel would happen to Grayday, too, and she didn't want that.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Adeline didn't seem to be taking the news well at all, and Steady could understand why. She and Ezekiel had been the best of friends, and now that he was missing, it was taking a toll on not only her, but the rest of the pack, as well. She pinned him with a glare, and demanded that he order Grayday to stay. He returned a soft look, one that pleaded for her to understand. Adeline, he'll be okay. He knows exactly where he's going, and he has friends there. He needs to see if she can fix his eyes before he goes blind, he explained softly. Steady understood why Grayday needed to do this, especially if he was going to be a father. 

He turned to Grayday then, nodding. I know you do, he replied. You'll do right by us by coming back safely, he added, hoping that would be the case. And, if you happen to see your other friend, he said pointedly, speaking of the Mother, You can let her know she's welcome here. The fact that he neglected to answer that in their last conversation had not gotten past Steady. He had been upset, but he didn't want to lose Grayday on a bad note. If his brother choose to go live with the other pack, he wanted it to be on good terms.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
"Aw, greeneyes," he said when she put up a fight. It broke his heart to see her look so scared, but he was secretly a little flattered that she worried for him. "I'm not going far. 'Sides - one day you're gonna wanna go somewhere, and you wouldn't want me begging your dad to make you stay," he teased, leaning down to give her cheek a quick lick. "Maybe next time you'll come with."

Well - not next time. But maybe the time after that. Day turned away from the girl before he got too emotional - Steady's words didn't help any, either.

"That means a lot to me, Steady," he murmured with a hesitant smile and bright eyes. Don't say anything else this time, heven warned himself, almost laughing both at his stepid joke and the relief that the alpha's words caused. Instead of speaking, he stretched his neck to bump his head against the alpha's shoulder and touch his nose to his chin.

"See y'all in a week," he promised, waiting just a beat longer to see if anything more needed to be said.
What's Mine is Ours
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Her ears swiveled back onto her head as he commented on her begging her Dad for him to stay, and she jerked her face away him, refusing the lick of friendship. It was not a comment she liked, and she actually took offense to it. Her features pulled, turning from sad that he was leaving, to angry he would make such a comment to her when all she wanted him to do was stay, and it was something she would have done anything to make happen. Well, maybe up until he said that.

Adeline turned, and quickly trotted away from the pair without another word. Her heart had hardened in that instant, and she refused to let herself feel any more about his departure. 

Last from Adeline.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady's expression changed to surprise when Grayday decided to tease Adeline about her doing whatever it took to keep him here. He wasn't surprised, however, when Adeline went silent, and then stalked off. His gaze followed her, worried, before it turned back to Grayday to fix a pointed stare on him. Dude, he said, as a "what the fuck?" Steady knew Adeline was missing Ezekiel, and he also knew she had turned to Grayday to fill that spot of best friend, at least for the time being. Grayday may have just ruined that.

Steady wouldn't say more on the issue, as he knew Grayday would need to decide what to do about it. Stay safe in your travels, he said, and he truly hoped his brother would. At least Steady would know where to go looking this time if Grayday didn't return.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day was startled by Adeline's rejection, and hurt more than he would ever let on. For the time being, he remained woefully ignorant of what he'd done to warrant such a reaction - but he could tell by Steady's disapproving comment that he was the only one.

He stared after the girl for a long moment, uncertain now whether or not it would be right to leave. He wanted to go after the girl, apologize, but he'd proven already that words would only make things worse. Too, he wanted to demand that Steady tell him how to fix this, tell him what he'd done wrong, at least... But his heart was too heavy, and he knew already that it wouldn't do him any good right now. Even if he knew what he'd done wrong, he doubted Adeline would want to see him now - and he had to go. This was his chance. In a few short weeks he would have to make the trek to Silver Creek, and who knew when he'd be back again?

"I will," he said softly, still staring after the girl. If only it were my tongue and not my eyes, he thought, even as he resolved to figure this out, to fix it and erase the cold look in her eyes. He only hoped it would not progress to the hateful look Odette had given him.

Turning, Day went on his way.
What's Mine is Ours