The Sentinels I know you didn't plan this- but it is me you left behind in a world so cruel
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Private 
@Lotte, mainly, but I won't mind others popping in if they want their characters to know Chusi is leaving to live with Arturo.

After her sudden meeting with her cool uncle, her happiness reflected in the way she hopped back to donnelaith, she was sure to tell at least her scarfed friend that she was making her leave. She was sad to cut it short with the coastal wolves, but Arturo had stolen her young heart with promises she just knew he would keep. Besides, she would visit from time to time... it wasn't that bad... but then why did she feel this stinging guilt in her young, broken heart? How many more homes did she have to leave behind to find her place? It hurt, but not enough to make her go back on the promise she had made to Arturo. She was to join his Teaghlaigh, grow up to be a little warrior (or a big one, who knew), and she was not giving up her dreams for wolves she barely knew. Somewhere she knew deep inside that Lotte would not come with her to the forest, but a part of her hoped the scarfed one would reconsider.

She lifted her small head and let out a howl for the scarfed woman- her voice louder than expected from such a young soul. It was a summoning call, one with urgency and mystery.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
hämähäkki, muodonmuuttaja, satakieli
310 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Bard
Rogue
Short post just to get the ball rolling!

Lotte’s limbs were immediately set into motion at Chusi’s cry. Although she had not been given much time with the tiny dancer, she felt a responsibility toward her pikkusisko and it was with urgency that she arrived at the girl’s side. Immediately her broad muzzle sought to search the ochre-eyed cub’s smaller frame for cuts, bruises, or any hairs placed amiss. “What is wrong, pikku susi?” she crooned in a soothing mezzo-soprano. “Tell your isosisko.”
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi was unharmed- her coat only carrying with it the sand she had fallen in several times just for fun, but that was to be expected. The only thing "amiss" would probably be the smell of Arturo and the faintest scent of Blackrock Depths. When her big sister came into view, the little girl smiled brightly. It tickled how she sought out her small frame, and she let out a few chuckles. Nothin' 's wrong, isosisko. She let out- catching her breath slowly. 

Uncle 'Turo came by- he wants meh to join Teaghlaigh! Imma be part of his family! He's settlin' in a forest nearby and he 's gonna hide a bone for meh there. She squealed elated. Her tiny feet were tripping with excitement and a feeling she could not explain. He 's gonna come for meh tomorr'w- he also asked if ya wanted to come alon'. Do ya wanna? She rattled on.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
310 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Bard
Rogue
Lotte listened intently as her pikkusisko spoke glowingly of “Uncle” ‘Turo, all the while poking and prodding at the small, soft body to tease more laughter from the little girl. “Ai,” ruefully breathed the rogue, “you speak my tongue so easily, while I gnaw so poorly at yours.” She made herself low, quietly regarding the girl with warm sincerity as she darted a lick toward Chusi’s nose. “You are a warrior already,” she praised, keeping her timbre free of the sadness she felt for Chusi, a tiny treasure that seemed to constantly pass from hand to hand. For the short length of time Lotte had known her, the ocher-eyed girl had been through two homes — and if her tale was anything to go by, this Teaghlaigh would be her fifth. Protectiveness and irritation at this injustice swelled within Lotte’s breast, but her face was a dark mask that bore only patience and kindness.

“Voi, Chusi,” intoned the hoyden with true regret. “I cannot. I made a promise to the johtaja of Donnelaith,” and if I could be free of this place, I would make a home beside my kaksonen, she silently finished her thought. Still, she found it hard to deny the little girl anything. “I will help you get ready for your journey,” she promised, “and I will think about what you have said.” There was nothing of import she could glean from the Ravensblood Forest wolves — Constantine and Aria were leaving, stripping Lotte of the need to infiltrate their ranks — and she could not join them under pretense of being Kitku without presenting a very real danger of losing her focus at some point down the road. “He will be your isä, then?” she asked. “Your father?”
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Her growing body wriggled from position to position as her older sister tickled her body- if only she was big enough to get some friendly revenge! A barrel of laughs left the tiny mouth of the wave dancer. I can only speak what ya tell meh. She said- actually quite interested in what language she was always speaking in. Why did she do it? It was obvious she could speak English, but why the random words of a totally different sounding language? She giggled at the sudden cold, wet nose she got. Really? 'Turo said he'd teach meh how to be a warrior. She said, her face showing that she was deep in thought. How could one become what one already was? Would it just be a better version of what one already was if one kept learning? Chusi supposed so.

Her first joy-filled face was now almost a waterfall of sadness. Chusi wanted to be with her older sister very badly, but Donnelaith just wasn't the place for her. She belonged, she found, next to Arturo (Or a little under him given her still child-like frame). She made a sad puppy-face. I'll still visit! Will ya come and visit meh too? She asked- knowing she was probably unable to change her scarfed caretaker's mind. Thank ya... She said sadly. She was surprised with how easily her sister could give her away to a man she barely knew. Then again, Szymon, Doe and her monster-mother had been no different. It felt like everyone was just dying to get rid of her but Arturo, and the freedom she got with it was actually quite nice...

Father? What's a "father" supposed to dow? She questioned. She only understood vaguely what a father was meant to be and do. Still, 'Turo wasn't her father-And Zephyr wasn't either. They weren't her REAL fathers- the real one had never been seen by the ocher eyes of his own daughter. 
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
310 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Bard
Rogue
Realizing her mistake, Lotte rectified her praise: “Arturo will train you to be a warrior, yes; but you have a brave heart. A warrior’s heart.” Her heart twisted painfully at the little girl’s luminous ochre eyes and crestfallen expression, but the soot-stockinged rogue had been raised to accept duty and responsibility when she must. She was admittedly impulsive, but she was adamant about keeping her word once it was given. “If Arturo allows it, I will visit often,” she stated firmly, already assured of her welcome for Chusi’s sake if not for Arturo’s himself. The argent-eyed hoyden recalled what the Ceannasach had told her in confidence and what she, in turn, had given him in clandestine whispers and surreptitious slips of the tongue. It had been difficult for her to feign surprise at Chusi’s announcement, and unbeknownst to the girl Lotte had already prepared a cache of items for the little girl to take with her, but she felt honest incredulity at the foundling’s question. “My tongue is tied today,” she admitted, smiling kindly at the girl. “A father is a guardian to teach and care for and love his cubs, but I forgot — you call him Uncle ‘Turo. In my home pack, if a father is lost in battle, sometimes the leader of a clan becomes a toinen isä — a second father.”
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
The child's eyes sparkled with wonder- a brave heart. That sounded amazing! She had gotten so many titles ever since meeting Darky and Szymon. The butterfly of the coast with a brave heart. Yes, she liked how that sounded. She shrugged slightly, but the pride was very obviously spotted in the way she carried herself. I just wanna protect mah friends- old and new. She said innocently. Of cou'se he'll allow i'! He's 'Turo! She let out with a tiny chuckle. Arturo was nice to everyone. Well, at least so far. Who knew how he was with other loners, but Chusi had the idea he and her older sister got along very well.

But 'Turo isn't mah father- he's... She debated, not knowing where she was taking this. Arturo wasn't just a friend, yet he wasn't family by blood either. She frowned. He's 'Turo...
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
310 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Bard
Rogue
Lotte watched, bemused, as the little girl strove for nonchalance. “He is a very kind, strong, and handsome leader,” she intoned in her quiet alto, “but he is Ceannasach, and he must prove that he is worthy of his followers’ fealty. It would not be right for me to lurk at the borders very much while they are still being formed.” The soot-stockinged rogue found it difficult to explain her feelings; she did not wish to detract from Arturo’s claiming of the wood, but when she was around him, she found herself so drawn to him that she stood like a thick, furry roadblock in his path and longed to do little else. “When Teaghlaigh is more solidified, I will visit more,” she promised. She watched as Chusi puzzled over her words and shook her head in brief apology. “The ways of these wilds are different from my home,” she explained. “Of course, he is not your isä — nor your toinen isä. He is your Uncle ‘Turo and that is just as it should be.”
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Alrighty, I guess... She let out, a little somber about Lotte not being able to visit soon. Later, when they were a real pack, Chusi would look forward to her visits though. She liked spending time with Lotte, and she hoped the sudden switch of caretaker was not a big deal for her big sister. She really meant no offense- she just felt like Donnelaith had never been the right place for her. She smiled at the scarfed lady and, if Lotte would not pull away, place a kiss on the young woman's wet nose. Chusi then yawned, quite tired of the whole day, but admitting it? Never!
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
310 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Bard
Rogue
I wrote replies to all of Lotte and Coelacanth’s threads this morning and lost every single one of them because my computer ate them, so this will suck and I have no will to make it better. I am sorry. x__x;

Want to wrap this up with your post and have another after I get back from absence?

Lotte smiled fondly, returning Chusi’s gentle kiss with one of her own. Playfully she aimed to scoop the little girl close with a curl of one large paw. “You have a big day tomorrow, pikku soturi,” she said delicately, not wanting to offend the young girl by enforcing a curfew. The soot-stockinged hoyden was a sister figure, not a mother; she had no right, she felt, to try to push rules upon the ocher-eyed girl who was just getting her paws beneath her after the multitude of shuffling and twisting her life had undergone. “Let’s go back to the den and I will show you the gifts I have prepared for your journey.” There, she would gladly sing the foundling to sleep or tell her all the stories she wished.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
oml, nooooh! I hate it when computers do that! :( I'm sorry for your loss... and sure!

Lotte's mouth was around the size of half her head, and her "mane" got all messy by the kiss that had been given to the small child. Before she could escape, if she even wished to, Lotte had her in her grasp and Chusi giggled. A big day was indeed ahead of her, with even bigger adventures to follow. But for now, sleeping was the adventure Chusi looked out for. Thank ya, isosisko. She murmured sleepily, and would follow her big sister to their den to receive her gifts with gratefulness and listen to a few stories before falling asleep.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**