Silvertip Mountain Has to do with how you make me
233 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
All Welcome 
Backdated to September 8th. Assuming he left @Zoratto and @Vixen somewhere close by, but either of you are free to pop in if you'd like!

The male had acquired for himself a group of travelers, towards which was felt grateful. To not be alone as his quest was carried out had proved to be better than going alone. He'd unknowingly drawn from the both of them some amount of courage so that he'd eventually been able to head towards the borders of the mountain. Before having left for the pack, he'd informed Zoratto and Vixen both of his plan, as well as had given an estimated time of return. And though he'd shared with them his desire to complete the task by himself, he'd not specifically said that neither could accompany him. Had either of them decided to do so, he wouldn't have noticed anyways, the thumping within his chest drowning out all other sounds.

When the familiar scent of the pack had flooded his senses, he'd brought himself to a stop. It was after a great deal of hesitation that he'd eventually been able to throw his head back, loosing a howl for both Fitz and @Steady. It was clear that his intention was not to join, though his voice had wavered slightly throughout his song.
Come on love me like a Kamekazee
We'll go down in flames together

Thread titles are from Simon Curtis' "Super Psycho Love"
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady laid at the mouth of the den he now shared with both Adeline and Niita. He was pleasantly surprised that all seemed to be going well with the transition of Niita into the den. He had been worried about Adeline's approval, but it turned out that he need not be. His niece had simply asked for her freedom, and bounded off to get into trouble, he was sure. She seemed happier, though. After her attack, he knew her usually lively personality had dimmed, but he was sure she would bounce back from that once she was fully healed.

A howl brought his head from the dirt and his ears perked. It didn't sound familiar to Steady, and he wasted no time in standing to shake his fur out, and headed to the borders. The gray male that appeared in the distance could have been confused for one of the ones already a family member here, but then why would they be at the borders? No, this was not one of his brothers. Though, he did look familiar, all the same. He came to a stop, his posture mirroring that of an Alpha. Can I help you? he asked. He eyed the male curiously, knowing he had seen him somewhere before. Then, it hit him. Alastor, he said, a smile appearing on his features, and his tail wagged.

It had been some time since Steady had seen the male, but he remembered him saying he had wanted to go on a journey. Fitz had been gracious of the request, though had told Alastor to check in every so often. Being the Alpha for several months now, Steady knew that he hadn't, but he didn't hold it against him. He assumed his travels had taken him too far to continue to travel back and forth. How are you? he asked. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

155 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Zoratto followed the Greek, stealing glares at the woman who had came along with them. He wasn't a fan of this flirtaeous woman, even when it was clear that neither Alastor or himself were interested. The Dotharan was annoyed by her very presence, but she was with them nonetheless. He sucked it up, trailing after Alastor to the mountain which he spoke of.

A black male came and greeted them, strangely affable. Perhaps it was only because Alastor was here. If it was only Zoratto or the red woman, well...

He stood silent behind Alastor, watching the wolf who greeted them with curiosity. He had no say in this conversation, he was Alastor's follower, regretably.

33 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Only a cameo!
I don't wanna be holding you guys back <3

Vixen was now attached to them, unable to get rid of the magnetism to them that had so randomly taken ahold of her. But did she even want to get rid of it? Perhaps not, maybe there was something about them that made her feel safe, without need to please anyone because they truly were not interested in what every other male ever before had been: Her cunt.

So she walked beside them, sharing as little about her with them as they with her, but enjoying the peace, and the company, nonetheless. But when they reached the mountain foot Vixen slacked behind. There was just something about high places that didn't appeal to her nature, and so she's told them she would meet them when whatever Alastor had to do up there had been done.
233 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Alastor had watched the direction into which Vixen had gone prior to his stopping at the mountain, wanting to be sure that they would not lose one another. Surprisingly, the male had not gone along with her. Rather, when he had come to a stop at last, he'd noticed that Zoratto was still there with him. Before his howl had rung out, he'd offered a smile towards the other boy, silently thanking him for being there. His presence hadn't been absolutely necessary, of course, but the support offered by his presence had been very much appreciated. Though large in size, the Greek wasn't always the bravest of souls, so having his companion there assisted in putting his mind at ease.

The first to arrive at the borders had been Steady, who hadn't seemed to recognize the foreigner at first. No offense was taken, however, for a great deal of time had passed and, to be fair, he'd never spent a large amount of time with the man when he'd been one with the mountainous pack. They'd known of one another, yes, but not in depth. When the realization had been made, he'd dipped his head in greeting, then smiled once he'd risen it back up. "Steady, it's good to see you," he'd voiced, a slow wag of his tail going the extra mile to show that he was being sincere. "I'm well. How are you?" On the outside, the other seemed to be well, too, but he'd remained silent in order for him to answer.

After a break in his speaking, he'd noticed how there'd been no one else to arrive after the dark male. His posture suggested that he was a leader, but, even still, Alastor had expected the previous king to show up. Curious, he'd asked, "Where's Fitz?" Was he sick, perhaps? It was possible and, if so, the male hoped that he'd be feeling better soon.

The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady's eyes turned to the silent male behind Alastor, instantly wondering who that was. He had assumed Alastor was here to rejoin, and maybe brought a friend, but the Alpha knew better than to voice that. It would have been awkward for him to welcome his previous pack mate back, only to have him decline. Instead, he turned his gaze back to the gray male. I'm doing well. I'm glad you are, too, he said with a smile.

He was about to ask what he had come back for, but Alastor had his own questions. Steady's expression fell a bit when Fitz was brought into the conversation, but he knew he had to let Alastor know what happened. Fitz passed, he said softly. Not very long after you began your journey, he added, remembering when Alastor had announced that he was going. The famine hit us hard, and we lost more family before it was over. Chaska and I are what's left of what was Fitz and Zaria's pack. He tried to lead with his brother in mind, and he hoped he was doing him justice. 

In an attempt to lighten the conversation, he tried to steer it back towards Alastor. I hope your travels have been rewarding, he said. Are you just stopping in? He still wondered if Alastor, and maybe his friend, were looking to stay.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

155 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Zoratto still was not that familiar with the common tongue's intricacies, and most of the words, especially the names, flew over the Dotharan's head. It did not concern him in the slightest; this was a personal matter for Alastor and he had no interest or say in the matter. It was all pleasantries and reacquainting with old friends. Soft stuff.

233 Posts
Ooc — Kuro

To hear that his old packmate was doing well, too, was nice. It made him feel less guilty for having left, but hadn’t been enough to rid himself of the feeling entirely. He wanted to tell of why he’d gone, to explain to both Steady and Fitz what had drawn him away. Yet, he seemed to know even before the other spoke that he’d not be able to do so. When the leader’s face fell, Alastor immediately experienced a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. Something had happened, he knew, and his suspicions were confirmed at last when the news was shared. Silent, his own expression dropped from that of joy from a reunion to sorrowful, the fate of the man having hit him hard. The distress was amplified when he remembered how he’d left, as well as how Fitz had been the one to save him from the life of a loner. When the foreigner had been down and unable to see the brightness of the future, the late alpha had been there to pick him up and give him a home. Knowing that he was dead now and that the Greek had not been there to save him… it hurt.

“I’m sorry,” he said. “I should have stayed to help. I shouldn’t have left when I had.” The argent wolf shook his head, ears being pulled back in the process. There was no way for him to know that he couldn’t have helped Fitz, and it was because of that that he felt the guilt smack him ten times harder than it had before. Heavier had the load become when he’d realized that there were only two left. Two wolves from the pack that he’d once lived with, two wolves that hadn’t died or left. Realizing that he wouldn’t be able to bump the number to three made him hang his head, feeling worse than ever.

The conversation was steered back towards him, but the news he’d just received was not forgotten. It lingered at the front of his mind, nagging at him. “They were,” he’d been able to say somehow. Thereafter, however, he’d temporarily lost his voice. Only a nod could be offered at first, confirming that he wasn’t there to stay. “I came to apologize for leaving as abruptly as I had,” Alastor came to say. “I joined Silvertip for a selfish reason, and my misdoings eventually caught up to me. I am sorry for having not been able to devote myself entirely to Fitz, and for not having bothered to search for a reason to stay with the pack.” At that point, he’d dropped his body low to the ground, head tilting downwards as a way of bowing.

“I seek your forgiveness.”

1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady quickly shook his head. While he understood Alastor felt bad about the timing of his departure, it was all in the past now. I don't think you should beat yourself up about it. Things happened the way that they did, and no one can undo it. Steady thought he knew better than anyone that the choices they made affected others, and not always in positive ways. Could Alastor have helped after Fitz and Zaria's passing? Maybe. But, he also may have died along with the others in the famine. 

He listened fully as Alastor went on to explain the reasons behind joining Silvertip, and that they weren't exactly for the pack. Steady wasn't sure how Fitz would have responded to Alastor and his confessions, but he himself would not hold anything against the other male. If forgiveness is what you really need, then you have mine, he said honestly, though he didn't attempt to speak for Fitz. I only hope that things are going better for yourself. He would not wish any ill will towards Alastor, even if the male himself felt bad about his reasons for being here in the first place. Steady wouldn't dwell on it.