Broken Antler Fen Entrance of the dove
Darkness exists to make light truly count
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Ever since the incident she hadn't had any feeling in her tail, still hadn't and it scared her.  If only she had never caught sight of that Silvertip male... the Silvertip wolves were like a curse in a way to Odie.  Just when you thought they would go away forever, they returned.  It hurt especially though to know that Sebastian had been in contact with Steady.  She would do her best to understand though, especially now when it was growing so close to winter.

Winter.  She had always wanted to see it.  She smiled faintly as she remembered Krypton telling her about winter, almost as soon as her smile appeared though, it disapeared.  Krypton was a Silvertip wolf, she was not good in Odette's eyes and would never be as long as she remained loyal to that pack.

373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana had gotten back to her mostly-easy going attitude, thought here were still moments when her memories plagued her. But, she worked harder at controlling them and making sure they didn't overcome here. She trusted Seb and Pearl, and had faith that there was no one here that was going to hurt her. So, she strolled around the territory a little bit more freely, exploring mostly the areas that had plants she might know. But, she took the initiative to look around the parts that didn't, too.

A scent came upon her. She had caught a few times since she had been here, and knew who it belonged to, but she had never met the young female. Aviana thought maybe now was a good time, and so she followed it. Odette came into sight, and Aviana naturally lowered her head and wagged her tail in friendliness. Hello, I'm Aviana, she greeted, introducing herself.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
She turned at the sound of a greeting.  Aviana, she had said.  For a moment Odie studied her trying to remember where she had first seen Aviana.  Then it came to her, that introduction meeting.  Although they had never really talked that much.  Other than that Odette found her eyes instantly drifting to a certain part of Aviana.  Her tail.  She watched it wag for a few moments feeling longing to join in as a glimmer of jealousy flowed through her.

"Hi Aviana, I'm Odette or Odie for short.  You're from the meeting right?"  Odie cocked her head a bit to add on to her question, but still found that glimmer of jealousy within her.  It wouldn't go away.  So she did her best not to show it, but still couldn't keep her envious gaze away from Aviana's wagging tail.  She felt bad.

373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The pup seemed to focus on something behind her, and Aviana turned to look, but seen nothing, or no one, there. So, she turned her gaze back to the young female. Odette. She had heard that name before. Then, her memory was jolted when she asked about the meeting. Aviana chuckled, Yes, from the meeting. I'm sorry, I didn't even recognize you! You've grown since then. She hoped Odette wouldn't take offense that she hadn't realized who she was right away.

Aviana did not miss Odie's gaze continuing to look behind her. Once again, she turned her head, but found nothing there. Is there something back there? Something she was missing? Aviana was generally on alert for others around her, so she felt she would know if someone was back there. Aviana hadn't even noticed Odie's tail, as she was focused on her face.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
She ripped her gaze away from Aviana's tail as she noticed, forcing herself to not look back there again.  Aviana apparently had not noticed yet and Odette wasn't too sure that she wanted her to noticed her disability just yet.

She gave a shake of her head.

"No, sorry thought I saw something."  She replied looking sheepish.  Then awkwardly trying to find a subject to turn the conversation away from where it was going she tried to change the subject, "so how did you meet my Dad and Mom..."  With sudden realization that Aviana may not know that Sebastian and Pearl had adopted her she was quick to back herself up, then again it was possible that Aviana could know because it wasn't like the whole thing was a secret or anything like that.  "I mean Sebastian and Pearl, they uh adopted me."

373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
It seemed as thought instantly, Odette moved her gaze from whatever had attracted it, and said that she thought she saw something. Aviana nodded slowly, still wondering what was up, but she let it go. The conversation moved on, and Odette asked how she knew Seb and Pearl, and confessed that the pair had adopted her. Aviana smiled. I was wondering if they had. I mean, I knew they were taking care of you, but I'm glad that things are official, she said happily. And, to answer your question, Seb is my brother. So, that would make me your Aunt! she exclaimed, hoping it made Odette as happy as it did her. She hadn't been sure where Odette had come from, or how close everyone was, but Aviana was thrilled to see she was already an Aunt. Well, at least if Odette would have her as one.

How are you liking it here? she asked. She knew Odette had been here at least as long as she had, since they were introduced at the same meeting, but she asked anyways, taking an interest in the younger female.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
So this was her Aunt... she smiled lightly at the thought.  "I really love it here at the Fen."  She replied to Aviana's question.  "Especially swimming and fishing, that might be my favorite thing to do... next to being around family of course."  She told her with a small shrug, tail forgotten for now.

"So since your my Aunt, it makes me curious.  What was Sebastian like when he was little?  Do you have any stories perhaps?"  She asked with a playful smirk as her imagination tried to picture her Father as a tiny little puppy and whether he had been obedient or crazy or somewhere inbetween.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She was glad that the announcement that Aviana was her Aunt gave the younger girl cause to smile. Aviana hoped they could become close, but she didn't want to push it. Her ears perked when Odette mentioned she loved to fish and swim. I'm not a bad fisher, she commented. Maybe we could go together some time? She phrased it as a question, so that the other could easily say no, if she wished.

She couldn't help but smile when Odette asked what her adoptive father was like. Oh, well, with me, he's always been my protector. I always know I'm safe when I'm with him, she said honestly. If she didn't feel that way, there was a high chance she wouldn't have stayed here. As for stories... she trailed off, trying to think of one. It had been so long since she allowed herself to think of the happy times of her past. There was this one time, when we were starting out hunting, we both were chasing a rabbit. It ducked into a log, and he tried to go after it, and got his head stuck! I had to break the log to get him out! She could look back with laughter now, though at the time she had been a little worried he'd be stuck in there forever.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
The story made her laugh.  Carefree.  Happy.  Her Father really must've been some klutz when he was young to even get his head stuck into a log... perhaps in some ways he still was.  The fishing outting that her Aunt mentioned made her smile too.  She sure had a cool Aunt even if they weren't technically related by blood.

"That is so funny!"  She exclaimed.  "He must've so clumsy."  Slowly her laughter began to fade and she shifted onto the fishing.  "The fishing trip sounds fun though, perhaps we could go out and catch something once the pups are born?"  She offered.  "I just can't wait to meet them anyways... it'll be nice to see little ones running around."