Duck Lake sweet dreams
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
12.03.16 — Ending added.

Xan hadn’t the slightest of clues as to what sort of thoughts he’d inspired the formation of in his playmate’s mind. He’d only been teasing, really, and hadn’t stopped to thoroughly consider his words prior to speaking them. He’d simply spoken that which had come to mind, disregarding the possibility that his statements might hurt the other boy. He wasn’t the sort to think that far ahead usually, and the current situation was not an exception to his bad habit. Then when Cam had scoffed, he’d taken it as a sign that his intentions had been understood, and that was that. There was no need for him to feel troubled or make some sorry attempt at apologizing when, to his knowledge, they both had recognized that his words were spoken with the desire to poke fun at the other being their only purpose.

Pale ears perked as the answer to his query was received, viewing his meeting of the other wolf as an opportunity. Once the question was directed back to him, Alexander nodded. “Yeah, sort of,” he began, then went on to explain what he’d meant. “We’re in the process of getting settled and everything, but it’s nice.” His latter words were accompanied by a shrug of his shoulders. At first, the grove hadn’t seemed like a place that he could ever refer to as his home, given just how different it was to Blackfeather. Yet, the more time that he spent there, the more attached he’d grown to it. It wasn’t the valley that he’d been born in, or the forest that he’d been raised in, but it was definitely something.

“Since you don’t have a home of your own, how about you come to mine?” he suggested, jumping at the opportunity he’d noticed moments prior. “We could play all the time.” Believe it or not, he’d not meant to insinuate anything. Xan had yet to accept that he could find other males attractive, and he wasn’t at all capable of flirting—with any gender, mind you. He was, perhaps, the most oblivious yearling around when it came to stuff like that. In spite of his oblivion, he couldn't help but feel a twinge of joy when his offer was chosen to be considered. It wasn't a yes—and, unbeknownst to him, it never would be—but it was good enough to allow for the pair to part on good terms. It was with a lighter heart that Alexander left his newfound friend, already having planned to track him down again in the future. For the time being, however, he made his way back towards the grove, where he would patrol the borders and then rest.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”