Big Salmon Lake Not all who wander are lost. But I am.
marrow of the spirit
87 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
I LOVE this huge group! How awesome! :D

Their journey had been a long one, but not unpleasant. The days were warm and comfortable, their pace had been slow, and with but a few exceptions, food had been reasonably bountiful. Feeding a group of eight wolves, however, was no small feat, and even when their hunts proved successful, the small game they managed to catch did little to truly satisfy their empty bellies. Still, though, their trip had been peaceful and, for the most part, enjoyable. It was a welcome escape from the grief and pallor that hung over the verdant boughs of their previous home in Sterrenvuur's forest. The death of Liyano and Fatalis had struck all of them hard -- losing the alpha was traumatic for every member of the pack, no matter how lowly or unknown they might be -- but none so hard as the children of the regal pair. Devastation had left little but a somber shell of the vibrant, adorable girl Verrine had slowly but surely fallen in love with in the months since he'd met her. Julooke, daughter of the fallen pair, traveled with him now, for it had been his idea to leave the pack and make this journey to nowhere in particular.

A wonderful surprise it had been when others had volunteered to join, including Julooke's youngest brothers Yildun and Arrakis. Barristan, Aysel, and Aysun had joined them as well, and all of them had become close to one another during their journey. Verrine considered himself the leader of their group, and took it upon himself to ensure their safety and well-being. He hunted tirelessly, with the help of the others of course, to keep hunger at bay, and he scouted their surroundings relentlessly to ensure everyone's safety. He took particular care to watch out for Yildun, who was blind and helpless. Despite his condition, the snowy yearling had kept up with them and had managed the journey with little trouble. Verrine remembered when he had been just an awkward puppy, and he looked back on their first meeting with fondness -- when Liyano had nearly brained him, thinking his handicapped son was in danger. The memory painted a faint smile on Verrine's face, though it brought with it the familiar pang of sadness as well.

The band drew to a halt near a large lake, and Julooke was the first to speak. Fish? she suggested, and Verrine thought it was a good idea. "Definitely," he replied, bumping her gently on the shoulder. Everything he did, he did for her. She was his everything, though he would never say that out loud around her, of course. He knew she was broken inside and it would take her a long time to heal, but he would stay right beside her as her friend, protector, and confidante, no matter how long it took. "It'd feel good to cool off in the water anyway. It's hot." He flashed a grin at Barristan, whom he had come to consider a good friend, and both of them waded into the water. The feeling of the cool ripples soaking through his thick fur and lapping against his skin was wonderful. The area was beautiful and quiet, and as he reflected on Aysel and Aysun's reports of the lands they had seen ahead, he contemplated thoughts of staying.
Messages In This Thread
Not all who wander are lost. But I am. - by Julooke - July 29, 2013, 07:43 PM
RE: Not all who wander are lost. But I am. - by Aysel - July 30, 2013, 06:21 PM
RE: Not all who wander are lost. But I am. - by Verrine - July 30, 2013, 06:59 PM
RE: Not all who wander are lost. But I am. - by Yildun - July 30, 2013, 07:16 PM
RE: Not all who wander are lost. But I am. - by Beric - July 30, 2013, 08:19 PM
RE: Not all who wander are lost. But I am. - by Aysun - July 30, 2013, 09:05 PM
RE: Not all who wander are lost. But I am. - by Arrakis - August 01, 2013, 12:49 PM
RE: Not all who wander are lost. But I am. - by Julooke - August 02, 2013, 12:11 PM