Firestone Hot Springs A Wash of Tranquility
Before Alice got to Wonderland she had to fall
41 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
All Welcome 
Warmth. Warmth was the first feeling that washed over the she wolf as she ventured further into the lands, grey and white fur tingling as she passed many steaming hot pools of water. A smile grew across her muzzle as she allowed her body to relax as the warmth caressed her, dainty paws stepping carefully as she attempted to find somewhere comfortable to rest her weary legs.

The white female's cerulean eyes surveyed the area closely till she found a prefect grass covered spot to rest, tail flicking to the side some as she began to circle around her chosen resting place a couple of times, till she finally lowered herself down comfortably upon the patch of warm grass.

Ahh. Having taken the weight off her aching paws, Amari could feel her muscles loosening as the rare feeling of relaxation took over her. A content sigh escaped her grey and white muzzle as her head was gradually lowered to the ground, cerulean eyes slowly closing as a sense of tranquillity took over.
When you think all is forsaken,
Listen to me now
You need never feel broken again
Sometimes darkness can show you the light
286 Posts
Ooc — Jess
It was reassuring, to Shrike, to find a warm day even as the summer had ended and autumn had begun. It meant better luck for Lucy, though he felt discouraged still, having come so close to finding the young girl just before she'd disappeared again. He'd decided to broaden his search, roving farther away from his home territory as he searched in vain for the missing girl. But, with the chill of fall temporarily at bay, he was able to enjoy himself slightly, satisfying the wanderlust that had often ached deep within him. If nothing else, at least he was content to stay in the Caldera so long as he still had missions which would require him to rove to and from the pack at will.

He'd been tracking the scent of partridges and scanning the flatlands when he saw something white partially hidden by grasses ahead of him. Fluffy, it seemed, it had to be fur. Almost immediately, he imagined that whatever creature it was, given that the wind was not in his favour to reveal its species to him, it had changed into its winter fur too quickly. A weasel? Maybe, or a jackrabbit. He lowered himself and began to stalk forward, but a shift in the wind caused him to abandon his stalking and stand up sheepishly. It was a wolf. Duh.

Given that he'd been able to creep a bit closer, standing up now he could see her better and make out the defined shape of a female wolf, petite and slender, curled up in the grass. She had a slim, effeminate muzzle and glossy silver and white fur, looked young and in good health; attractive, in Shrike's standards. He gawked at her somewhat awkwardly for a moment, taking just a second to wonder if she was as attractive as Allure or not- her eyes were closed, of course, and that would be the deciding factor- before he decided to move away and allow her to rest.

And that first kiss coming, let's just freeze the frame
Your eyes were closing, as mine were opening
41 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
White, fluffy tail curled tightly around her hindquarters as she rested, ivory ears pivoting atop her small head as she listened to the many sounds that chimed around her. This place was so peaceful and relaxing, a feeling Amari hadn't felt in a long time; not since she left her homelands to venture these unknown wilds. As far as the she wolf was concerned, this was well deserved, especially after such a long journey.

Though as Amari lay upon the grass, the young female couldn't help but feel as if she were being watched from a distance, black nose twitching as she fought for the moment to whether or not she should open her eyes. A sense of slight annoyance crept over her as she pondered quietly for the moment. Did she really want to socialize today? A sigh escaped her white and grey muzzle as she finally opened her eyes, her cerulean blue stare peering around at the terrain as she slowly lifted her head from her paws.

”Is someone out there?” She called, tail swaying calmly at her side as it brushed softly at the grass below her. The female remained laid upon the ground as her head turned both ways, blue eyes searching the landscape for the source of her sudden paranoia.
Listen to me now
286 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Shrike baubled on his feet slightly when he heard a clear and slightly concerned voice ring out. He swerved in his path, drawn by the sudden need to see this wolf's face, now that she was awake, but before he moved back in her direction, and could only see the tops of her ears presently, he cleared his throat and replied. "Yep. S'me. I'm friendly." he said, biting his lip a moment later when he realized how idiotic he sounded. I'm friendly? How cute.

He moved back toward the pale female, pausing only when her head turned toward him and he met her gaze for the first time. He lowered his head in a shy greeting, cheeks flushing warm when he saw the heavenly blue of her eyes. Shrike, naturally, as introverted as he liked to think he was, was a sucker for a woman with striking looks. His ears flicked back modestly and his tail swayed gently at his ankles, as though he was a peasant finally getting to meet a member of thw nobility. "I'm Shrike," he said quietly.

41 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
White rounded ears caught the sound of a masculine voice unexpectedly sounding in reply, blue eyes searching cautiously as she gradually decided to bring herself to a stand. Straightening her posture and giving her shoulders a roll as she began to prepare herself for anything, it was then that Amari's blue gaze caught the onlooking silver stare of the male. The female couldn't help but blink some for a moment as she suddenly felt rather awkward. Eyes peering down to the floor where she had been previously resting, the small female replying with a simple, ”Oh..” She then forced her head back up to look at the wolf once again as she offered him another smile and continued, ”Friendly is good.” Amari allowed her tail to sway in the warm breeze behind her as she pondered on his choice of words. Finding them unusual, though, admittedly, somewhat amusing.

Undecided on whether to move from her resting place, Amari merely shifted her paws on the spot as she watched the male's reactions quietly. Cerulean eyes observing curiously as his head ducked down some and his ears flicked backwards, her own head tilting to the side as she watched him. Her eyes taking in his appearance, making a mental note for the future.

Head straightened as the male offered her his name, the white female giving him a bow of her head in greeting as black lips parted, the female in return offering him her name, ”Amari” she smiled slightly, ”A pleasure to.. uh.. meet you.” Maybe she would have to relax another time and maybe for a bit longer.
Listen to me now
286 Posts
Ooc — Jess
She stood up, and it was with sidelong and shy glances that he took in her full form, from her flowing coat and lissome build to the delicate and trim cut of her legs. She had fine features, especially with those strikingly beautiful eyes to enhance her overall beauty. It was official, and as a shy smile stole its way across his features, he knew it. A new infatuation held him it its grasp.

She seemed meek, perhaps a bit shy but maybe that was because he'd caught her in a vulnerable state and she was just being cautious. "Amari," He said, amusing himself with the fact that both of his infatuations had a name that started with the letter A. "Pleasure's mine," He murmured, and then, a bit apologetically, he continued. "Sorry if I woke you up." he said and before he could stop himself, he blurted "You already got enough beauty sleep anyway."  For a second the shy smile stayed on his face, until he realized he'd spoken his thought out loud. He turned his face away to hide the look of surprise and horror, and swallowed hard. What was wrong with him!?

41 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
The young female, though pleased to meet a wolf that meant no harm, couldn't shake the awkward feeling that crept its way over her. One ear twitched some as she watched Shrike carefully, even though he'd clearly stated he was friendly, she still remained cautious as they stood shyly looking to one another.

Amari shifted her white paws on the spot, ears listening to Shrike as he repeated her name, blue eyes shimmering in the light that caught their stare as she glanced down at the ground sheepishly. The petite female instantly lifting her gaze some as the male continued, Amari offering him a gentle smile when he came to apologise for waking her, though his next words that escaped him caused the white and grey female to let out a gentle laugh.

”Thank you.” She chuckled slightly, tail giving an amused wag behind her as she looked to him with his head turned away. Tilting her own to the side with an unquestionable smile across her lips, Amari gradually lowered herself to sit upon the patch of grass beneath her, ”If what you say is true, then I guess it's no problem that you awoke me.” Allowing a soft giggle to pass her muzzle, she continued, ”Are you a venturing loner too?” Blue eyes watching curiously as she sat waiting for him to turn his head back around to face her.
Listen to me now
286 Posts
Ooc — Jess
"Sorry." Shrike apologized immediately, interrupting Amari for a moment just as she began to thank him. His lips pursed and he stared away pointedly. Why was he this awkward about things? Every thing? Why was it that he suck at talking to pretty females? Peregrine had warned him of this. Peregrine had said that he'd not wanted kids when he'd been Shrike's age- and then all of a sudden he'd wanted to have billions of them. This Amari was gorgeous; she'd have beautiful children, certainly...But two children had been abducted or killed from the pack- was he so sure he wanted to give into his silly attractions and chance having a child die or be stolen away?

"Ahuh." He laughed dryly, when she said it was fine that he'd awakened her. Yeh, she certainly didn't need any more beauty sleep, she was perfect enough as it was. "Mmhmm," Said Shrike, for some reason seemingly incapable of speaking more than a syllable or two. He cleared his throat. "I live in Redhawk Caldera," He said, gesturing his muzzle in the direction of the pack. "Gamma. Out scouting," He said. "You...Have no home?" He asked quietly.

41 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Amari merely shook her head when he apologized once again, blue eyes shimmering in the dense light as she peered around briefly, ”It's okay..” She said softly eyes looking to him once more as he looked away, ”I can always sleep when I'm dead, eh?” The white and gray female let out a slight laugh and then continued, ”Or at least when the moon appears.” Her tail giving a twitch about her paws as she sat quietly watching Shrike, ears pivoting a top her head as he replied in short bursts rather then a sentence, the she-wolf frowning some as he seemed to become less talkative.

She listened quietly to Shrike as cleared his throat, Amari's head tilted to the right as he began to tell her the name of his home, eyes following his nose as he gestured to the direction of Redhawk Caldera. A smile formed across her lips as he also told her his rank and the possible reason for their meeting. Being a scout, one had to venture the lands, that Amari was aware of. Finding this place was an accident for her! A small smile of sorts formed its way across her white and gray muzzle at his question, the young she-wolf giving her head a simple shake before replying, ”I'm afraid not.” She shifted herself on the spot where she sat sheepishly ”I have to admit these lands are kinda new to me..” The female gave her shoulders a slight shrug, ”I guess you could say, I'm a lost lone wolf.” She sighed softly as she gazed down at her paws, though she couldn't help but feel somewhat amused at the thought.
Listen to me now
286 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Shrike's expression would have been priceless to see when Amari said she could sleep when she was dead. Of course, he was slightly horrified at the thought of seeing her eyes filmed over and form prone, just for the sake of sleeping, but after a moment or two, he caught the fact that she was simply joking, and cracked a bashful grin. "When the moon's out, yes," He said, with a nod. Of course, some silly impulse made him want to say somehting about how pretty she'd look in the moonlight, and how he'd love to see the reflection of the moon's pale face in her startlingly blue eyes, but he kept his trap shut, feeling almost horrified when that thought struck him. He needed to control himself better than that. 

He felt his heartbeat pick up when she mentioned that she did not have a home, and that she was new to the lands; it meant that she'd likely want to find a place to settle down for the winter, if not longer, and that she likely had not met many other wolves who might lead her to their pack instead. Selfishly, Shrike found himself wanting her to join the Caldera, though he hesitated for a moment as he wasn't sure if she had the skills and mindset necessary to do well in the pack. She seemed quite meek and polite, and he was quite aware that Peregrine and Fox were much more extroverted and could be borderline crude with their sense of humour...Enough that he thought maybe Amari might be uncomfortable around them. But then again, she'd adjust, wouldn't she?

"Don't have to be lost," He said. "I found you." He said, with a tiny, hopeful smile. "Could...Maybe bring you to the Caldera? Could vouch for you, at least," He said. He had no idea how adept she was at hunting, guarding, caretaking, healing or anything- but he felt hopeful that she would notn let him down if she did go with him.

41 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
I apologise for this crappy post, real life is pretty draining atm >_<

Blue eyes gleamed as she watched his expressions silently, the young silver and white female indecisive on whether she had been too dark with her humour, though when she saw his bashful grin; a feeling of relief washed over her. He got it. Round white ears perked forward a top her small head as he spoke, blue gaze watching him as he replied; Amari finding herself smiling at him in an odd and rather girlish manner, especially when he had finished speaking with a nod of his head. She couldn't help but find him charming and though his words seemed few, he appeared to have a way with them. Whether he knew this or not.

Offering him another smile, her head tilted to the side as he began to speak once more; her blue eyes shimmering as she stared at him, Amari's smile slightly growing at his comment of having found her. Indeed he had. Gradually lowering her head some, ears still listening to the sound of his voice, her eyes now curious as he then mentioned about taking her to the caldera and vouching for her. The petite female's head rose almost instantly, cerulean eyes gleaming in the dense light as she gazed at him, somewhat stunned. She found herself staring up at him, speechless. Though managing to find her voice, she looked to him and replied softly, ”You'd...do that?” Pink tongue flicked out from her mouth as she licked her muzzle, tail curling around her paws she gradually peered down to them sheepishly, ”I mean.. I would like that.” She said. The she-wolf giving him another smile, a singular ear twitching as she gently brushed a front paw against the moss below her before adding, ”If they'll have me that is.” Amari slowly looked back up to him, lips parting as her soft voice slipped from her white and silver muzzle, ”If I do, y'know it means I'll be in your debt.” Her smile slowly forming into a playful grin, black nose twitching as she gave him a small wag of her tail.
Listen to me now
286 Posts
Ooc — Jess
'Tisn't a bad post at all! I'm gonna head this thread toward a close, given all the calamity in Shrike's life at the moment. Feel free to have Amari go to the Caldera with the intention of finding Shrike, but he won't be there and I have no idea how she'll be received XD

As soon as Amari seemed to like the idea of going to the Caldera, Shrike began to wonder if he was making the right choice. He'd never seen her hunt, and had no idea if she could hold her own in a fight. All he knew was that she was polite and pretty, and wouldn't squabble or cause fights with the other pack wolves. He didn't really want to parade her back to the pack like he'd found a winning prize, and instead came up with a more reasonable plan. 

"So long as you make yourself useful, you should be welcome." Shrike said. "We're a pretty loyal pack," He said, and was quite sure of it, as he couldn't remember the last time a wolf had come to the pack, been accepted and then been kicked out for being useless. "Just...The Caldera's straight thataway," He said. "Bring a food offering, or something, maybe. Our guardians can be a bit...Tough on lone wolves. But I'll try to get to you first." He said.

41 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Not a problem! :) I'm still unsure of what I'm going to do with Amari anyway, I know in another thread I have with Amari, Cypress has just 'saved' her and has currently asked where her home is. Truthfully I'm looking for a pack that suits her persona xD

As she sat there for a moment, ears pivoting a top her head as she listened to the sound of his voice; Amari began to ponder on her sudden decision to join a pack. Quietly lifting her head from looking at her small paws, the white and silver female gazed back to Shrike with a small smile. Was she even ready to become part of a pack?'All because she had met a handsome stranger at a hot spring? Amari allowed her mind to spiral with questions and almost forgetting about Shrike's instructions on joining the Caldera, along with which direction to take. The female shook her head for a moment, clearing her mind before looking back to the male, ”Okay.” She nodded, though still unsure on whether she should carry on with this decision and go ahead and join the pack, or back out once she continued on her journey. Either way, it was something Amari knew she had to thoroughly think out first.

”I guess..” She paused for a moment, feeling rather lost in thought, ”..I'll just go and see what I can find.” White ears twitching some as she peered to the ground and then gradually back to the male with a smile. She was still unsure of what she was going to do as she slowly stood from being seated, tail giving a soft wag as she stared in the far off direction he'd pointed out, ”I suppose this is fair well.” Amari smiled and dipped her head as she added, ”Though if I don't make it to the Caldera..” Cerulean eyes peering to him slowly as she finished, ”..It was a pleasure meeting you.” With that dainty white paws gradually carried the female away from the springs, though her head turned once to look back at Shrike with a smile before she disappeared from view all together. Maybe she would join the Caldera, though honestly her mind had its doubts.
Listen to me now