Ravensblood Forest Maybe we don't need no reason
91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
@Furiosa maybe? :D

Palisander had been throughly exploring the forest, perhaps being bit absent from the rest of the founders except Isley of course. She was the one he had been traveling with and she needed his medical attention. Or well, he was basically her nurse and did as she told him to do. Typical. Strangely though he didn't mind it too much, he knew it helped her and he liked her to get better.

The male liked the forest so far and he identified one small herd of forest caribou better known as the woodland caribou, a flock of deer he was not certain yet what kind seeing he couldn't get close enough and smaller wildlife. The smaller wildlife was mostly rabbits, squirrels and some raccoons it seemed. Mostly snacks through, not real meals in his opinion. It felt good to be in a pack again, even though they were still laying out the foundations.

The male stopped for a drink before continuing to hum a song he had been thinking of as he trotted to the forest. The young male always liked to sing, it seemed to be a tradition in his older pack where it would actually help with the mood of the pack. Slowly the humming turned into soft singing and before he knew it he was getting so into it that he was singing the song out loud, his paws hitting the ground in the beat of the melody.

"You were looking at me like you wanted to stay
When I saw you yesterday
I'm not wasting your time, I'm not playing no games..
I see yaa.."

"Who knows the secret tomorrow will hold?
We don't really need to know
Cause you're here with me now, I don't want you to go."

Just casually 'stealing' this song like Palisander made it up because it fits Isley and Palisander, whee xD 
72 Posts
Ooc —
ask and you shall receive <3
also, i hope it's OK if this takes place a few days back -- before she heads off on her scouting trip.

The song, as songs tended to do, attracted the attention of another. Unfortunately, the other did not have a penchant for crooning melodies; not for singing or hearing them. She felt it was a largely useless talent, meant only to scare off prey or to be otherwise very annoying, and her opinion of singing hadn't changed upon joining the fledgling ranks of Teaghlaigh. Still, Furiosa supposed it wouldn't do for her to go around shouting for everyone to stop singing, like some crooked-backed old lady.

She followed the voice, trotting swiftly so that she might disrupt the song as soon as she could. "Yo!" she barked when the male had come into view. He was classically ordinary-looking, with burning orange eyes and an otherwise handsome physique. He reminded her of when the sun would crest against the highest east-cliffs, back on Ocra's Beach. "You must be the Hunter," she mentioned, having already met "the Healer". "So you can understand when I say: I'm trying to hunt— could you pipe down?" Despite her choice of diction (and the fact that she was lying), Furiosa wasn't speaking as unkindly as she meant it. This was her packmate, after all, and she guessed that she should come to love him as Family.
91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
"Maybe we're perfect strangers
Maybe it's not forever
Maybe the night will change us
Maybe we'll stay together
Maybe we'll walk away
Maybe we'll realize
We're only human
Maybe we don't need no reason"

As he was signing there was coming a pale female in into his view with quite a persistent trot. She seemed very uptight and where was the fun in being serious? Palisander knew that he perhaps had already scared off all the prey animals. He had given up on hunting, alas he had already scouted out what kind of herds were around, and the smaller meals were disinteresting to him. So he just continued singing, rather confidently so, though only when she stopped talking he continued at full blast.

"Maybe we're perfect strangers
Maybe it's not forever
Maybe the night will change us
Maybe we'll stay together
Maybe we'll walk away
Maybe we'll realize
We're only human
Baby we don't need no reason
Why
Come on, come on, come over
Maybe we don't need no reason
Why
Come on, come on, come over."

As he continued this part his paws thrummed more against the ground with grin, basically serenading it to her now. His butt swinging as he did and walked around her. Really getting in the beat of the song he was stomping with his paws. He could be terribly annoying but he was a good guy at heart. He liked things beautiful so he could even appreciate this female's beauty. He slowed down his song a bit. "No one but you got me feeling this way...," he singsonged battering his eyes at her. Though it was all very playful. "There's so much we can't explain... Maybe we're helping each other escape." He was clearly having fun. "I'm with you...." This could either make her smile or give him a nip in his butt. He was used to it as an older brother teasing his little sisters or other family members. She was one of those so he didn't see any difference.

Wheee! Definitely Pali was just hanging around. I am loving this thread already haha."
72 Posts
Ooc —
Her request went very plainly ignored, a fact that was a thousand times more infuriating to Furiosa because she had bothered to ask. That act alone had been tough enough for her to commit— to be blatantly ignored after trying to act kindly, was enough to put her off attempting such ever again. Her eyes had widened at first, clearly bewildered by his insubordination, but they had narrowed now, simultaneous to the slight tucking of her muzzle towards her chest. She glared at him until he finished, letting silence drag between them afterwards without expressing a verbal opinion on his serenade. Their relationship would immediately seem strained to an onlooker, but in the Póilín's eyes, this was just a male who needed to be told things physically, rather than verbally.

Without intending to harm him, only tussle, Furiosa (in vile playfulness) lunged at Palisander.
91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Palisander hadn't really expected her to appreciate it, after all she had told him to stop. But the confident male watched the signs. It seemed this was another of those feisty females. He noticed the clear sign of her moving her muscle forward towards his chest. The male already took a step back. Though when there was no verbal communication yet and she jumped forward he just jumped to the side into quick dodge, though he liked to think it was quick. Palisander let out a playful bark, not seeing her attack as serious at all. She was a packmate and they were both just being taunting and silly towards one another.

He was not really a fighter. He rather liked to play tricks and have fun. He jumped forward towards her, jumping from side to side, sinking down to his front legs and tail playfully wagging at her. Perhaps it was almost an invitation. He knew he could annoy others but they just had to learn that it was not personal. He was just being him and trying to lower some of the tension that he created by play.
72 Posts
Ooc —
The Hunter was living up to the moniker she had chosen to tack him with, deftly dodging to the left and leaving the brawler of a woman snatching playfully at nothing but air. She snarled, whirling on him even as he dipped into a bow, hips waving and tongue lolling, inviting her physical game. At least he wasn't offended by her attack. She didn't truly mean anything by it— though it was by far her preferred way of communicating— and as long as he didn't have a problem with the way she was, it wouldn't be long before she'd come around to his singing, or whatever other mannerisms he had that she'd discover in due time.

For now, she was quite glad not to have him cower at her feet or become genuinely ferocious towards her bad manners; she had after all been assembling some sort of play herself, not at all wishing to harm a member of The Family. She swung a forepaw at him, attempting to herd him into the spot of her next intended move, which was to jump on him and initiate a growling bit of wrestling.
91 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Palisander seemed pleased about the fact that the other was responding to his invitation to play. Not all was lost, and perhaps there would become a family like bond later. Maybe she would just be the sister he liked to annoy or one he could play with. Palisander liked it already. Plus the tension was avoided by play which seemed to be the best option here. In his eyes everyone had to be more playful.

The male jumped away from the paw movement, probably into the trap the female was setting. He wouldn't mind to wrestle a bit. He jumped forward in her direction to initiate perhaps a bit of the wrestling part. He had the feeling that this female wouldn't look away from that.