Firefly Glen Pulling me under
288 Posts
Ooc — KJ
I’ll fade in my post and send you a PM!

The raven-furred boy’s tail began to wave, spattering droplets of mud that he paid little mind to; he mirrored Amari’s gesture of respect, dipping his mire-dappled maw low, and waited quietly as she began to think over the idea. In truth, Cypress had been denied very little in his four months of life, so it was natural for him to expect that the girl would do what he wanted — the thinking process was just a formality. Owed to Eshe’s doting nature, he and Rannoch had wanted for nothing. He was unsurprised but greatly pleased when she agreed to walk with him, and a boyish grin parted his muzzle, tongue lolling jovially as he replied with confidence, “Don’t worry. They’ll like you. They would like you even if you didn’t take a bath.” Though he had come to the glen to find Lucy, he felt as though rescuing Amari had been an important step in the process. The fledgling’s mind whirred wildly, coming up with a plethora of conclusions, all of them chimerical in nature: perhaps the next wolf he found would be the right color fur with the wrong color eyes; perhaps this good deed would grant him a clue that would lead him to his blackbird; perhaps Amari was actually a fae or a phantasm and would lead him to Lucy herself; perhaps, perhaps, perhaps. The possibilities seemed endless.

“My mama has been sick,” he informed the girl, “and my paw might be out searching for my brother. He’s…he’s gone missing.” For the first time since their meeting, Cypress’ voice felt taut and strained, even without mentioning Lucy. Talking about his missing littermate and the ensuing loneliness of the forest was painful enough. “Someday you’ll meet them — all of them,” he promised her, reassuring himself as much as the murk-spattered girl, “but if you don’t get to today, maybe you can meet my aunt Kaskara or my sister Allure instead. Or October!” He chattered on as he led her back toward Neverwinter Forest, stopping just long enough for both of them to bathe the mud from their fur.
Messages In This Thread
Pulling me under - by Amari - October 08, 2016, 03:58 PM
RE: Pulling me under - by Cypress - October 09, 2016, 04:17 AM
RE: Pulling me under - by Amari - October 09, 2016, 08:09 PM
RE: Pulling me under - by Cypress - October 14, 2016, 11:02 PM
RE: Pulling me under - by Amari - October 15, 2016, 06:07 PM
RE: Pulling me under - by Cypress - October 21, 2016, 11:48 PM
RE: Pulling me under - by Amari - October 23, 2016, 04:34 PM
RE: Pulling me under - by Cypress - November 05, 2016, 12:36 PM
RE: Pulling me under - by Amari - November 06, 2016, 07:42 PM
RE: Pulling me under - by Cypress - November 21, 2016, 07:28 AM
RE: Pulling me under - by Amari - November 21, 2016, 05:21 PM