Sunbeam Lair I couldn't believe it, wouldn't it be great
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Private 
Just over the horizon had the sun started to peek out, readying itself for a long day of filling the land with light and warmth. Something had stirred her awake, but the culprit went unidentified for she’d not taken notice to any of her daughters as having been awake. It mattered little now, anyways, for already was she wide awake and ready to start her day. She did not, however, wish to disturb any of the sleeping forms, and so it was with great caution that she’d picked herself up off of the ground. Carefully were her paws then placed, legs carrying her body out of the den and into the cool fall morning. The time necessary to stretch out her body and warm up her muscles had been taken, as was her usual routine. Thereafter, she’d peeked into the den for a final time before setting off on a morning walk, limbs leading her far away from her sleeping quarters.

As she’d eventually neared the cavern’s entrance, she was reminded of an important task. Shortly after, Asterr had tilted her head back and loosed a short howl for @Jolon, summoning him to the exit. It was about time that he be sent out on his mission.

Short post to get this started, heh.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Kyyneleitä virtaa vasta alakerrassa.
210 Posts
Ooc — Marie
He had barely slept that night- knowing that sooner rather than later he'd be sent away from his home, his beloved Avannon and everything dear to him to find the filth that was Judas. It didn't feel right, it didn't feel natural, yet he had accepted the difficult task. Hell, if he hadn't, he was sure he would've been thrown out of the pack without even a pardon. He grunted softly, moving to lie on his other side. At least the pain in his leg was gone and he was feeling good again. He was surprised of how much he had missed the ability to walk stable.

When Asterr's howl was carried by the wind to his ears, he did not let her wait. He got up with a tired look and stumbled to the opening where he already saw her waiting for him. I assume the... task is the reason why you have called for me? He asked, making sure to keep his distance from her and carrying his body low.
A Man with Two Souls
A Power that Mercilessly Controls
Please Someone Help him with this Demon
Make this Free Spirit a Freeman
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Out through the entrance had her gaze trailed, beholding the land and wondering to herself what all might be found out there. Whilst she’d traveled on numerous occasions in the past, never had she explored the entirety of each and every region. Now that she was readying herself to send someone out into the vast unknown, however, she’d made herself curious. Yet, little of her time had been spent considering all of the possibilities, for she hadn’t been made to wait long before she was alone no longer.

When the male spoke, she’d looked towards him and assessed the distance between them. Next came the way he held himself, and then the tone that he’d used to speak. Never would she forget what he had attempted, and all that he had said, but now was not the time to focus on those specific happenings. There was something far more important to think about, which deserved the majority of each of their attentions. After reminding herself of this, the dragoness nodded, confirming his assumption. “Do you recall all that I told you?” Asterr questioned. “Are you aware of how this matter is to be handled?” One wrong move could lead to the suffering of the entire tribe, which she would not tolerate. It was bad enough that revenge was being chased after, she didn’t need for that to then cause a greater wave of destruction.
210 Posts
Ooc — Marie
When Jolon had entered Teekon many moons ago, he hadn't explored any area but the mountains and the lands slightly below them. He was nervous to see more of Teekon, but the grin reason why he would be blessed with the beauty of these lands did not make him particularly happy. Still he had accepted- for Avannon, for himself and yes, even somewhat for Asterr. He knew he could never undo what he had done, but making it up with such a long mission was the length he would go to earn her trust in him back. He was hers, in a different way that he was of Avannons, and his loyalty was not completely soiled with the bitterness Asterr had acted with these past moons.

I do. He answered, his tone as serious as it could get. Find Judas' pack, talk to his leader and possibly bring them both to Asterr. It sounded so simple like that... Not like a year worth of searching, but Jolon feared that was the time it would take to find one male and one specific pack they knew nothing about. I'll be away for quite some time, huh? Can I trust that I could return here even if I take long? He questioned, the words pushed off his lips with much effort.
A Man with Two Souls
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
A claim was made that he’d yet to forget her words, and thus she’d nodded, taking his word for it. Should it turn out that he had lied, and something terrible stems from that, then she would handle it once the moment arrived. For now, however, she took what she’d been told as the truth, believing that he would not lie to her during such an important moment. She wanted to trust that, given the origin of the task itself, he’d not lie about any aspect of it. That he would honour his word and take all that she had once told him to heart. A mistake could not be made, and emotions could not be acted upon out there. For him to keep a clear head was a necessity, that way there may exist a greater chance at justice being achieved.

Prepared to send him off without another word, it had come as a mild surprise when he’d asked a question. “It will take a great length of time, yes,” she’d commented, agreeing with his statement. “But you will still be permitted to return here once it has all been drawn to a close.” Asterr was not a malicious creature by nature. She could not arrange a deal and then go back on it simply because the results might not be to her liking. Reasonable, she was, and honourable. “If you have found no leads by the end of your third month out there, return here,” the girl stated. “If at any time the quest for justice turns into a desire for revenge, you will turn back no matter what. Am I understood? We cannot afford a war.” Winter was fast approaching, and her children were far too young to be subjected to violence of any sort. To search for justice was a fine path to follow, but the moment someone blurred the lines, started acting out and wishing to enact revenge, was the moment where everything changed; the alteration was one that she would not allow to take place.
210 Posts
Ooc — Marie
He bit his lip as Asterr agreed. Staying away from home for more than a day was nauseating to the man, and he had to regain his stability for a split second. The positive side of him, however small, said that this was an opportunity, not a curse. He guessed he agreed, though it didn't make him feel much better. Alone he'd have to be, unless he found someone to help him on his difficult journey. He doubted it. Who in their right mind would help him find the filth that was Judas? He had to do this all one his own, something he was familiar with but not happy.

You are understood. He said as she was done talking. 3 months without a lead... That seemed awfully long. He guessed he could lie and come back by the end of the month and say he felt a desire to seek revenge, but that was not Jolon's style. He already felt great pleasure thinking about all that was to become to the male that had so mercilessly raped one of theirs, but it was never revenge he sought. This was simply a task that needed to be done, for not even karma would come to the rescue. I guess I'll be on my way then. Please, tell Avannon I said goodbye. He said, his low voice somewhat shaking as he stepped outside, the cold autumn air already making him shiver.

Until my return, Asterr. He said, waiting for the last words of the dragoness to be fully dismissed. 
A Man with Two Souls
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Last post from me~

Everything she’d said had been understood, and her previously given rules agreed to. He would track, he would speak, and he would return. Within the lair would be where the beast took his final breath, his life being taken in exchange for the crime that he’d committed. It was not at all fair, not entirely. It was an eye for a tooth, but it would have to do. Balance would be restored afterwards, she knew, and so she worried little about the consequences of her coming actions. Whatever fate befell Judas, he was deserving of it. For from the dragon whose soul mingled with her own, there came a strong desire to breathe fire upon the impure, and so burn the male, she would.

Asterr nodded, agreeing to share with the pallid woman the news of his departure. How she might react, the dragoness could not predict, and so she began preparing herself for anything. He was watched, then, as he’d crossed the threshold of the lair, entering the world beyond their own. “Good luck, Jolon,” the girl voiced. “May the dragons guide you to Judas.” With that, she would remain there and watch until he departed. Thereafter, Asterr would return to her children, the time to tell Avannon being saved for later in the day.