Cedar Sweep but rye love isn't good love, boys; Did I ever tell you 'bout the time I -
Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and show them who they're dealing with.
227 Posts
Ooc —
Dag didn't seem to understand, and as she watched him shake and try to, Amber felt her heart crack. She had done this, she was the reason he was hurting right now - she might be doing the right thing now, but she would never forgive herself. 

"N-No, Dag. Not yours - its just not possible."

By now, her words had softened - even her stance fell into one more neutral, but she did not step closer as she so yearned to. His protests hurt more than him not understanding, and the accusation brought her ears falling back. She was not blind to his struggling breath and worn out look - this, too, was her fault. 

"I mated with Grayday, first, Dagfinn, but you mean a great deal to me: you were willing to take care of me at a moments notice, to claim the pups without a second thought and work yourself ragged trying to take care of two packs. You were willing to love and care for a woman you didn't know.... If I'd have done all this right, maybe I could have been the one you needed. Darling, it's just not fair to you.... I need to do the right thing, for myself, for you, and for the children. What else would you suggest I do?"

There was no chance she would let Grayday go now that she'd got him - nothing the younger man could say or do would sway her decision to go to Silvertip with her knight in shining armor. There was no harm in hearing the boy out, though - maybe he actually would come up with a better solution. Be it an excuse to ease her guilt, then fine - anything to make him feel a little better.
[Image: Z077D80.jpg]
Messages In This Thread
RE: but rye love isn't good love, boys; Did I ever tell you 'bout the time I - - by Amber - October 15, 2016, 12:22 AM