Swiftcurrent Creek red spring
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

There was a touch of caution as she slowly neared the Creek's territory. Their boundaries were plainly marked, and seemed to speak of a solid force here, so the last thing Amekaze wished to do was incite their wrath. However, she had said that she would come eventually, and she intended to hold her word. After resting for a day in the depths of the murky wetlands, she had felt ready to travel closer.

But she only lingered a good distance away from their claim and observed the surroundings very carefully before she dared to raise her voice to the cloudy skies that were only just beginning to darken with dusk. It was a quick, concise message: Ferdie?, and she hoped that he was around to hear it. If not, the dark Rikudou would not be lingering long. This pack smelled numerous and all the fellows she had seen from their lot seemed healthy. As uninterested in conflict as she was, it would do best not to linger too long to test her luck. After all, it was only the curious Ferdie that she had any interest in seeing.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Ferdie's ears perked up keenly, he heard something over the creek's burble... pulling himself out of his shared den he stood and stretched, elongating his back and spine. The brute's chest still ached, though the medicine the mad doctor gave him made him feel it less. Ferdie was beginning to wonder if this pain would never cease. It seemed he carried his baggage with him for to long.

With a great shake of his body, extra hair from his now dull but still well groomed pelt filled the air briefly before settling. Ferdie set off in the direction he thought he had heard the call. His eyes well adjusted to the dimming light, caught sight of her and his breathing hitched in his throat, she had come, she really had come! Suddenly there was a bounce in his step that had not been there since the first and last time he had left the territory.

He jogged up to her, and out of the pack boundaries gently he shoved his head to her shoulder and rubbed her for just a moment before stepping back lest she thought him over friendly, even though she was a sight for his sore eyes.

"Ame" He smiled his tail now held low instead of high over his back waved with delight, His tone held a smile and a jest "I have missed you my 'intriguing' friend, But I had no idea where to find you even if I were to leave this place, What brought you here?" He had not forgotten of her in fact thoughts of her made him want to leave the pack even more; but he still felt loyal to the pack and his loyalty was a fierce thing, not easily dissuaded or broken.

His eyes brightened and his head lifted to a comfortable position, and he spoke as if it were an after thought, "I have a red tail hawk nesting in the tree above my den and each time I see the bird I think of you" He wanted to overwhelm her with talk but thought it best to let her speak a little aswell
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

As silence settled around her, she did her best to fight the uncomfortable knot of anxiousness sitting heavy in her chest. She hoped that Ferdie would have heard her as she was quickly coming to realize that loitering here outside of a (likely strong) pack did not suit her any. But, before very long at all, she pricked her ears to the sound of someone coming. Ame's dark tail gave a small switch for it was the one she sought and accordingly, she was relieved by the familiar face.

He greeted her warmly and with a depth that no others did. This left her stilled and silent for a moment more, but with another small tail wag in an effort to accept the unfamiliar greeting with as much grace as possible. Ferdie, hello, she chuffed softly. He seemed to be in good spirits. Ame had wondered about him after he had wrecked into the rock like that. Mm, I usually stay near the coast on the gyrfalcon mountain and its forests, or by the river. She mentioned with a vague gesture of her snout. This was private information that somehow, he seemed fit to know. Actually, there is no one good place to find me.. I still roam often, she admitted. Usually it was best that she come to you.

But I said that I would come. My travels had crossed the mountains, so I thought to see how you were, she explained and watched him; she did not want to be intruding on anything, assuming pack wolves had much else to occupy themselves with, but nothing about him seemed to treat her like a bother. She relaxed a little more and let her lips curve into a subtle grin as he mentioned his hawk. Ah, really? You are keen, they are one of my more favorite of hawks I know, so that is fitting, she mused. They were plentiful in my birthplace, and she had watched them soar frequently.

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Ferdie sat before her, the fog over his mind had lifted, the pain control Lecter had offered wearing off some. Without thought around Ame Ferdie’s throat no longer bore a cough needed to clear itself, with his mood lifted the dark cloud that attempted to drain him lifted a little too. Since he had last seen Ame he had lost a fair amount of weight, he had not eaten prefering to give his catches to the alpha or just plain away as gifts.

Ferdie glanced over his shoulder toward the packland ”Something is going on in the confines of our pack, I can’t place my paw on it but something is, So I can’t stray to far from our borders, Else I’d love to show you the nest,”

Ferdie sat down and yawned, the lack of sleep was getting to him but he felt border patrol was more important, though the interruption of Ame’ into what little sleep he was able to get was welcome.

Ferdie licked his lips and smiled, hoping to hide how tired he truly was from her. His eyes roamed down her side, but soon found her friendly face agiain so to distract himself from staring at her he continued with his observations ”Poor bird doesn’t have a mate yet though, it’d be lovely if it could find one though the hunting for a bird like that is plentiful around our den”

He hadn’t realized he let slip he shared a den, not that he would hide that information but t’was with a female no less, though she was young and he thought of her more like an adopted daughter to protect then anything else, he had need the companionship to stay sane. He was falling apart slowly, he knew it but he could stop it.

He continued ”I’ve left rabbits for it below the nest hoping it would accept them, so far it has not..” He frowned a little, He had not realized the hawk might prefer fish, but the brute just could not fish to save his life.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She, too, was a little leaner now due to pitiful hunting and her fur just as messy as it usually was. The bulk of her winter's coat had begun to shed out already but she still maintained her longest furs across her nape and shoulders, which only seemed to be keeping itself more prevalent the more she aged. After all, this was her first spring fully matured yet she still felt like she paled, as if this body was not as strong and coiled as it could be. She seemed keenly aware of the possibility while still being unable to achieve it.

The dark loner tilted her head when he said something was going on within the pack. She did not know what that could mean. It is fine, I do not want to intrude or attract much attention from leaders.. but if this 'something' here is not safe, I can go, she murmured, suspicious of what it could mean for her. However, he had said it himself that he couldn't put a paw on it. Ame still wondered what it meant.

She carefully lowered her own haunches to the ground and joined him in a sit. Perhaps he is just overly choosy, she pondered. They did partner for life if able but she also thought they brooded their nests about this time of the year, although maybe this varied by latitude and the birds of Rikudou she had once observed stuck to a different schedule. After hearing that it was not interested in Ferdie's offerings, Ame chuffed softly. Or just fickle. Either way, a mate would maybe enrich his days.. although perhaps he fancies his freedoms, too.. There were many possibilities and Ame could not delve into too much depth. Sadly I cannot say I have seen many other red-tails lately. Surely there are more, she rolled her shoulders. They were not the most common hawk she saw here but with the changing of the seasons, it may change.

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Ferdie is just not happy with my post for the second time, *Grabs Ferdie by the ruff and drags him back to the drawing board*

Ferdie shook his head solemnly ”You have nothing to worry about Ame, truthfully what’s going on is more or a distraction then a threat”

Her words played over and over in his mind, as he soaked up her voice. To him, nothing felt like freedom when he didn’t have someone to share it with. Her words about a mate enriching life struck a sad cord in the brute’s psyche, from the moment he fell upon the earth until he was driven forcefully from his birth pack, He had been taught that ‘mates’ were for life, you needn't say the word life-mate for it was just assumed. However since he had been out in the world he had found no loyalty between wolfs and this place had been no different.

The call to find a mate was especially strong for him this year, he was heading into his prime. But this wolf would not and possibly could not give his heart to another so that it might be crushed ... ... yet again. His gaze fell from Ame’s face down her neck, along her chest and slowly to her paws, he knew she might be staring at him, but like before he just could not help himself. As his gaze traveled upward along her body again his voice came out untempered by his brain ”Devotion to ones love is hard to come by these days, I intend to show everyone that it is possible” Ferdie realized his mouth was moving and clamped it shut looking slightly shocked at himself as he found her face again.

His heart was torn for where it wanted to go; but once he did find a female to love, he would do so with every bit of his fiercely loyal heart. No longer would he even see another female but for his, and he would expect that same fidelity back and if betrayed well that had happened once and he has still to recover.

Ferdie stood abruptly, “wait for a moment please, I’ll be right back”

Ferdie turned and made his way back into the pack land, he’d have to ask permission from the alpha to bring Ame in, but that was not currently his goal, he had two rabbits by his den the hawk had refused, had he known it was Ame that had called to him he would have brought them the first time.

upon reaching the den he glanced up perhaps the hawk was either sleeping or not present. Ferdie grabbed both Rabbits turned and jogged back toward Ame. Embarrassed at himself, for it was not even his right to take a mate he was not an alpha nor was he even high enough in the pack to breed in in place of her. Bah he was beginning to hate spring

Once the brute had crossed past the pack borders, he had collected himself some, Ferdie grinned through his mouthful as he placed both large adult rabbits at her feet, ”These are the ones he rejected, I figured we could make a meal if he did not want it” He really had no clue, these offerings were just way to big and the hawk had to know a large predator lay under his nest so must have be loath to go upon the ground.

The brute was not about to eat until Ame had chosen which one she wanted and started to eat, Ferdie loved nothing more then to see others accept his gifts. He glanced at the sky looking for the hawk ”It was not at it’s nest, I hope it has not left” He hoped he had not driven it away somehow.

Ha there we go, dumb brute don't know what's good for him
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
ahah i feel bad for dumping such rambling mess posts on you but i've been rly wordy lately idk -__---;

I will take your word for it, she replied quietly although she still wondered what it meant. The inner workings of packs here were a complete and utter known to her and she was even feeling so far removed from pack life as a whole that it was hard to remember at times.

She then listened on and was unsure of what to say for a quick second, whether or not to reply in all seriousness when she sensed the heaviness of the subject matter. Everyone? That may not be easy, she smirked. But I understand.. although 'love' is a curious topic, not one I have ventured to explore, so she did not know its depths. She understood familial love best of all and consequentially, the pain of losing them as well. Beyond that, mateship and bonds were unknown. She was left to assume that perhaps one day she would know better. Ame could not imagine what sort of partner she may be. Perhaps a fiercely deep one, but loyal despite her tendency to be aloof.

Ame then nodded when he said he'd be right back. She was left to herself but thankfully not for long. He returned promptly with rabbits and she aimed not to react too intensely to the sight of two full-sized carcasses. Hunting had been weak for her lately and her hunger was accordingly reactive. She couldn't afford to be as picky as the hawk who had turned these down; she nodded, opting for the one to her left and dug her teeth in deep. Ah, well, its loss. I thank you, she said before ripping another piece off. Ame was gracious for this. Exceptionally so. Maybe his travels just took him too far away today to return yet.. she mused, more focused on her meal at this moment. Hard to say.. But as he had said, she hoped he had not left for good.

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
”Well... I intend to show those who matter to me anyway, My venture’s into the field of love so far have not been kind.” Ferdie Von Pelt blinked hard and purposely shut down his memories that threatened to come to the forefront of his mind. He was getting better at that and the better he got at it the better-off he’d be. The brute smiled softly as she ate, the pride he felt at his acceptance of his gift, whether it was re-gifted or not made his ego swell, he needed that right now.

He did not touch the other rabbit he ignored his empty stomach for the time being. Intending on leaving it for her, should he decide to eat the pack had caches’ or fair hunting, thought currently he was not looking for his next meal.

”I’d love for you to join this pack Ame’ if not but for a little while, Hunt with me.” Now he hoped not to scare her away, he was not asking forever just for a while ”More members of the pack means more security” Ferdie swayed his tail happily, ”And most definitely more fun, with you around” He pictured in his mind a pack game of tag, something definitely more light hearted, with Ame’ by his side he felt he could take on the world, or at the very least, this pack.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

It is unkind to far too many, was her conclusion on the subject. She sensed something stirred by the notion in him. His words had further led her to believe. Something had likely happened to him but it was not Ame's nature to pick and pry.

She also noticed he was not eating.. and he continued to not. Again, she wondered why this was as she ate, too hungry to not. The loner was about to question it, after having licked her lips, when he said what he did. Maji..? her tongue slipped abruptly then, for her mother's language suited her more in her surprise and uncertainty then. She righted herself quickly, not liking speaking it to those ears who did not understand it. I do not know your leader... and surely, they—she, I mean—should not want someone who may not stay.. she spoke quieter then, and a little sharper; packs were a strange subject for her. Not to mention, she was not in peak physical shape. And you spoke of a... distraction here? What does that mean..? Before she would ever consider this, she'd want to know at least a little more.

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
A howl was upon the wind and Ferdie's ears turned to the sound though he did not, T'was a voice he was learning well, that of the alpha warning all the wolves in her terra that the Beta and her close ilk were defecting and could do so without repercussions.. humph was his reply and he smirked. "Well that is that. It turns out I was right...." His tail swayed a couple of time, perhaps now the stress levels within the confines of the pack would finally ease. If they passed by here on their way out all they would get would be a concerned stare, he would not attack unless provoked.

Ferdie sat and nudged the second rabbit toward her, "You can have that too, while
I'll explain what has happened... ... I could feel something was going on. I met you while the pack was stressed and I needed to get away. The stress was just easing from what ever that was, when something else flared up making the pack stressed again; but this time not many understood why.

As it turns out our beta collected up a few followers and our alpha is now kicking them out without resentment, she's kind, if not stubborn. Finally our pack might see some peace but our numbers are halved I'm sure."

The call of a pair of Red tail hawks split the air as the two birds flew by, heading further into the pack lands. Ferdie grinned while staring skyward I hope that's my den mate, Good on him if it is! He jumped to his feet and paced the birds a few feet before halting and returning to Ame. As much as he wanted to see the majestic beings he wanted to see her more and if she slipped away he'd never forgive himself.

He watched her then; his eyes more cheerful, the tiredness slipping away from his muscles. If she wasn't going to stay then a game of tag before she left was going to be had. "If you will be not able to stay then I do believe we need a rematch, this time on dry land. He lowered his front end just slightly not wanting to interrupt her meal, he could wait that long.

edited: *Stabs the typo demon with a rusty spork*
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Her ears slicked back as the howl rose up. Some of the finer details of the meaning were lost on her, but Ferdie seemed to understand in full. She was silent to listen, her eyes eventually turning to the other rabbit when he said she could have it to. But why do you not eat? she asked, although was feeling hesitant to outright turn it down.

Her expression furrowed at the tale of pack drama. If it was nearly resolved, she certainly wanted no part of it, but perhaps had to wonder if this would be the end of peaceful times here in the Teekon. Amekaze had always been wary of the complacency here for that reason. Anyway, she shook her head softly. Well whatever the case, I hope the cut in numbers does not impact your pack badly.. maybe it will only be stronger after, she reasoned with a shrug.

Her eyes then turned skyward to the silhouetted birds. She straightened her posture, somewhat surprised to see them suddenly -- they had just been a topic at hand. Seeing it seemed to make Ferdie quite happy. Her tail waved slowly against the ground. We do, she hummed, licking her lips. I do consider... What is your alpha like? Besides.. stubborn, as you said. Do you think I may think highly of her? she splayed her ears again, feeling uncertain in asking this forwardly as she did. And that she may do the same of me..? Ame did not even know her name, only her scent that was so prevalent. If nothing else, the loner did know that much was strong about her...

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Ferdie Von Pelt stood back up properly if only to roll his shoulders. ”Truth be told, I do not feel the desire to eat. I will soon but in the mean time you eat, I love to see my friends enjoy a good meal” He didn’t reveal all the truth, the brute was to lonely and broken hearted still from his past endeavor in love to have the desire to eat, the females around him now just reminded him of ‘her‘ even Ame herself. Slowly though his pain was easing, hopefully fast enough for him to save himself.

Fox is kind, but distant. You would not know how she felt about you unless you asked her yourself, I have been to afraid to ask. I’m sure she thinks me a dumb brute but she tolerates me well.” Ferdie Smiled but his eyes were not in the smile. He wanted to impress the alpha more but he was trying to hard and failing way to often; she seemed to have her sights set upon another male and could see no others.

”She definitely seems much kinder toward females” He added as if he had just realized it himself, the beta had been female too if that had anything to do with the amicable separation Ferdie would never know, for he asked no questions, only defended decisions made by his superiors.

Ferdie would leave it at that for he did not want to pressure Ame. Having her in the pack meant he got to keep her around, which meant spending time with her would not be so far and few between, Maybe he could somehow find a way to get the red-tail hawk to spend messages if Ame left.

Ferdie stepped forward and bumped the bottom of her chin gently with the top of his muzzle "You worry to much," this coming from a wolf so down on himself he rarely ate or slept. Stepping back he yawned again and licked his lips, still completely ignoring the rabbit on the ground

edit: forgot to close a bold tag
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She squinted at him momentarily. Not wanting to eat seemed bizarre to her, but she questioned it no further for in her own way, she may have felt the same depending on circumstance -- the times of her sister's worst came to mind, suddenly. Amekaze wondered if something dire had happened in his days or otherwise yet decided not to press the topic; if he wasn't going to eat, then fine. She slowly reached towards the rabbit to drag it closer to her own paws..

Ame tried to piece together an image of Fox knowing what she now did. However the words of others could only offer so much and as of yet, she had no real energy to associate with her, and no idea what she was like when it came to mannerisms and otherwise. Knowing she was kinder to females was somewhat perplexing, but it worked well for her. Not that she was overtly feminine in tendencies though. I should meet her, then, she exhaled and squared her front paws thoughtfully. I used to have an interest in the Ridge pack, and I have grown very fond of the seaside surroundings in recent months. The beach, the mountains, the meandering Totoka river, and the old towering forests alike. Without them, winter would have not been conquerable, but sometimes I feel... unsure, as if I have overstayed my welcome there for now.. The mountain had still housed her happily, but the coasts were bare to her lately and inspired an uneasiness in her at times even. But, even now, she could feel the subtle pull of the seaside wanting to lure her back.

Mm I do not think so. I may be dead, if not for some worry, she smirked and reached her nose out to lick his briefly. For her basic survival, a measured amount of fear, courage, greed, generosity insecurity and worry were all key.

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Ferdie wondered if she met any other males in her travels, he'd surely be jealous if he knew, but he had no claim to her, none at all, so his jealous thoughts should not be there. Besides he was not alpha it's not like he'd have any right to breed, and next year the alpha here would be old enough to bare her own pups so there would be no way he'd be permitted to have these thoughts unless he left the pack. For pups he'd have to settle on raising others pups, but those thoughts pleased him to, helping to raise the pack pups was just as important as having his own.

He nodded gently at her observations of the ridge wolves he knew all to well the pressures of being a lone wolf, the only thing that saved him was his extra weight last winter, traveling during the coldest months had been harsh. He also knew he shouldn't be doing what he had been doing to himself lately and resided on a hunt very soon, he would hunt and eat, he'd be no use to anyone ill.

"I could call her here if you wish, but if you join and then if you were to leave our pack later and then join another pack. I doubt she'd let you back after that." He cleared his throat gently "However that is the future and none know what that holds so it's best not to ponder it to hard" Ferdie Smiled softly, he for one tried to take things one day at a time, looking to the future was painful for him. He once used to think about the future a lot, now though... Funny how love could change a wolf, for better or for worse.

We could always visit the seaside together, He offered, but truthfully but for the one time he had met her he had not been outside the pack lands by a mile since joining. He'd need to be coaxed away probably, Bazi had been badgering him to accompany her on outings lately too.

He somehow felt there would come a time if they visited the seaside that Ame may not return with him to the pack land and it would be then his loyalty would be tested, whom would own a greater piece of his heart, the pack, or her.
again delving into to the future caused him pain, Pain that wasn't real and may not even come to pass, So Ferdie circled once to clear his mind then sat down, casually picking up a small rabbit foreleg and chewing on it, the taste of fur was not something he hated, in fact he was so used to grooming it didn't bother him, though there was very little meet on this bone at least the brute was putting something in his stomach.

He had yet to call the alpha in he did not want to force Ame into any situation, and somehow he felt he might be, he'd feel guilty if Ame were to become unhappy.

Yet she said she wanted to meet her, so Ferdie decided to call @Fox It would be up to Ame' to ask Fox to join the pack if that was truly what she wanted, if not hopefully the meeting would be amicable and Ferdie and Ame' could catch up on their game they had yet to finish. He tipped his head head and howled a song calling Fox and informing her of a Friend.

Added more and called in Fox
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
*hops in*

Ferdie's call was quickly met with the pounding of Fox's paws upon the ground. She worked her way to him in very little time, and her bright features streaked through the trees with ease. Panting, she slowed to find Ferdie and what Fox assumed was a loner loitering on the borders. The yearling bristled, if only because those not of her pack on the borders made her uncomfortable, but she deferred to Ferdie quickly.

“Yes?” she asked, addressing him directly. To the loner, she only glanced. It was possible it was a potential addition to the creek's ranks, but Fox was never completely positive about this sort of thing.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
thx for waiting on me

To home, she had always been fiercely loyal. Yet she had been a different creature then and there, one not aged by time along in self-imposed solitude and travels. That and she had been younger, as well as shaped to a deadly edge with purpose through her upbringing. Amekaze could not say how deeply her ties would run right now and to a pack she had only just begun to get to know better.

In theory, she could certainly be a loyal wolf, all the more so if she grew attached to the landscapes that house the pack. Relationships with individuals may help. Or may not depending on the types of company amidst the pack. Again, she could not say for certain. She did like Ferdie's company, thought Bazi was decent enough too, while Njal and Haunter were imposing and fascinating in their own right to her. All in all, not bad, but unknowns continued to linger. Knowing of the strange distraction in the air here and the recent split-off of former pack wolves were among them.

She nodded somberly. If she did leave, it would be with a reason, and likely a good one knowing her. As I would expect. I have no set plans to leave, and the only place I harbor real ties to is honored mother's mountain.. but yes, I agree.. the future remains unseen, and she was keen to leave it that way for now. Once she had only seen a future of warmongering in her days to come, in others, the life of a mountain hermit steeped in mythology and naturalism intertwined. Even fleetingly, she had envisioned herself at the head of something great, but these were distant images, too far away to see well yet.

For a beat she appreciated his offer. That would be good, was her quiet reply. She would visit the sea regardless. Call her. If I do not meet with her now, it will only delay the.. inevitable, she said and shifted her shoulders in preparation. Now or later she intended to meet Fox and she hoped that perhaps Ferdie's presence may be of benefit here, as opposed to going solo..

He then lifted his voice in summon and she was silent. A small red-furred wolf soon arrived, and Ame was quick to realize how suiting a name like Fox was. Ame's ears fanned back, her neck drooped, and her tail was lax. Meanwhile, she was studious of the alpha's mannerisms in detail so to react accordingly. Much of the leader's attention was quick to Ferdie with only a passing glance spared for her. The loner could appreciate this, to an extent. She left a pause, assuming he may have something to say. Ame could not yet know how much or how little he would say for introduction; if he did not, she would be swift to fill the blanks. I am interested in your pack, and the implication was, by association, her as well. Ame's eyes were lingering on the small wolf's knees for now, waiting to see how this may unfold.

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Ferdie Von Pelt, was pleased Fox heeded his call so quickly, and once she came forth her offered her the same greeting she offered most of the other pack members, he touched his head gently upon her shoulder in a sign of deferral and friendship. Perchance the dumb brute was finally getting this etiquette thing or maybe only when it suited him? He'd like to think he was getting it down pat.

I would like to introduce you to my friend Ame, and I was hoping you might consider letting her reside here with us. As a Pack member of course.

Fox and Fox alone could make that decision there was no longer a beta to help her, and though he hoped one day he'd earn that right and rank, he was far from making a good impression upon Fox, so his dreams of beta were far from reality this was the one thing he would look into the future for. He had to find ways to show he was a candidate for it. As it were he offered Ame an encouraging smile and lowered his head properly deferring to Fox.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Her thought had been correct, and Fox looked Ame over, scrutinizing every inch of her. At the very least, she knew how to act like a proper wolf, which was more than Fox could say for some of the wolves around here. Ame looked well-worn, and Fox wondered how long she had been on her own. No pack wolf would allow themselves to get that thin without some kind of serious injury. Considering the black wolf looked perfectly healthy aside from the lost weight, Fox did not think injury was the cause.

This time, the yearling addressed Ame directly. “What can you bring to the creek?” she asked. Once Ame was fattened up by their stores, she would likely be able to help them with the pups that would soon be on their way. Able wolves were welcome, but those who brought nothing to the table would be turned away. Fox had no capacity for slackers.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Ferdie provided a good brief of it, calling her his friend and explaining her need of a new home. Amekaze nodded subtly as he had spoken for further confirmation, for it was all true, and she was then still as the yearling-leader looked her over. The loner realized she was not much to see right now, but even in her rough leanness she wore the best she could. Never having been a bulky wolf may have helped this; her very stature was built for agility and her own sort of grace, but this was beginning to become no way to live.

She knew she paled in comparison to what she ought to be. Months alone took their toll and this was plain to see, as much as she may have loathed seeming this way before a potential alpha. Strength... and only more so with, ah, an improved condition, she replied. As out of alignment as she felt, once a balance was struck she was confident that she would improve accordingly. I grew up in times of war amongst competitive siblings, so I have learned.. strategy and offense. And I consider myself a suitable hunter, She spoke deliberately but with a tone of self-assurance to it, although she knew her "team" hunting skills would need some serious polishing. While my personal interest is in history and lore, she added, for whatever it was worth. She believed herself a tad more cultured than the average warmongering beast, which an upbringing as hers may have seemed apt to produce.

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Ferdie wondered his Fox would accept that explanation or not, it would be easier on her to have someone else pass on the history of the pack since Fox herself was not an overtly big story teller. And with the new pups and new members it might be a good idea to have a wolf assigned to the task. Wolves did better when the knowledge they shared was the same, and could look to a reliable source to find it. A history keeper would be nice, someone to help pass down our stories as time passes on, that's how wolves learn from past mistakes no books like humans to keep their tales in.

Ferdie's ears perked and the word Lore, that he was keen on learning, in fact it seemed he was quite taken by this female, even if he wouldn't admit it to himself. Ferdie took a step back and sat down; here he could not help Ame plead her case, though he desperately wanted to. He could possibly use her help to in the training of Nightingale, though Bazi had stepped up to the plate to help him there too. Ferdie wanted to give Fox more reasons to keep Ame define her skills and usefulness even more then she had, but again it was not his place and he had to respect that, He turned his head away from Fox deferring even more to Fox, while waiting for her judgement or further inquiry.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
They were the skills that many wolves had, but the last one was the most interesting to Fox. Because Fox had been with the creek since the beginning (and despite Ferdie's thoughts of her), she fancied telling others the history of it. She even went so far as to tell outsiders about events that had gone down within the bounds of her pack. Most notably, she kept Peregrine informed of the goings on. It wasn't ancient history for sure, but it was history. The lore bit was even more intriguing to Fox, and it was that bit that really sealed the deal.

“The creek has plenty of history, despite being a young pack. Lore, on the other hand...” Fox trailed off, “That is something we lack.” Her own parents had told her short stories, mainly to prove a point or try and tell her that something was wrong or right. The typical ones, like how the turtle once beat the hare. “We have pups on the way, and I am sure they would benefit from a bit of entertainment.” If anything, it would allow Tuwawi and Njal to have a bit of a break from the ever-important duties of raising their children.

“Get yourself acquainted with the rest of the pack once you’ve had a chance to rest,” Fox said, stepping forward to brush her body against Ame's so that they might now share the same scent.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She was not always so keen to speak about her interests, for not all could appreciate them when it came to the stranger topics. Most of the stories she knew were either of old histories in her homeland and mother's prior packs, or bizarre mythology also shared with her by her dam. Yet, it seemed to be the part Fox appreciated most and then she mentioned forthcoming pups. Amekaze nodded, remembering Mizuna and Kaminari, for they had enjoyed her tales too.

And like that, she passed, with instructions to get to know the pack after a rest. This may have seemed more daunting had she not already been acquainted with a small handful of the pack. She gave her tail a small wriggle. I will, she chuffed in return and bowed her head further just briefly. Thank you. Ame then stilled at Fox's touch and took in her scent. It was a strange sensation to belong suddenly, and one that would take a moment to set in fully. Either way, Ame now had more to do than she had initially planned today, and glanced to Ferdie.

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
I can introduce you to Tuwawi she is the bitch whom will birth this years litter, Ferdie offered.. Truthfully I could just take you to meet each wolf in turn, Though he was loath to introduce her to Jace, even though he had no breeding rights; why offer up a female to another male? why even think these thoughts he told himself.

Ferdie had gone through the same ritual of being marked, but he had held no reservations at that time, those came later for him. Ferdie cleared his throat and shifted into a standing position keeping his posture low, he was grateful Fox accepted Ame without much ado. Ferdie waved his tail, I can show you that red tail hawk now. He beamed, the brute seemed brighter now then he had in weeks.

But he made no move to leave yet, for Fox herself had not moved to leave, Ferdie nuzzled behind Fox's gently, usually she didn't stick around the boarder very long, always having some other task to attend too.

Fox and Ame didn't know each other very well yet so inviting Fox to play a game of Tag might be a little much, but the thought did cross his mind. not the the alpha had much time for games either though it seemed

sorry I'm staring at this huge wall, I'll name it writers block! *Glares at it*
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Satisfied that Ame would fill an interesting role in Swiftcurrent, Fox nodded to both her and Ferdie, figuring they would find some way to get her settled in. As for Fox, she had a million other things to attend to. The yearling leader swept herself away toward the inner workings of the creek, her mind buzzing with a dozen thoughts along the way.

Tuwawi's children would be here sooner rather than later, and with Jinx gone, there was more work put upon Fox's shoulders. The good part of all this was that the creek was filled with a good base of solid, loyal members who did not waver in times of trouble.

Exit Fox! And welcome Ame! :D
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

The acceptance process had gone smoothly and for that, she was strangely thankful. Once she had at least the beginnings of a feel for the place, she would be a tad more eager to take up Ferdie's offer for meeting others (as well as seeing the hawk) and nodded for now. Inwardly, she was still reeling from now having an allegiance to speak of. It was a strange sensation and not exactly in line with her expectations for today. However, it was for the best.

Fox said nothing further and took her leave. Ame had no other matters to press her about, anyway, so lent her full attention to Ferdie then. She had let her posture relax and her head lift up just some but was still mindful -- now, Ferdie was technically a superior of hers and Ame realized that she did not even know his actual place amongst the Creek's rankings. Lead the way? she asked, swishing her tail once more as well.