Ocean's Breath Plateau times could be much worse
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger

He was curious of her intended purpose; of what she hoped to achieve with such a question. But there were only vagaries flowing from her tongue, and so Tryphon withdrew a bit. He shifted his weight, placed one paw across the other, then switched them, and seemed to become antsy. What she said made him uncomfortable. To cast of his name meant... Well, he wasn't sure. His face crunched with thought, and he seemed to frown down at the dirt.

Then, after some reflection, he summed up what ran through his mind: If I cast off... Tryphon.. What — who, would I become? Someone new? Or would he just be masking himself? It was at this point that an odd image settled in his mind. A foggy figment, something half-realized, of a pudgy baby boy with a red cape - and the name, Yellowbelly...? He whispered it, blinked, and returned to drifting through his thoughts.

It was unnerving. It was familiar and not familiar at the same time; and the boy! Tryphon remembered - or just chose to picture - someone who was so young, but so bold and different from himself. He was flummoxed by what he had recalled, not seeing it for the memory that it was of his very forgotten, very beloved brother Valtyr. 

His fur raised along his spine and he sucked in a shaky breath, and then shook his head. I was named by my mother the Sea — it was an honor. She chose me. I live... I live because... I survived. He couldn't quite wrap his tongue around that though, and resumed to shaking his head.
Messages In This Thread
times could be much worse - by Larus - October 13, 2016, 03:20 PM
RE: times could be much worse - by Starbuck - October 13, 2016, 05:14 PM
RE: times could be much worse - by Larus - October 13, 2016, 05:28 PM
RE: times could be much worse - by Starbuck - October 14, 2016, 09:34 AM
RE: times could be much worse - by Larus - October 16, 2016, 02:19 AM
RE: times could be much worse - by Starbuck - October 17, 2016, 02:51 PM
RE: times could be much worse - by Larus - October 17, 2016, 03:18 PM
RE: times could be much worse - by Starbuck - October 17, 2016, 03:30 PM
RE: times could be much worse - by Larus - October 17, 2016, 03:54 PM
RE: times could be much worse - by Starbuck - October 19, 2016, 02:49 PM
RE: times could be much worse - by Larus - October 19, 2016, 04:04 PM