Deepwood Weald you waiting at ho[m]e for me saying what time do you call this?
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
<3 sorry if my post is poop. work kicked my butt today but i definitely wanted to reply to this. :D

[table width=85%][tr][td]
Arturo was upwind of his nightingale, but the sound of what he swore to be footfalls caused his ears to perk atop his skull, alert, as his fiery gaze scanned the sequoias for sign of whom else inhabited the forest with him. He turned, ears swiveling atop his regal crown as he heard the tell-tale notes of the song as he listened, breathless, as her song called out for him in true siren fashion. He tried to locate where her sing-song beckon had risen from only to feel his brow furrow when he realized that he could not. A soft scoff left his lips as his tail twitched against his hind legs, lifting his muzzle to draw in her scent, his legs working of their own accord to follow it. It led him to a tree trunk and beckoned him on further, he paused for a moment to sniff at the bark that wore her perfume, his eyes scanning the shadows for a glimpse of her. He deduced, quickly as he brushed himself against the same trunk, mingling her scent with his on the bark and his own fur before prowling to the next tree that she wanted to play and that if he desired to see her he would have to find her.

Her voice rose into song once more, and he pushed forward, following the scent trail she left in her wake, his lips twitching as the words of her song reached his ears. He did not part his lips to call to her, instead continuing forth in his search of her, his pace steady, feeling the crescendo of anticipation and giddy jubilation build within his chest as he pursued her eagerly.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
RE: you waiting at home for me saying what time do you call this? - by Arturo - November 21, 2016, 05:25 PM