Deepwood Weald you waiting at ho[m]e for me saying what time do you call this?
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Arturo waited with baited breath for her response, his heart beat loud in his ears. She took his calm demeanor and shook it to it’s very core until he wanted nothing more than to pace and fidget to rid himself of the rise of anxiety the moments where her moonbeam gaze tempered the hellfire of his own, the tick of seconds between his stated intention and her response. Nervous was not something Arturo was often and his nerves were proof of just how deep he had fallen for Lotte. It had not been intended, not in the slightest but he’d been helpless to it and he knew that he would not have it any other way. Were she to reject him he was not so sure it was a blow he could recover from but he was faced with a cruel reality that he might have to try. It hadn’t ever occurred to him that there might be another, someone younger than him, and pureblood, absent of the coyote blood that coursed strong through his veins, that tainted his sharp appearance. He was tall as any wolf but the sharp angle of his muzzle and plains of his face gave him away easily. Arturo wished, with suddenness that he hadn’t considered that there might be someone else.

For a long moment Arturo was sure that his heart ceased to beat entirely when Lotte responded that she wanted him to court her and when those words sunk into his mind Arturo offered her a cheeky grin as she made her demands: that he would court her and no one else. Despite the cheek of his grin he was serious when he responded in a quiet rumble, like a thunderstorm as it brewed upon the horizon: “There is no one else.” and it was the truth. He was surrounded by women and yet the only one he thought of was Lotte. For better or for worse Arturo’s heart belonged to her. He offered her a sage nod to show that he understood that she had to see her time with Donnelaith through. Though he wished that she could return to Teaghlaigh with him right then and there he admired her tenacity to keep to her word. “I will await the waning of winter with breathless anticipation.” He murmured in a low purr, his eyes heavy lidded as he studied her, set about to memorize her.

The mention of her twin was the first time she had brought Dagfinn up to him but Arturo nodded. He could not claim that he understood, because he didn’t as he was not a twin and did not have any siblings, even. But he would never begrudge her a family relation so very close to her. Arturo’s heart felt light, buoyant even as Lotte admitted to him that she saw no other clearly since she saw him. The gangster let out a soft noise of contentment, not quite a growl and not quite a chuckle but some strange hybrid. “The gentlemanly thing would be to apologize but I’m not sorry for it.” With those words Arturo did chuckle and made to move his muzzle towards her ear. “Looks like I’m not always a gentleman after all.” He mused thoughtfully with a soft, mischievous snort.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
RE: you waiting at home for me saying what time do you call this? - by Arturo - January 01, 2017, 08:26 AM