Larksong Grotto make them drink, tell them that it's only water
holy other
63 Posts
Ooc — Laur
All Welcome 
Anyone really! Though he's outside your den, @Jhala and @Hiram :D

He had kept his distance during the tumultuous time that was the first few weeks of motherhood. As excited as he was about the precious new lives that were to join their flock, he knew better than to intrude on the mother and her children — at least while they were still so young. Such fragile beings, though he was certain they would be well cared for within their church. Raas would watch over them.

Though, he had an important title in the pack and the responsibilities that came with it demanded him to make sure of some things, and that required going to the den. He wasted no time in making his way there, stopping a respectful distance away from the entrance with a small frog dangling from his mouth. It was nearing midday, a time where the pups would have fed and were now resting — he hoped. Dropping his offering at his paws, the man let out a soft greeting, hoping the Grand Vicar would grace his presence.
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Though still super small, Hiram's boys were growing fast by the day. Now that the boys had nearly doubled in size, the Cardinal could not help but believe that his sons were both healthy and strong. The Lord surely blessed them both -- their mother too. In fact, the Daystar's light surround their entire family. With blessings abundant, Hiram was as happy as he had ever been. He kept close watch over his newborn sons, straying only from the grotto to hunt and bring food back and forth from the caches for Jhala and himself.

With his time occupied fully, it was impossible to prepare for the ritual that Jhala had requested. Hiram figured he could simply preform it when his boys were old enough to be on their own for a while -- or, he could get another priest to gather what was necessary. Apart from himself, there was only one other who Hiram would trust with gathering exactly what he needed. Phares.

Hiram had planned to seek the priest out, but soon found that he would not need to. He could hear his voice from outside the grotto. Hiram rose to his feet, leaving Jhala and the babies to rest. "Phares," the Cardinal greeted his priest as he made his way to the grotto's mouth. "Many blessings." Hiram's eyes then fell on the priest's offering. Many blessings indeed.
holy other
63 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Even better, the Cardinal himself appeared before Phares, and the priest dipped his head low in respect. He wasn't opposed at all with meeting the father — in fact, he would perhaps be the better wolf to speak with. Surely, their Cardinal was aware of the necessities after birth in their faith? "Many blessings, Cardinal," he greeted back, keeping his voice low lest he disturb the pups and their mother.

He nosed the frog slightly towards the darker male with a smile. "I bring gifts for the Grand Vicar and her children." The frog, a customary offering to new mothers to ensure strong, healthy children. There was also another tradition, however, one Phares wasn't sure Hiram had been told of. If not, he would learn soon enough. "Have they been bathed?" he asked with all seriousness.
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
"Indeed you have," Hiram replied, with eyes still fixed on the priest's symbolic offering. "I'm sure Jhala will be greatful." For Phares, Hiram held a great respect. This was a man of God, like himself. Unwavering and strong in faith. Hiram felt himself lucky to have a priest among the flock so knowledgable, especially since the Seer had left Hiram with only a rudimentary understanding of ritual.

Hiram was reminded of this when Phares meantioned baptism. The Cardinal shook his head. "I have not -- not yet. I was hoping I would have your help in leading the ceremony. It is my first." He knew of the ritual, yes. He even knew the mechanism. Yet when they souls of his two dear boys were at stake, Hiram wanted to make sure everything went right in the eyes of the Lord.