Gyrfalcon's Keep im at an all time low
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
A good idea? Huh, who knew logic could get her somewhere. Still, she felt proud to have had the idea, and that showed in the way she carried herself. Surely, it had always been in a proud way, but this was just a little step further. Not arrogantly so, but one tiny breeze could push her over that line. He followed her, and she felt strangely relaxed around the former stranger. She knew not to trust him fully, but he had gotten in her book of wolves she could hang out with again.

She watched him sneak a little closer to the red-like shape in the distance. She was surprised to see Hadraniel suddenly drop to the ground, and in a flash of instinct, she followed suit. She dared not move as he explained what it was. A fox? She asked. She did not remember encountering a creature named that yet. Was it friendly?
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
While his acidic eyes were solely focused on the pest ahead, he kept his ears open for anything the girl might say and to his surprise it sounded as if she didn't know what a fox was. "Pesky little creature they are. They got a bad reputation for being thieves and it's best to kill them if you come across one." He watched as the fox sniffed around, clearly focused on finding something.

He inched forward and just as he prepared to launch himself at the menace a thought came to him. He stopped himself and looked towards his young companion, eyes intensely studying her. "Have you ever killed anything before?" he asked out of curiosity before glancing back at the fox to make sure it didn't slink away.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
The term "Fox" she had heard before, but she had never actually encountered the red, fluffy creatures herself. She had seen rabbits, fish, crabs etc. but other predators were not on that list - and perhaps that was for the good. So they stole what others had hunted to keep for themselves? How rude. Someone had to learn them a lesson someday. Sow, not friendly - got i'. She whispered.

She followed  him quietly as he moved, not wanting to miss the action, when he turned to address her again. Her ears perked up as she shook her head in a "no". Why was he asking this?
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
When Chusi shook her head it easily confirmed that she was as innocent as she looked and Hadraniel wondered if she would accept his offer that was soon to come. "Wanna help me hunt it?" he asked giving her the opportunity to experience the thrill of the chase first hand. He had after all suggested she began hunting for herself, so it only seemed fair that he gave her a chance to do so.

He waited for an answer before glancing up to check if the fox had noticed them yet and fortunately it had not. Hadraniel had no idea how long their luck would last for, so whatever the answer may be he only wished to hurry up before another one of his meals disappears.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Her ears wiggled excitedly as her tail gave a low wag. Hunting? Wit Hadraniel? Hell yeah was she in! She nodded a simple "yes", not wanting their fox to run away. Wow, her first time hunting would be with Hadraniel! And they were going to chase a fox! This was big for the little girl, and she felt adrenaline already pumping through her veins.

She lowered her front to the ground, her butt placed a little higher as if she wanted to play, getting ready to start running when Hadraniel said to do so.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
He felt a smile crawl upon his lips when she agreed to help him hunt and judging by her position he assumed she knew what to do, but just in case he went over a quick plan. "We'll sneak forward and on my signal we'll attack" he whispered while keeping one eye on Chusi and the other on the fox.

Not wanting to speak anymore than he had to, Hadraniel waited for a signal that Chusi understood before crawling forward with his belly just barely scraping the forest floor. They steadily gained on the fox and when they reached a good position Hadraniel turned to Chusi, gave a nod and mouthed "now" before taking off after the little scavenger.

you can roll to see if they catch it if you'd like :)
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
I rolled in slack, and it was a 3, and that's my lucky number soooow I think they can catch it. XD 

She nodded that she understood before crawling behind Hadraniel to the seemingly harmless, red creature. It was actually kind of beautiful, but if it could eat them, it had to go. Could it even talk like they could? Or was it mute like Darky? Chusi felt like wanting to know the answer, but this was not the time. Besides, she doubted that Hadraniel would tell her.

She stopped when he did, looking somewhat sheepishly at the other. She smirked when it seemed they were ready for the attack, and only a fraction of a second, Chusi was running not so far behind.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
The fox remained oblivious to the wolves until the last moment, and by then it was already too late. Hadraniel sprang from his position and as expected the red furred creature bolted for cover, but the man had experience in the matter and had no intention of making a fool of himself in front of someone else. He quickly caught up to the fleeing beast and easily snatched it by the leg, ready to break it if necessary.

He had heard her footsteps pounding behind him and Hadraniel knew Chusi was not far behind. For once he did not go for the final blow, but left the kill for her to take if she wished to do so. It would be an important time if in her life if this was truly the first life she would take, and Hadraniel wondered if she had the stomach to actually end something. Either way, it was bound to end up amusing him.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Adrenaline was controlling her every move, and it felt great to go this fast. She found herself disappointed when it showed that Hadraniel had already caught up with the fox, with herself on his heels. She watched as the red beast almost flung through the air as Hadraniel caught it by its slender leg, and Chusi was amazed at how easy it seemed for him to do this. Would she be able to do this one day? She hoped so - so that she could protect the pack against these mean foxes.

Even though it seemed easy for Hadraniel to kill it now, he refrained, and Chusi knew only one reason why he was doing this. He wanted her to take its life, and she smirked. She shot forward toward its throat, tearing the flesh until her mouth was practically filled with blood - killing the other predator without much thought. 
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
The fox's cries and shrieks broke the silence around them and Hadraniel watched intensely as Chusi aimed to end the pathetic creatures life. She was doing herself and the world a favor by ending it, as it would have only proven to be a competitor when winter rolled around. A smirk etched itself upon his face when she tore at the throat and once the red furred scavenger stopped it's flailing, Hadraniel dropped it's corpse to the ground. 

He flopped himself on his rump and let his tongue loll out his mouth as he panted away his exhaustion. He glanced down at their prey before looking up at Chusi, curious to see if she would feast now or take it back to this Teaghlaigh she had mentioned before. "You should take it with you" he said, slightly regretting his words. Usually he would be reasonable and take his fair half of the share, but seeing as how this was her first kill Hadraniel made an exception this one and only time.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She wanted to cover her ears when the creature made the last noises the world would ever get out of him - the thought of death both a calming and grim one for the girl. What if the fox had a family? Kids? Well, maybe it was a really mean mommy or daddy and they were better off without it. Yes, yes, she liked that thought. That way she would be doing the whole family a favor. Stupid mean parent!

She let go and Hadraniel dropped it back on the ground. She hovered over it, seeing the marks of her own teeth and the blood she now had on her muzzle and in her mouth was warm. Never before had she eaten a creature like this - was it even edible? She jumped at the sound of her friend's body hitting the ground, not feeling as tired as him. If anything, she was more awake than ever before. She sniffed it over, not sure what to do with it until Hadraniel said something. 

She looked up at him, thankful but unsure. They had caught it together, and he had already lost one meal because of her. It didn't feel fair taking what they had both worked on and she gently shook her head. Take wha' ya need, I'll take the rest back 'ome. She answered with a firm nod. Even if it was just a leg or something - she did need something to show Arturo what she had done today.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Hadraniel was more interested in how Chusi would react rather than the fox, but the thought that pressed at him the most was how tired he was just after a short run. "Damn I must be really out of shape" he thought aloud while he took the time to catch his breath. He supposed exhaustion was what he deserved after skipping out on his morning runs all these months. 

His ears perked up when the inky girl said he could have some and Hadraniel immediately got up to begin tearing away a hind leg for himself. He wouldn't deny a meal twice and quickly began plucking away the downy winter coat the fox had been growing. He pulled up from the kill and licked his lips that were now soaked in a layer of blood. "The heart is the best organ by the way, so make sure you get to it" he said in case she didn't already know. There was something satisfying about eating the heart of the kill, even if you hadn't been the one to end the life.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi let out a tiny chuckle at her... friend? Yeah, friend sounded good - friend's comment. The way he could sprint proved his words wrong though. Perhaps he just didn't have much stamina like her - having traveled half across the Teekon at the age of only a few months. In contrast to Hadraniel - Chusi didn't feel tired at all. She felt more alive than ever.

She watched as the powerful head of her friend straight up tore a leg off, and she had to admit; she was pretty impressed. Of course, she still had to grow, but not ever did she think she'd be able to rip a leg off a fox. She nodded at him. The heart? She knew the word, but she'd have to ask Arturo about where it was in the body when she got home. Thank ya for all yar halp - immma go 'ome now, I think. She announced, moving toward the tail of the bloody creature and pulling. It didn't move much, but she knew she'd be able to drag it home - it wasn't far. Where ya gonna go?
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Hadraniel had never been anything above average when it came to things like fighting or even scouting for that matter, but hunting was his life. He had become an expert in his craft even if others didn't recognize his true strength. He was told he would never be able to kill large prey by himself because it was physically impossible, but the man had found ways around the impossible because of technique. His body was his greatest weapon and as long as he remained in good form, almost nothing could escape his jaws.

"Cya around" he said before picking up his leg and moving off towards the way he came. Her final words caused some spark of thought to ignite within him and Hadraniel himself wondered what he would do. "I don't know" he answered honestly with a shrug of his shoulders and waited for any response she might have. He was a wanderer who didn't plan his journeys, he gave himself over to the wind and let his paws decide where he would go.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi could relate to the feeling of not knowing where one is going to go. She had never really known. She was thrown around by wolves she barely knew - juggled and spat out in Arturo's care. She had yet to meet anyone who had been a part of as many packs as she had been. She had almost lost track of in how many dens she had slept.

I hope ya nevah will know - it's more excitin'. She nodded firmly. I made the bestest friends evah by not knowin' where ta go. She explained and then picked the fox by it's hind leg to start dragging. This worked better than the tail, and before she knew it she was nearing the point where she could almost not see Hadraniel anymore. She waited for a response, but even if none came, she would go home. Arturo was probably worried sick.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Hadraniel never would have expected to learn something from a teenager that seemed kind clueless, though perhaps he had been wrong to judge her so quickly upon meeting her. Without knowing it, Chusi had inspired the man to keep on going with his journey despite not having the faintest idea as to where he might end up. But she was right after all...it was more exciting that way.

With a final smile and a nod goodbye, Hadraniel took his leg and set off for the shores west from the forest. He didn't know what lie ahead for him, but whatever it was he determined embrace it to the best of his ability.