Blackfoot Forest the wildfires look so pretty.
<font size=1><i>and then we'll take it higher</i></font>
11 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
I'm not sure where he is. Near the meadow, but not quite to the forest?

So there were packs around here... Lake's tongue darted out of his mouth a few times as though he was licking the air, his head turned at an angle towards the sky. In truth, he was pretty much licking the air. With a frown he paused, concern sweeping over him. He definitely had stumbled across another wolf pack, and by the strength of the scent on the wind, he had come a bit too close for comfort.

The sun had just recently broken over the tops of the trees in the distance, casting its golden haze across the still air. In the light, it made the cold bluish gray eyes upon his handsome face appear more like chilled champagne than iced silver. He cast his gaze slowly along what he could sense was the borders of the pack, a mere ten or fifteen yards from where he was standing. He hadn't come to the park wanting a pack, and so avoidance seemed like a much better idea than any other he could come up with, so he turned on his heels and veered Southwest.

It had been a few months since Lake had felt the need to reacquaint himself to pack life. He had grown up in a pack, obviously, and had truly spent most of his life as a member of one. However, the pull to become a tame little pack wolf again had rarely struck him since leaving the Vale where he'd been born and raised. In the long months since he'd left, he had spent only a total of perhaps two months with others. Only once had he been driven to join by actual need. That had been his first Winter alone. Other than that, it had been nothing more than.... The only way that it can be described is having "nothing better to do".

The scent of pack wolves grew fainter in his nostrils as he trotted lightly away from whatever territory he had nearly traipsed into. Today was not one of those days. He had better things to do. Whatever they were.