Redhawk Caldera mission #1.1
Matthew 5:44
101 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
It hadn't been long since Emma had begun her journey. It was clear that to become a part of the brotherhood, she would have to get a little blood on her paws. Of course, she had no problem with that part. The only issue was to find her target, and she had no lead. Emma's first stop was to a neighboring pack who she hadn't yet had the honor of meeting. Her chest rumbled as her infamous laugh rolled from within and she lifted back her head to call for an audience.
Almost immediately, she shook the malice from her face and stapled on a nervous, shaken appearance. If she was to get anywhere, she would need to seem genuine, right?
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
After they'd got home, Gannet hadn't left much again, preferring to run around home for a while instead.  He played with the pups, stalked the borders, and enjoyed time with his family.

Today was option 2, and for the first time, he stumbled upon a person who wasn't one of them.  An outsider.  Immediately his fur raised and he ran towards them, skidding to a stop between them and home.

"You shouldn't be here," he said, deadpan and intent.  She didn't belong, and strangers had brought nothing but hurt to them.  She wouldn't get past, not if he had anything to say about it.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood was suspicious when he heard a call go up near the borders, and he approached warily. He found that Gannet had arrived before him, and the lanky youth was warning away the stranger verbally. The Beta gave his nephew an appreciative glance as he came to stand alongside him, hackles bristling as he looked down at the she-wolf.

She looked nervous and gave off an air of uncertainty, but whatever her intentions were, Gannet was right. She didn't belong there. His daughter had already been abducted, and Elwood certainly wasn't going to let any unfamiliar wolves near their home. He growled, the sound low and threatening; he didn't offer words but allowed his posture to speak for him as he lifted his head and pressed his ears forward.
101 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Emma's instructions had been clear, and she wouldn't let any conflict get in the way. The girl was either here or she wasn't, but should it be the latter, she planned to leave with no complaint. She kept her own temper low and gave a confused look to her audience. I'm sorry, I-I was just looking for my niece. She left home a little while ago, with her three pups. I'm worried for them. Emèlie took a deep breath before continuing.
Her name is Althaia. Is she here? I just want to speak with her.
286 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Heading back from yet another short venture out, and returning without having found any trace or scent of Lucy yet again, Shrike felt somewhat disheartened as he roved closer to the pack's boundaries, though his pace quickened and sense of purpose was renewed as he heard the sound of a wolf call from the borders. He managed to find her trail leading toward the pack, and sped along on his way, recognizing the scent as that of a wolf from Blackfeather Woods- where he'd met Kove not so long ago, and had learned that their own pup, Qilaq, had gone missing. Perhaps this female had come to them with some good news. 

He slowed his gait, but the fur along his spine prickled and stood on end when he saw that the female was already confronted by Gannet and Elwood. He was pleasantly surprised to see the pale youth holding his ground, but only for a moment- that young boy wouldn't stand a chance against an adult wolf, so he strode to the boy's side, close enough so their shoulders touched to reinforce the boy's stance and strength. He made a small mental note to take Gannet out for a few border patrols, if the boy was interested; and by the way he stood valiantly defending his pack, despite his lack of experience, he would likely be quite interested. 

All he'd been able to hear was something about a name, and was she there. He looked to Elwood to see if he knew anything about the missing wolf she'd spoken about before his eyes flicked back to the female. "Blackfeather Woods." He said quietly, to Elwood and Gannet. Elwood would likely recognize the name as Shrike had already told him he'd been there, and that they were missing a pup. "I found no trace of Qilaq." He said, then addressing the female. "Kove told me she was missing. No sign yet." Hopefully that would satisfy her, and she'd leave.

And that first kiss coming, let's just freeze the frame
Your eyes were closing, as mine were opening
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She didn't leave, but instead asked a question.  Gannet had no idea what she was talking about, so continued to stare, silently hoping in a small way she'd try something so he'd get to chase her off.  His first intruder, first chance at protecting the pack!

But that dream was shattered by the arrival of both Elwood and Shrike.  More than a little disappointed, he listened as Shrike answered, knowing there wasn't much chance she'd come in when so many stood in her way.  He coulda done it!
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Although the she-wolf spoke with a tremor in her voice and kept her posture low and respectful, Elwood regarded her with a skeptical expression. There was a part of him that wanted to feel empathy -- for he certainly knew what it was like to lose a family member -- but he smothered it, instead focusing on the protection of his own pack. Fox and Peregrine had never tolerated strangers on their borders, and only now was Elwood truly beginning to understand why.

"She's not here," he replied curtly. As soon as the words left his mouth, he looked over as Shrike arrived and positioned himself on Gannet's opposite side. The other Redhawk adult murmured a pack name to Elwood, and he blinked. Blackfeather Woods had also lost a puppy -- and ironically enough, she was of a similar age and appearance as Lucy. He frowned slightly, but did not alter his stance; it didn't change the fact that there was no one by the name of Althaia here.
101 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Thanks for the thread guys!
Emma inhaled sharply with the other's tone of certainty against her claim, probably overplaying her part completely, but this was her first time having to play a game to win what she wanted. Thank you. I-I appreciate it, she murmured, before looking to all of them and turning to go. If the she-wolf wasn't here, then there was no time to waste. It was a game of chase, and her prey was on the run.