Blackfeather Woods There is much to be learned from beasts
239 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Private 

Wolfskull Cave. This was were prisoners and disgraced members of the pack were to be kept. He stood outside its gaping maw; it indeed looked like the skull of a wolf, with yawning teeth and empty, sightless eyesockets. There were real skulls there as well, of all kinds of canid; fox, coyote, wolf. His nostrils flared at the smell of old blood and fear. The place was empty for the moment, but whether that would last for long...

Matthew 5:44
101 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Can we backdate by a few days? Emma left on mission like two days ago, I think
Emma kept a constant pace with her gait, partially to keep an effective patrol, but also to have time to clear her mind before setting off with Nemesis's word. As she made her rounds through the territory, she came upon another. She didn't know him to be a superior, so she kept her stance low, but not low enough to give herself as a subordinate. Chuffing out her presence, she began to speak, What a sight, she sighed, inhaling deeply the strong smells of wrath. Emma kept a respectful distance, but circled around the male so that she had a view of his face. A bit older than she, but the same range and the same shade, she figured they were on equal ground, and awaited a response.
239 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
He was quickly joined by another. Despite the stillness of the Woods, the members of the pack seemed to melt from the darkness, being everywhere and nowhere. His head turned to the woman, he remembered her from the coyote hunt. He nodded in greeting. Indeed it is,

101 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
I'm an advocate for learning, and I've never learned anything better than I did locked up like this, Emma laughed as she moved a pace closer to the male, You could say my mother was more of the traditional type. Emèlie's mother was an image of strength, made from pure steel. There wasn't a time in Emma's memory where she could recall weakness from the woman, and that is what she planned to mirror.
So this is what you do then, wander around cells? She knew him vaguely, though the simple fact that he was a member of her pack was enough to give her an idea of his preferred activities.
239 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
He chuckled softly. His family had done something similar, though they were more advocates of learning through experience. 'Tis the best way to learn, He concluded.

Miraak shook his head, I am new here; I simply wish to learn of the territory, He peered into the cave, blinking at its depths, I assume the same for you?

101 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
With a shared laugh and a posed question, Emma began to speak. I am. Still a new recruit, just got here a couple of days ago. But I must say that I haven't had much time to see the land. It's beautiful, from what I can tell. Dark, muggy atmosphere aside, the territory truly was quite a sight. The canopy of branches locked all of its magnificence within, only to be shared with the eyes of those who deserved it.
Do you have a trade? A preference, even? Emma was trying to keep the conversation going, though she'd admittedly had poor social skills for as long as she remembered. Thus small talk was her go-to in a nervous talk.
239 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
She was new, greener than he was, and yet for one not raised in with the Daedric religion, she was amazed by the forest. He nodded in agreement; it was beautiful. He only regretted that he did not come soon enough to see his sister before she passed.

But he turned to the present, turning to the woman. I am an assassin by trade, He did not know how much was knew of their lore and religion, but she would learn soon enough,

101 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Huh. Something we have in common, I guess, Emma laughed. She liked this guy; he wasn't half bad, so far at least. I don't think I've introduced myself. Maybe I have but hell, I couldn't remember if I tried. The name is Emèlie -- hold onto for old times sake. You're, uhh...
She was careful to draw out her statement as an invitation for the male to do as she'd done, for even if his name was lost somewhere in her mind, she was too old to bother fishing it out.
239 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
He recognized her from the coyote hunt, but her name escaped hin, like his did her. She gave her name as Emèlie. A beautiful name, he thought, and he was surprised that he had forgotten it. Miraak, He said, bowing his head.

101 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Do you wanna wrap up? I guess I could just archive tonight if you don't do it first :)
Miraak, Emma said, a flush of memory coming over her, That's right. I remember ya now. Emma flashed a quick smile his way before starting her exit of the scene. I'll see ya around, Miraak. Maybe we can spar sometime, yeah? She flashed a playful wink and a smile before trotting back toward her den.
239 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
He smirked at her informal tone, but she seemed beautifully brash. He relished the idea of a spar, his old bones had lain idle for too long. Miraak nodded, Sounds like a good idea, He said, taking one last look into the dark cave before turning away.