Ravensblood Forest i rarely answer questions, is what i do
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
no need to match the length, haha. arturo needed to vent apparently. ;p

[table width=85%][tr][td]
β€œGood,” Arturo offered Isley a small, warm smile. β€œI'm glad to hear it.” He added honestly. A soft chuckle left the gangster's lips when Isley added that she felt Teaghlaigh was ready to fend off enemies. β€œI do not doubt it,” He murmured, his fiery eyes dancing with amusement when the fire kissed woman met his eyes. A vibrant green against the flame of his own. β€œWe're growing, rapidly,” The smoky reticence of his accented voice was deep, like the roll of thunder from a gathering storm as he contemplated her words. β€œWe're strong and the talents of each of us are varied. It's a good balance. Everyone had exceeded my expectations and there are no words to express just how proud and grateful I am for you and everyone.” Arturo confessed to her, earnestly. Arturo knew that without them he and Teaghlaigh would be nothing and the credit was as much of theirs as it was his. Teaghlaigh wasn't his accomplishment. It was their accomplishment and they were entitled to bragging rights and pride for their own hard work just as he was.

Arturo inhaled deeply and let it out in a slow exhale. β€œI keep telling you things about the meeting before hand,” Arturo drew with a soft rumble of a chuckle and a sheepish glance sent her way. β€œbut the more I think about it, I'm not so sure I want to push the spotlight on Chusi about this ...incident,” Especially in case it cut her every time he mentioned it. β€œI haven't decided how I'll go about telling the others but there's been some trouble. Her caretaker before me, and before the woman she calls her big sister,” For the respect of Lotte's privacy he kept mention of her vague, though his eyes which had hardened at the talk of Zephyr had warmed measurably as his the beautiful Donnelaith mummer came to his mind's eye. β€œcame to our borders, seeking to join. Chusi had came, whether she wanted to hone her guardian skills or because she recognized his voice. He told her that he was sorry for leaving her, and ...I'm not sure what happened. I'm not sure if he was jealous that she clung to me and did not readily jump into his embrace. I allowed Chusi to decide whether I should give him a chance and accept him into our Family or not. She vouched for him but when she offered him the olive branch he refused it. Tried to make her feel guilty, I suppose.”

β€œHe told her that he would leave her here, that it was better for everyone. That he would visit her when she was grown because he didn't want to make it hard for her,” Arturo's teeth had begun to grind together speaking of it, his blood boiling beneath his skin, because the sound of her sob as she pressed her head against him would forever haunt him. β€œI told him he didn't get to make that choice for her, that sometimes you'll upset your children and if it was a misunderstanding, as he said, then he could accept her offer and that he and I would talk like men and he could fix what was broken between him and her, but that it would take time and his patience.” His salmon tongue drew across his jowls with more force than was necessary, his eyes hard as he stared ahead, not realizing how much he needed to talk about it to someone aside from Chusi. Chusi's understanding and healing process was more important to him then his own need to vent but now that he was confiding in Isley about it he found that he wanted to vent it out.

β€œI told him if he turned his back on her and ran that he would never be welcome in Teaghlaigh, that if he was caught near our borders or in any of our surrounding territories the order would be to kill. I will never forget the sound of her sob when he shoved her second chance back in her face. He hurt her and it was like he didn't even care. He told me he didn't want pity but that if she wanted him here we could talk. By that time the damage was already done. Chusi told him if he didn't want to be here then to leave and he didn't even stay and try to fight for her. He just fucking fled. Chusi didn't deserve that and I wish I could go back and β€” and protect her from it.” Zephyr had slighted and hurt Chusi and The Family looked out for their own: thus he had slighted and hurt Teaghlaigh. β€œNow she's afraid I'm going to leave her, like he did.” And that hurt Arturo. He didn't take it personally, no, he hurt because she hurt, because abandonment became something she feared. Perhaps she even felt unloved β€” which was something no child should ever feel.

β€œHis name is Zephyr. He's black with distinctive white markings on his chest and paws, he's got green eyes and scars on his face. So if you, or anyone finds that fucker anywhere near us you instill the fear and wrath of The Family in him. Better yet, you bring him here and I'll kill him myself.” Arturo didn't care how it made him look. There were many different sides to him, and the merciless gangster was not one that anyone truly wanted to see. He loved The Family and the Arturo they saw was vastly different from the distanced, cold gangster the associates and outside world saw, save for a rare few. And perhaps he was being over protective of Chusi but, in all fairness, it wasn't anything he wouldn't do for any one of them. He was the Head of The Family, after all, and protecting them was apart of his job.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
i rarely answer questions, is what i do - by Arturo - October 20, 2016, 06:59 PM
RE: i rarely answer questions, is what i do - by Hemlock - October 20, 2016, 07:37 PM
RE: i rarely answer questions, is what i do - by Arturo - October 22, 2016, 05:27 AM
RE: i rarely answer questions, is what i do - by Hemlock - October 22, 2016, 09:02 PM
RE: i rarely answer questions, is what i do - by Arturo - October 23, 2016, 06:38 AM
RE: i rarely answer questions, is what i do - by Hemlock - November 01, 2016, 01:58 AM
RE: i rarely answer questions, is what i do - by Arturo - November 02, 2016, 01:44 PM
RE: i rarely answer questions, is what i do - by Hemlock - November 04, 2016, 01:17 AM
RE: i rarely answer questions, is what i do - by Arturo - November 05, 2016, 05:26 AM
RE: i rarely answer questions, is what i do - by Hemlock - November 28, 2016, 02:21 AM
RE: i rarely answer questions, is what i do - by Arturo - December 11, 2016, 05:38 AM