Sleeping Dragon Quit this city
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
She wouldn't reach sexual maturity for another month or more, yet Wildfire could already feel changes taking place within herself. As the weather grew cooler, then colder, she felt a new fire burning in her heart. She had always been determined to become a mother, whatever it took, but lately she felt as if she would literally fight for that right. With the commander's help, she had come to terms with Gavriel's rejection and begun looking forward. There were other eligible candidates in the pack, she would just have to choose one and ask.

Naturally, her sights came to settle on Dio, though she hadn't yet built up the courage to actually ask him. Wildfire was still reeling a bit from Gavriel's rejection and the implied disapproval. She would have to thicken her skin, though, she knew, as the time was really drawing near. The idea that her heat could come and go without finding a suitable donor made that flame in her breast sizzle and snap. She refused to accept that her dream might simply not happen.

She could think of little else this evening as she made her way back to the den she shared with her mate, a dead rabbit dangling from her jaws. Wildfire was tired after a long day of small game hunting and her head hurt a bit from over-thinking the whole breeding matter. But she made an effort to empty her mind as she crossed the pack territory, looking forward to snuggling up to @Thuringwethil.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Since talking with Thuringwethil about her innermost ambitions, Freyja had begun focusing some of her time and energy on learning of the pack’s history and what it really meant to be a leader. Through this transition, and the wealth of knowledge that she had been provided, Freyja had spent a good amount of time with the dark-furred leader in her quest for more knowledge.  

Her day had been spent along the northernmost corridor of the packlands, taking in all that had to be taken in. She had never really explored this far north and she thought that it was a good opportunity to do so.

But, now that the day was nearing an end, Freyja also made her way back to the family den. It was as she did this that the familiar figure of Wildfire on the horizon. She felt a smile grow instantly on her lips at the sight of her mentor and quickly she changed paths so that she could intersect.

“Wildfire!” she called out, changing her walk to a gentle gallop as she attempted to clear the distance between them.
they took the crown but it's alright
all the liars are calling me one
nobody's heard from me for months
i'm doing better than i ever was
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Although she was looking forward to snuggling with the commander, Freyja's sudden appearance was a welcome one. Wildfire stopped and slowed, setting the rabbit at her feet and smiling at her makeshift niece. Her tail lifted slightly—a subconscious movement—and wagged as she regarded the young woman.

"What's up, Frey? How's your hunting going?" the Bandrona asked conversationally.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
She was welcomed with a smile and a wagging tail and Freyja mirrored these sentiments as she paused before the leader. Reaching up in way of furthering her affections, Freyja reached up place a kiss upon the Bandrona’s chin.

“It’s been going really well,” she remarked as she pulled away. But things have changed and perhaps the commander had not disclosed Freyja’s ambitions to Wildfire. “I’ve also been working on becoming a leader one day!” Her eyes shone as she looked to the woman, her eyes shining. She wasn’t sure how she would react, but Freyja was excited in the ambitions she felt. “Heda has been teaching me all about Drageda’s history.” She paused, her smile growing. “But that doesn’t mean I haven’t been keeping my eye on the cache levels!” Busy was the understatement of the year in regards to how Freyja had been faring. "How are you?" she asked after a pause, genuinally curious to know how Wildfire had been faring since the hunting expedition.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
The kiss to her chin was nothing new. Wildfire had always taken it as a sign of affection and respect. Now it made her tail arch all the more, the movement still largely subconscious. She stretched her own neck to nibble fondly at the bridge of Freyja's muzzle, aforementioned tail swaying slowly side to side.

The girl's abrupt announcement caused said appendage to still momentarily. Wildfire knew she should be happy about this news, as even at Freyja's age, she could see the magnificent potential in her. Drageda would most assuredly benefit from it if she were to take a position among the Hedonakru. But the Bandrona experienced a flash of something else entirely and it took a moment for her to put a finger on it: jealousy.

It made no sense, so Wildfire did her best to brush it aside. "Oh? Are you angling to become the next Fleimkepa?" she wondered. She didn't know how she managed to sound so genuinely interested and proud when such uncharacteristically ugly thoughts and feelings were flaring within her.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
She nodded to Wildfire’s question, though she knew that her inner ambitions drove her further than the position of Fleimkepa. She decided not to share her eventual plans of becoming a Haiplana and instead watched on, her curiousity in her mentor’s reaction growing by every moment that passed.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Freyja nodded eagerly and Wildfire could see the enthusiasm and ambition in her eyes. A few days ago, she would have been nothing but proud and thrilled for the young Feisripa. She would have wanted to be a part of her journey, helping to raise her up on the pedestal she deserved. Wildfire wouldn't have minded if Freyja rose above her any more than she had resented it when Dio had done the very same, as the Bandrona had never hankered for power nor cared much for rank or dominance.

But as she prepared to crest a very important milestone—sexual maturity—and her hormones changed, she couldn't help but feel differently. Wildfire felt threatened. Wasn't it her right to stand beside or at least directly beneath the Heda, her mate? Wouldn't that help further secure their future and their eventual children's? In hindsight, these covetous feelings had begun a few days back, when Gyda had reclaimed an esteemed position among the Dragedakru.

Wildfire realized she had been standing there, fighting her internal battle in silence, for more than a minute. She blinked and shook her head, shooting Freyja an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry, I'm... distracted lately," she pardoned herself, feeling her cheeks flush. She was taken aback and more than a little ashamed at her inner monologue. She must stomp out these feelings somehow, even though they flared so brightly in the center of her chest. "What has Heda been teaching you?"
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
The other’s silence was unsettling. As quickly as as her excitement had bubbled within it vanished, leaving somewhat of a sour feeling in the pit of her stomach. She wasn’t sure why her mentor was holding back. She watched on carefully as the light in her eyes diminished and she shuffled uneasily.

This new found feeling did not go away as the other spoke. Instead, she tilted her head to the side and frowned as concern overcame her. “Is everything alright?” she asked, momentarily ignoring the other question.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
The Feisripa's authentically confused reaction at least spurred Wildfire to guiltily shake off her burning thoughts, at least for a moment. "I'm sorry, Frey, it's nothing you need to be concerned about," she replied, which was hopefully truthful enough. "I've just got a lot of things on my mind lately. Nothing you should worry about," she repeated in a way that not unkindly indicated that she didn't really want to talk about it beyond that.

"Are you going to tell me what you've learned from Heda so far?" she asked, managing to keep her voice lighter now and her focus, well, focused. The smile that wound onto her face took its time reaching her amber eyes but it did, eventually. She truly was extremely fond of the girl she had come to think of as a niece and even though there was a small piece of her that was being a quiet jerk, a much larger part of Wildfire wanted Freyja to achieve her dreams.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Her concerns were met with statements that lacked the information she desired. Her frown deepened at this and a flare of irritation sparked from within. She knew that she was young, but, in the same vein, she also felt that she was mature enough to handle deeper situations. Deciding that this wasn’t the time to bicker about it and instead enjoy the other’s company, despite her concern and annoyance.

Attempting to answer Wildfire, Freyja answered her mentor easily. “I’m learning about the history of Drageda and how we can use our past to make better choices in the future,” she replied, picking herself up from the slump that she had felt. “It’s very interesting-- I love it.” and with that, she looked up with a smile to her mentor. Then, without a beat to seperate her thoughts, she added her own question: "What is it like being a leader?" 
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
She professed a great love for all the knowledge she was gaining from the Heda. Wildfire quashed a flare of jealousy at the time and care Thuringwethil must be spending on Freyja, grooming her for leadership. She wondered if the commander had ever even considered bumping her upward so that they could be partners in rank as well as life. Of course, Wildfire had never cared until now, so it was petty and stupid to suddenly feel resentful about it, but all the same...

She shook that thought away as she concentrated on Freyja's question. "It's a big responsibility," she began, "but an honor." That was both balanced and truthful, at least. "What makes you want to be a leader?" Wildfire countered. "What about it appeals to you?" she clarified, genuinely curious even if there was a slight ulterior motive behind the question.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Freyja listened on carefully, holding onto Wildfire’s every word. She nodded in response, acknowledging what she had to offer. But, what was said next caused the aspiring leader to pause for a moment and reflect. Concentrating, her lips fell into a straight line and she looked to the distance as she thought.

“I saw Heda at the meeting and saw the power she held standing up there.” she smiled at the memory. “I want that power. I want to help make Drageda as great as if can be and I want to be there for wolves like Heda is.” She fell silent and found herself wondering what Wildfire's reaction would be once more.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
She didn't know what she expected, yet Freyja's frank interest in power took her a bit by surprise. It wasn't just that she couldn't relate—not counting the past couple of days—but because it was such a candid answer. Wildfire saw the nobility in her response, yet something about it rubbed her the wrong way all the same. That didn't seem to be hard to do at the moment, though.

"Why do you want power?" the Bandrona wondered. She kept her tone just as casual, betraying none of her silent jealousy. She realized Freyja had already explained in part, so she elaborated by adding, "How will you make Drageda great?" It occurred to her that she might come across as overly interested bordering on critical, yet these queries came not only from the covetous part of Wildfire's heart but also the part of her that considered herself the girl's mentor. They were valid questions and it wasn't an accident that she'd said will rather than would.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Instead of receiving the praise that she had been hoping to receive, Freyja instead found herself in a game of fifty questions. Despite Wildfire’s casual tone, Freyja felt her frustration grow to a level that she would almost lose a handle of it all. “To defy the ones that don’t believe in me,” she answered curtly, feeling the need to explain herself further. Freyja’s mannerisms were odd for a puppy her age, but she did not feel odd. She felt in control, powerful, and able to take on the world-- her thoughts perhaps a little mature for her age.

When the question had been elaborated, Freyja paused once more. How would she make Drageda greater? After all, the Heda was doing so well with it all. “I will help Heda in examining our past and seeing how we can use it to our advantage in the future.” What more do you want? She wanted to ask, but she kept such a question under wraps as she awaited the next round of questions.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
She did not expect that answer and paused to contemplate it. Wildfire now felt the resentment simmering inside her swing in an entirely different direction, now aimed at those who would try to deny Freyja the honor and nobility that was not only her birthright but also something she had earned through hard work. The emotional whiplash left the Bandrona at a bit of a loss. She supposed she was just glad that her feelings, however momentarily, had taken Freyja's side rather than remain pitted against her.

"I think you will make a brilliant leader, Frey, and anyone who disagrees is both stupid and blind," Wildfire said, speaking generally as well as to that small but grudging part of herself. She smiled genuinely at the girl. Despite her inherent fitness for the role, Freyja would inevitably face adversity; it was just a fact of life. But the logical part of Wildfire knew that Freyja would overcome it all.

"Sorry for drilling you a bit," she added, expression still soft. "It's just the first I'd heard of any of this and I was curious. But you'll do great." Wildfire spoke genuinely and managed to ignore the little green flame still flickering in the pit of her stomach.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Finally it came. At Wildfire’s reassurance, Freyja felt herself relax. A smile was quick to spread in that instance and she offered the leader her gratitude with a softly exhaled, “thank you”. She was glad to hear that Wildfire finally offered something positive in regards to her news.

The conversation only got better as she apologized for all the questions she had asked. Freyja’s smile grew to this and she offered her mentor a wag of her tail. “I’m sure you weren’t expecting it, either,” she interjected lightheartedly.

Now, it seemed, their conversation was going in the direction that she wanted it to.

Without much of a pause, Freyja changed the direction of the conversation. “What advice would you give me about leadership?” She asked, her kind expression shifting to accompany a more serious look.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Wildfire's lips pinched together at the child's evident relief and lighthearted remark. Had she been so obvious? She thought she had hidden her inner turmoil well. But then, Freyja had always been a very astute individual. She had probably sensed the Bandrona's discomfiture and picked up on her criticism. This awareness made the yearling uncomfortable, though she supposed it was for the best; perhaps knowing Freyja could see right through her would help her curb her behavior.

"Let me think on that," Wildfire said, reaching out to nudge Freyja's cheek, "and get back to you." It wasn't just that she needed to get her feelings under control, the question deserved some real contemplation. "Maybe I can help Heda mentor you," she added with a soft swipe of her tail, ignoring the slight twitch of heat along her shoulder blades.

"Are you hungry?" she wondered in the next breath, motioning at the cooling rabbit at her feet. "It's all yours if you want it," Wildfire said. Despite her words, she snatched the limp carcass off the ground and swung it away from the Feisripa. "That is, if you can get it!" she teased through the fur and flesh in her mouth, trying to distract them both from the talk of leadership.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
With the promise of getting back on a response and perhaps a tag-team mentoring with Heda, Freyja smiled. “I would like that very much,” and it was true, Freyja wanted nothing more than to be trained together by the two-women that had helped shape her thus far. She knew that she would need to reach out eventually to Dio as well, but, given the fact that he was still away she knew that it might be a little while until she got to speak with him.

When she was offered the rabbit, she nodded immediately at the offer and it was just as she thought to reach down to grab it that it was suddenly snatched out of her reach. Freezing out of shock in the food suddenly being taken, Freyja looked from the ground to where the rabbit was held in Wildfire’s grasp.

Shifting quickly out of her surprise, Freja smirked as she lowered herself to the ground and wriggled her rear. “You’re going to get it!” She forewarned before lunging herself towards Wildfire in hopes of grabbing the rabbit from her mentor.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
The yearling derived a moment of pleasure keeping the rabbit out of Freyja's reach. But soon all thoughts and feelings of jealousy melted away as her mind cleared and she focused on nothing except the game of keep away. It was fun, of course, and a distraction, but it also helped keep both hunters' reflexes sharp.

Wildfire managed several successful feints before she felt a tug telling her that Freyja had finally gotten the best of her. The Bandrona relinquished her grip, letting the youth take it. She panted lightly as she said, "You eat that one, then you should join me to hunt up another for mine and Heda's supper."
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Despite Wildfire’s best intentions to keep away the morsel, Freyja was persistent in her attempts. After fall just short on multiple of her attempts, Freyja finally grabbed at the rabbit and tugged once she had found her proper footing. A smile crossed her lips in her success and she quickly tucked in as Wildfire began to speak.

Gobbling it up in the most un-lady-like manner, Freyja only paused briefly to acknowledge the leader’s words with a nod before continuing her feast. Soon enough, Freyja finished, leaving no traces of meat on the bones.

Pushing herself onto her paws, Freyja looked to Wildfire and licked the last remnants of her meal from around her maw. “I’m ready to go whenever you are,” she said with a nod. “The warren that I found has quite a lot of rabbits,” the advice she offered was spoken lightly, knowing that the red-haired leader would be the one to make the decision.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Hope it's cool to fade here! Let's have another soon. :D

Freyja didn't need to be told twice; she began gobbling the rabbit ravenously. Wildfire smiled fondly at her, the petty jealousy of the past half hour momentarily having ebbed away. She hoped it wouldn't return, though she had a sneaking suspicion that she hadn't seen the last of it. She swallowed thickly, gazing off into the distance, ears flicking ever so slightly in response to the noises the younger wolf made as she fed. She had heard hormones could be tricky, so she must prepare herself for the changes in mood and temperament that might come along with sexual maturity.

The Feisripa's voice drew her attention back to her. "Yep," she concurred, agreeing upon Freyja's choice of hunting grounds. "I'm ready too," she added. As if to prove that she could consciously overcome her insecurities, Wildfire cheekily said, "Lead the way," and then fell into step behind the young hunter.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Of course! Great thread! :D

With the other’s cheeky expression between then, Freyja offered a sly smile and nodded. Slipping out so that she could lead, Freyja did just that and directed them towards the warren so that they could catch something for Heda.