Shy Deer Steppes No, I'll never make it out alive
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Private 

Being alone was becoming a fixture of her currently colorless life. Why was it that she, who tried so hard to be good, lost everything? She could list the people and things taken from her for days, it seemed. Maybe she was being melancholy, but Liri felt that she deserved to be a little depressed. 

Rhys had been exactly what she expected. A tryst, not a lover, not that she expected him to be. Liri knew what she was getting into. Still, she was lonely. She missed her family, wanted her brother. 

Her wanderings had led her far from the Strath, and even still Liri didn't want to admit it. None of them were coming back; not Samuel or Minna, not even Leto who she had been foolish enough to trust once more. What purpose did she have now? 

I suppose it's time to start looking for somewhere to stay. Winter will be here soon. With a sigh, Liri resigned herself to another fate, being lost. It was unlikely that she would find Hideaway Strath again and wasn't even sure if she wanted to bother travelling back over the mountains. 

Deciding to let the wind blow her where it may, Liri wandered. It was easier than actively thinking up a plan, then she might be forced to think about Leto and the rest of the cowards who ran from her.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
He had awoken in a foul mood, with a headache that had kept him up most of the night. He didn't know why his head hated him at the moment but he just wanted the pain to stop, the pounding to stop. It was brutal and felt endless and it was in that moment that the sandy male decided he needed a distraction.

Anything would do. Hunting, swimming, fucking, anything to get his mind off the pain that tortured him. So he wandered in search of entertainment and not long after looking he found himself staring at a stranger, beautiful as can be. She was his antidote and the male was quick to approach, his intentions still unclear. All that mattered was that she could save him from his suffering.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
The sound of footsteps was the first thing to alert her to another presence. Liri's ears turned in the direction of the noise, followed by the rest of her. 

The fur along her spine bristled, half lowering herself into a defensive crouch. Something about the creamish, red furred, male approaching her unsettled her. Perhaps it was the way he stalked towards her, like a predator after the scent of blood. Maybe it was just the way his green eyes pierced her. 

"Who are you?" Her words were half growled, half hesitant inquiry. It was obvious that her body still remembered caution around dangerous males. A sort of ironic muscle memory from her days with Remo.

"What do you want?" Liri began to edge backwards, flight or fight instincts kicking in as adrenaline rushed into her veins.

nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
She was nervous, and for some sickening reason this brought a smirk upon the sandy male's lips. This power he felt over her was intoxicating and never before had he experienced anything like it. And he craved more of it, he wanted to feel this type of dominance all the time. So he so he continued forward, lime eyes never pulling away from her features.

Her first question went ignored but her second..."relief" he muttered out, sounding defeated as the word spilled from his lips. And even as she began to slink away Hadraniel pressed on, slowly but surely closing the distance between the two.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Her moving backwards did nothing as he closed the space between them with easy strides. His words made her blood run cold, unsure what he wanted relief from. Liri could had the slightest inkling of what he wanted from the lecherous sneer on his face.

"Well, you're going to have find that somewhere else," Liri bit out, lashing out in hopes of distracting him before whirling around on her feet. It looked like flight had taken over as she broke into a run, already knowing he would more than likely catch her.

nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
His head continued to pound and in a split second she had taken off trying to leave him behind like some worthless piece of garage. No, he wouldn't have it. He had been left in the dust far too many times and he refused to let some pipsqueak leave him feeling abandoned again. He deserved better and if no one would willing give him the relief he so desperately sought, he would take it for himself.

He sprinted after her, teeth snapping at anything he could grab and pull her down with. She would know the pain of what it feels like to be neglected, to feel what Hadraniel at felt all his life. Only then would this torture in his head subside.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Her brief stint for freedom was ended by the feel of his sharp teeth catching onto her flesh. They dug into her flank, halting her movements successfully. Liri twisted wildly like a feral creature, attempting to tear free despite the fact that his teeth cut into her skin with the motion.

When it failed, she curled around and tried snapping at his face with hopes of wounding him. Maybe Liri would even get lucky and snag one of his eyes with her teeth. 

"Let me go," she demanded. Liri wasn't rightfully in any position to make demands but the reality of her situation hadn't quite hit her yet.

nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
He had managed to successfully latch onto her but it came at a price. He felt as she turned around and snapped at him, her teeth scratching along his muzzle. Tiny drops of blood spilled from his wound and Hadraniel let a hiss come slithering from his lips. She would pay for that.

He did his best to use his weight to try and push her to the ground. He would not have her best him, failure wasn't an option. Her plea only angered him further and with one final shove using all his weight, the sandy male hoped it would be enough to force her beneath him.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
There was brief flash of victory that came with injuring him, the blood welling up just as her own had. It was replaced with fear when Liri realized it had done nothing to stop him from his attack. 

She struggled against him, twisting and snapping at him frightfully. Her legs shook with the effort to keep him at bay and an instinctive part of her brain knew that it wouldn't be enough. A forceful shove brought her to her knees, panic flashing through her. 

Liri scrambled beneath him in an attempt to get back to her feet and run, fight, do something. But this time was different. This was not Remo, this was a male much bigger than she and stronger too. Liri wouldn't be able to fight him off.

nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Her flailing had made it terribly more difficult for him to keep her on the ground but he had eventually succeeded in the end. His wound continued to bleed, much more now with tiny beads of blood dropping to the cold ground. It stung against the cool autumn air and breeze, but at the same time it took his mind temporarily off the pain in his head.

Yet his brain still felt like it was shattering inside of his head and Hadraniel knew he needed more than just a scratch to get his mind off the pain. He needed her. So he pushed himself atop her and began something he would regret for the rest of his life. His act was savage and although he knew it wasn't right his body screamed yes, so he continued on committing the most wicked crime he knew.

-fade to black-

you can decide where the fade ends!
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
after the fade. Feel free to wrap it up!

Her mind was screaming. She was sure at some point that she had actually cried out but could no longer remember. Her flank was bleeding and her insides throbbed from his attack.

Liri's body hurt but her mind took the brunt of it. She had always been resilient, she'd bounced back from many things before. It was these things that rebounded in her skull, reminding her of everything that had gone wrong. From the shambles, a tiny voice emerged in her head. 

"You deserve this." 

She wasn't sure if he was still nearby when he had finished, or if he had gone and left her bleeding in the dirt like trash. All of the adrenaline from before hit Liri for a second time and she twisted as if possessed, scrambling to get away from him. The healer lashed out, tearing into any flesh she could reach. 

"Run, run, run!" The tiny voice urged.

When she somehow found herself on her feet with an exit in sight, Liri bolted. She didn't look back, she ran as if the devil himself were chasing her.

nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
He knew what he did was wrong, but in the moment when he took what was precious to her, what only she should give away, he felt no regret. It was due to this that he felt anger swelled up inside him and by the time he had finished the deed, he was distracted enough by current events that his mind no longer pounded within his head. 

He left her there broken and bloody on the ground, and dashed away before anyone came by to witness the terrible sin he had committed. In the moment he did not think of the consequences that could come or the pain he had caused her. Instead he simply thought about putting one paw in front of the other as he ran, and kept doing so until he finally collapsed of exhaustion later in the day.